Author Topic: Jeremy Corbyn for PM!!  (Read 240593 times)

Offline mercury

Re: Jeremy Corbyn for PM!!
« Reply #495 on: July 20, 2016, 12:23:59 AM »
I do chuckle at the way he deals with the press on his doorstep whilst they're firing questions at him...

'goodmorning, how nice to see you, thankyou so much for coming, goodbye'

He doesn't play their game, & that's why I like him.

Ditto he.  brill gives the third finger up without having to, clas act

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #496 on: July 20, 2016, 08:57:56 AM »
According to the latest polls Corbyn will beat Smith easily. That's only to be expected because he was the member's choice and there's no evidence that they're dissatisfied with him.

The rebel MP's are trying to tell the party membership what to do. I think they'll find it works the other way round.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Alfie

« Reply #497 on: July 20, 2016, 10:24:40 AM »
The way I see it is the rebel MPs have two months to try and persuade the members to see sense and if they fail (which they almost certainly will) then it's curtains for the Labour Party.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #498 on: July 20, 2016, 10:51:29 AM »
The way I see it is the rebel MPs have two months to try and persuade the members to see sense and if they fail (which they almost certainly will) then it's curtains for the Labour Party.

I also expect them to fail. If they were responding to discontent among the members that would be different, but they're not. You seem to think it makes sense to support a group of people who;

Lost a democratic leadership election.
Decided to start an internal war in their Party at a time when they should have been uniting to attack a vulnerable government.
When their attempts to force their leader to resign failed, launched an official challenge.
Expect those who didn't vote for them a year ago to change their minds. Why? Because [they say] Corbyn isn't a good leader.
I expect the membership would like to test Corbyn's leadership skills with a supportive team rather than a group who were set against him from the beginning.

Perhaps Labour will rise from this stronger; appealing to it's true support base instead of trying to beat the Conservatives on their own ground. It would be nice for voters to have a clear choice instead of two similar parties.
Result = happy posting.

Alfie

« Reply #499 on: July 20, 2016, 12:01:40 PM »
I also expect them to fail. If they were responding to discontent among the members that would be different, but they're not. You seem to think it makes sense to support a group of people who;

Lost a democratic leadership election.
Decided to start an internal war in their Party at a time when they should have been uniting to attack a vulnerable government.
When their attempts to force their leader to resign failed, launched an official challenge.
Expect those who didn't vote for them a year ago to change their minds. Why? Because [they say] Corbyn isn't a good leader.
I expect the membership would like to test Corbyn's leadership skills with a supportive team rather than a group who were set against him from the beginning.

Perhaps Labour will rise from this stronger; appealing to it's true support base instead of trying to beat the Conservatives on their own ground. It would be nice for voters to have a clear choice instead of two similar parties.
If my boss was as useless as Jeremy Corbyn clearly is, then I would be looking for a new job.  Unfortunately it's not that simple for Labour MPs.  Their choices are

1) leaving politics altogether
2) joining a different political party one that does necessarily share their views
3) setting up a new political party of their own
4) speaking up about their issues with their boss, calling for a vote of no confidence in him and thereby forcing a leadership election. 
5) Saying and doing nothing, whilst enduring poor his leadership and his insistence of repeatedly voting against labour policy, and hoping for the best.

Which would you do? 

Democracy is all very well, I suppose you support the Turkish President too, seeing as how he was democratically elected and all, and despite the fact that he has all the makings of a radical Islamic despot.  Hitler too was democratically elected I believe.  (Yes Godwin's Law *clang*)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 01:01:08 PM by Alfie »

Offline mercury

« Reply #500 on: July 20, 2016, 10:46:10 PM »
Pathetic, weve not had nazis or islamists in the uk ever ruling, democracyhas pretty much worked as it should,poor,very poor

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #501 on: July 21, 2016, 10:20:56 AM »
If my boss was as useless as Jeremy Corbyn clearly is, then I would be looking for a new job.  Unfortunately it's not that simple for Labour MPs.  Their choices are

1) leaving politics altogether
2) joining a different political party one that does necessarily share their views
3) setting up a new political party of their own
4) speaking up about their issues with their boss, calling for a vote of no confidence in him and thereby forcing a leadership election. 
5) Saying and doing nothing, whilst enduring poor his leadership and his insistence of repeatedly voting against labour policy, and hoping for the best.

Which would you do? 

Democracy is all very well, I suppose you support the Turkish President too, seeing as how he was democratically elected and all, and despite the fact that he has all the makings of a radical Islamic despot.  Hitler too was democratically elected I believe.  (Yes Godwin's Law *clang*)

The only ones saying Corbyn is useless are the middle-class career politicians who couldn't beat him
in a leadership election. Oh...and a biased media who don't reflect what people are thinking, they try to tell them what they should think, just like those patronising MP's.

Those who the Party was set up to represent; the working class, have flocked to join the Party. So have educated middle-class people of conscience. In 48 hours 183,000 people have paid £25 to vote. Did they do that to support a little-known challenger? I think not. Unions who turned their backs on New Labour have re-affiliated because of Corbyn.

We are seeing an unprecedented popular movement by people who see a chance to have their views represented for the first time in decades. Succeed or fail, it behoves all politicians to take note.

Result = happy posting.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #502 on: July 21, 2016, 10:40:25 AM »
The only ones saying Corbyn is useless are the middle-class career politicians who couldn't beat him
in a leadership election. Oh...and a biased media who don't reflect what people are thinking, they try to tell them what they should think, just like those patronising MP's.

Those who the Party was set up to represent; the working class, have flocked to join the Party. So have educated middle-class people of conscience. In 48 hours 183,000 people have paid £25 to vote. Did they do that to support a little-known challenger? I think not. Unions who turned their backs on New Labour have re-affiliated because of Corbyn.

We are seeing an unprecedented popular movement by people who see a chance to have their views represented for the first time in decades. Succeed or fail, it behoves all politicians to take note.

I noticed when the great leader raised genuine issues like food banks & zero hours contracts during PM Q's, Maggie May didn't give any answers, all she could do was 'joke' about his job security.

Corbyn is adressing real issues, whilst the career politicians on both sides are more interested in playing the same old shitty games for & with the media.

F*ck the lot of them, I hope he wins.

I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #503 on: July 21, 2016, 12:09:09 PM »

I noticed when the great leader raised genuine issues like food banks & zero hours contracts during PM Q's, Maggie May didn't give any answers, all she could do was 'joke' about his job security.

Corbyn is adressing real issues, whilst the career politicians on both sides are more interested in playing the same old shitty games for & with the media.

F*ck the lot of them, I hope he wins.

She seems to have been studying the Thatcher model. What a shame she couldn't come up with a style of her own. Ignoring the real problems that people face in order to score points over a political rival did her no favours imo.
Result = happy posting.

Alfie

« Reply #504 on: July 21, 2016, 03:06:18 PM »
in a leadership election.
Oh...and a biased media who don't reflect what people are thinking, they try to tell them what they should think, just like those patronising MP's.

There are 172 rebel Labour MPs - I don't recall them all putting themselves forward to lead the party.  Also, it is completely untrue to say the ONLY people saying he's useless are the MPs themselves and the media.  Every single one of my labour voting friends think he's useless too, we can't be the only people in the country tho think so!  But what you or I say is not important.  What is important is the result at the next GE and then we will see who is proven right (clue: it will be me  8(0(* )

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #505 on: July 21, 2016, 03:41:22 PM »
There are 172 rebel Labour MPs - I don't recall them all putting themselves forward to lead the party.  Also, it is completely untrue to say the ONLY people saying he's useless are the MPs themselves and the media.  Every single one of my labour voting friends think he's useless too, we can't be the only people in the country tho think so!  But what you or I say is not important.  What is important is the result at the next GE and then we will see who is proven right (clue: it will be me  8(0(* )

All 3 of them.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #506 on: July 21, 2016, 04:28:07 PM »

Well, if you and your friends think so it must be right.  @)(++(*

I take it you think Smith will lose the leadership election then?

As to a general election, watch out for UKIP is my prediction, especially if Brexit is fudged.
Result = happy posting.

Alfie

« Reply #507 on: July 21, 2016, 06:45:17 PM »
Well, if you and your friends think so it must be right.  @)(++(*

I take it you think Smith will lose the leadership election then?

As to a general election, watch out for UKIP is my prediction, especially if Brexit is fudged.
1)  I mentioned my friends' views simply to point out that it is nonsense to suggest that ordinary Labour voters don't have a problem with Jeremy.  Many do, of course you don't have to believe me, and I don't expect you to, you doubt pretty much everything I write anyway.
2)I have already stated clearly on this thread that I expect Chairman Corbyn to win.  He can then form a shadow cabinet out of the dregs of his MPs and we will be blessed with the weakest opposition ever known.   Of course I'm sure as far as you're concerned that's no problem at all, as long as Jeremy's still able to earnestly ask his worthy questions from the front bench on behalf of Sally from Stoke, and Kevin from Canterbury. 
3) Yes, UKIP, exactly - they will move onto Labour territory thanks very much to Jeremy Corbyn wrecking the Labour Party.  Perhaps at the end of the day, this is why you are so apparently very fond of him?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #508 on: July 21, 2016, 07:05:41 PM »
1)  I mentioned my friends' views simply to point out that it is nonsense to suggest that ordinary Labour voters don't have a problem with Jeremy.  Many do, of course you don't have to believe me, and I don't expect you to, you doubt pretty much everything I write anyway.
2)I have already stated clearly on this thread that I expect Chairman Corbyn to win.  He can then form a shadow cabinet out of the dregs of his MPs and we will be blessed with the weakest opposition ever known.   Of course I'm sure as far as you're concerned that's no problem at all, as long as Jeremy's still able to earnestly ask his worthy questions from the front bench on behalf of Sally from Stoke, and Kevin from Canterbury. 
3) Yes, UKIP, exactly - they will move onto Labour territory thanks very much to Jeremy Corbyn wrecking the Labour Party.  Perhaps at the end of the day, this is why you are so apparently very fond of him?

I suppose it depends whether your 'ordinary' Labour voters prefer the traditional party or the Blairite rehashed party.
Why 'Chairman'? Are you suggesting Corbyn is a communist? Cites?
If the present MP's don't unite behind their leader I expect deselections to follow once the Constituencies are allowed to meet again.
Corbyn hasn't wrecked the party, the rebels who wanted to overturn a democratic election are doing that.
I think the Tories, who are in charge of Brexit, have more to fear from UKIP than Labour. It was Tory voters who carried the Brexit vote.
Result = happy posting.

Alfie

« Reply #509 on: July 21, 2016, 07:36:50 PM »
I suppose it depends whether your 'ordinary' Labour voters prefer the traditional party or the Blairite rehashed party.
Why 'Chairman'? Are you suggesting Corbyn is a communist? Cites?
If the present MP's don't unite behind their leader I expect deselections to follow once the Constituencies are allowed to meet again.
Corbyn hasn't wrecked the party, the rebels who wanted to overturn a democratic election are doing that.
I think the Tories, who are in charge of Brexit, have more to fear from UKIP than Labour. It was Tory voters who carried the Brexit vote.
1) Most of the friends I am referring to were children under Wilson, Callaghan and young adults when Blair started his first term as PM. I think only a fool would want a return to a Wilson or Callaghan style government but perhaps you meant more "traditional" than that?
2) You want a cite for my nickname "Chairman"?  That's a new one!  Corbyn may not be a Communist but he sure does favour them, he's a big supporter of Cuba's Castro and Venezuela's Chavez (RIP) is he not?  Isn't he a fan of Karl Marx?  Didn't his side-kick O'Donnell wave Mao's Little Red Book in the House of Commons on his first day in the job?  Perhaps I simply imagined it all...
3) Perhaps you should read this:
"The rise of Ukip was a key reason why Labour was unable to return to Downing Street in last year’s election. The root of Ukip’s appeal was misdiagnosed by Labour MPs, who refused to accept that it was as much about identity as economics – an abstract feeling that the EU, immigration and rapid social change threatened a cherished identity, community and set of values.

Ukip, which drew most of its votes from older, working-class and self-employed Britons, emerged from the 2015 general election as the main opposition in 120 seats, 44 of which have Labour MPs. Nationally, Ukip averaged nearly 13%. But in Labour’s traditionally safe northern heartlands this figure jumped to 19%"

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jun/23/labour-traditional-voters-progressive-values-working-class-ukip