Author Topic: Mark Williams-Thomas making new three part crime series for Ch5.  (Read 55893 times)

Offline faithlilly

Re: Mark Williams-Thomas making new three part crime series for Ch5.
« Reply #120 on: January 10, 2022, 10:56:27 AM »
MWT is not quite in the same league as you or me.

He gets paid for his opinion.

Ultimately the weight of EVIDENCE will decide regarding Brueckner - not a documaker's opinion or even that of armchair dicks such as us.

We shall see what the programme throws up and judge the evidence presented.

I do find it rather telling though that while you are quite willing to believe the words of Brueckner’s criminal friends, who themselves have admitted being involved in many criminal endeavours including people trafficking you seem rather reluctant to believe MWT’s evidence. Odd that.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #121 on: January 10, 2022, 11:05:22 AM »
HCW's word is either evidence that the Germans have good evidence that CB committed the crime or evidence that he is a very foolish man intent on ruining his own career and the reputation of the BKA.  Perhaps you disagree with the interpretation of the evidence but it is evidence nonetheless so to keep on asking "what evidence" is a bit goady imo.

You agree with me, then. The 'evidence' boils down to believing Wolters has the evidence he'll need to convict CB. Perhaps he has, but it I prefer to wait and see if he really does have enough.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #122 on: January 10, 2022, 11:12:27 AM »

I do find it rather telling though that while you are quite willing to believe the words of Brueckner’s criminal friends, who themselves have admitted being involved in many criminal endeavours including people trafficking you seem rather reluctant to believe MWT’s evidence. Odd that.

Whatever MWT has, it will be reported in Germany. That should ensure that this case will only be prosecuted with very strong evidence of guilt.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #123 on: January 10, 2022, 11:15:46 AM »
At what point in time of the evening in question was Breuckner 30 Minutes away?  The Phone Call was between 7.30pm and just after 8pm.  The alleged Abduction took place between 9pm and 10pm so plenty of time to get to Luz.

No one takes a phone call lasting 30 minutes on a phone that doesn't belong to them, unless it was an accomplice.

I am still not sure if Breuckner was involved but I continue to hope that Madeleine is still alive.  Possibly wishful thinking on my part.

However, as has been pointed out, Wolters is just a Prosecutor.  He isn't doing the investigating.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #124 on: January 10, 2022, 11:29:10 AM »
At what point in time of the evening in question was Breuckner 30 Minutes away?  The Phone Call was between 7.30pm and just after 8pm.  The alleged Abduction took place between 9pm and 10pm so plenty of time to get to Luz.

No one takes a phone call lasting 30 minutes on a phone that doesn't belong to them, unless it was an accomplice.

I am still not sure if Breuckner was involved but I continue to hope that Madeleine is still alive.  Possibly wishful thinking on my part.

However, as has been pointed out, Wolters is just a Prosecutor.  He isn't doing the investigating.

He does appear to be a bit of a glory hunter though. He turns up everywhere…obscure podcasts, television programmes…the opening of fetes ( well maybe not the last one but give him time). What is he hoping to achieve?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #125 on: January 10, 2022, 11:30:53 AM »

It isn't odd at all because we haven't heard from MWT himself.
I'm opeinded.. Let's see what he has to say.

Offline jassi

« Reply #126 on: January 10, 2022, 11:33:48 AM »
Whatever MWT has, it will be reported in Germany. That should ensure that this case will only be prosecuted with very strong evidence of guilt.

I was going to say something similar.
Brueckner's defence team will be all over this/ whatever it is, and will ensure that it is not just dismissed out of hand as being 'unhelpful'
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #127 on: January 10, 2022, 11:35:33 AM »
You agree with me, then. The 'evidence' boils down to believing Wolters has the evidence he'll need to convict CB. Perhaps he has, but it I prefer to wait and see if he really does have enough.

If Wolters said he had photographic evidence of abuse of Mafdie post 3/5/07 would you think that significant or would you say it's only words.  This question destroys your argument and I would say you don't have an answer
« Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 11:40:40 AM by Davel »

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #128 on: January 10, 2022, 11:35:42 AM »
Portuguese Law.  British Law.  And now German Law.  And even European Law varies from State to State.  But here in France they do trawl for more evidence if they think there could be some.  And they do get a few nutters turning up.  So I very much doubt that Wolters has broken The Law.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #129 on: January 10, 2022, 11:36:49 AM »
I would appreciate it if you could manage to interact with a better attitude.

Having said that, my point is that it's not possible, imo, for Davel to reach conclusions based on evidence other than the words of Hans Christian Wolters. As you yourself have admitted, any evidence gathered by the Germans is confidential.

That is a good start towards eliminating the perennial caterwauling.  You do concede that there is evidence unlike your goading post which initiated this exchange of the blatantly obvious.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #130 on: January 10, 2022, 11:40:32 AM »
If Wolters said he had photographic evidence of abuse of Mafdie post 3/5/07 would you think that significant or would you say it's only words.  This question destroys your argument sd I would say you don't have an answer

Has he said that photographic evidence exists?

Offline jassi

« Reply #131 on: January 10, 2022, 11:41:28 AM »
Portuguese Law.  British Law.  And now German Law.  And even European Law varies from State to State.  But here in France they do trawl for more evidence if they think there could be some.  And they do get a few nutters turning up. So I very much doubt that Wolters has broken The Law.

I don't see that as of particular concern, though it might invalidate any trial.
The issue is does he really have strong enough evidence to ensure a trial or is it just wishful thinking.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #132 on: January 10, 2022, 11:58:01 AM »
I'm still not entirely sure you understand the meaning of the word evidence.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #133 on: January 10, 2022, 12:00:36 PM »

Where do think MWT's evidence will be coming from wrt to a potential alibi for CB?  Little Lord Fauntleroy, George Washington and Mother Theresa?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #134 on: January 10, 2022, 12:01:12 PM »
If Wolters said he had photographic evidence of abuse of Mafdie post 3/5/07 would you think that significant or would you say it's only words.  This question destroys your argument and I would say you don't have an answer

Has Wolters said that? If he did I would still prefer to wait for him to produce it.

Mr Wolters said they have no idea how she died and no DNA or photo evidence linking the German sex offender to the alleged murder.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/madeleine-mccann-prosecutor-100-convinced-25173564

Result = happy posting.