Author Topic: Mark Williams-Thomas making new three part crime series for Ch5.  (Read 55915 times)

Offline sadie

Re: Mark Williams-Thomas making new three part crime series for Ch5.
« Reply #570 on: January 12, 2022, 01:46:46 PM »
Ok, so the investigation was flawed.

But, you'd still have to believe the innocent mother didn't phone the police about her missing daughter etc etc etc as I've repeated.

It isn't reasonable to believe an innocent mother would do such a thing, so, it's obvious she lied about Joana not coming home from the shop, something else happened & she was involved.

Agreed?

They were very poor.  Did she have a phone?

Leonor also thought that Joana had gone visiting a relative in the nearby village and IIRC she went over there to check.   PLease correct me if I am wrong about that.

I believe she notified one of the three police force offcers ( I think the GNR) on her way home at about midnight.

Please correct me if I am wrong about any of this.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #571 on: January 12, 2022, 01:49:45 PM »
There are plenty in Portugal who happen to agree with you, I remember reading a poll about it in some Portuguese paper years ago.

Me too.  And some very brave ordinary Portuguese people did comment as such, at a time when they were afraid.

Even a couple of prominent people voiced the same suspicions.

Cristovao remains a thug, currently incarcerated.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #572 on: January 12, 2022, 01:51:30 PM »
They were very poor.  Did she have a phone?

Leonor also thought that Joana had gone visiting a relative in the nearby village and IIRC she went over there to check.   PLease correct me if I am wrong about that.

I believe she notified one of the three police force offcers ( I think the GNR) on her way home at about midnight.

Please correct me if I am wrong about any of this.

Why not just present the evidence to support your claims?

How about that?
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #573 on: January 12, 2022, 01:52:00 PM »
Do you seriously expect any member of this forum to provide a cite when as a rule of thumb you ignore like requests.

Or are you still in the process of sourcing the one I requested from you this morning. Lol

I provided a cite in answer to a post which said;

"First that he's the spokesman for thee investigation. The idea of 100% evidence therefore doesn't come from him but from the investigation.
The reason he couldn't answer all the questions re the phone is that he doesn't have all the information... That's held by the investigating team"
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=12181.msg674937#msg674937

My cite showed that in Germany the prosecutor directs criminal investigations. They also assess the evidence and decide if and when a suspect can be charged.

Prosecutors are not 'spokespersons' and they do have all the information that has been gathered.

I'm not asking anyone for a cite, but if they wish to support their statement they're probably going to need one.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #574 on: January 12, 2022, 01:55:09 PM »
Ok, so the investigation was flawed.

But, you'd still have to believe the innocent mother didn't phone the police about her missing daughter etc etc etc as I've repeated.

It isn't reasonable to believe an innocent mother would do such a thing, so, it's obvious she lied about Joana not coming home from the shop, something else happened & she was involved.

Agreed?

The whole village at the time was full of Portuguese Policemen.  Leonor tried to talk to them but they weren't interested.  So she tried to search on her own.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #575 on: January 12, 2022, 01:56:50 PM »
So quizzing Wolters in the phone info is to s certain extent avesste of time.
Msrk S seemed to find it a big deal he couldn't answer all the questions but it makes perfect sense

I wonder if the BKA were giving Wolters misleading evidence about the mobile phone masts and the area they covered? Interesting...
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #576 on: January 12, 2022, 01:57:08 PM »
Cite?
I don’t have one, so call me a liar by all means, but I know what I saw.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #577 on: January 12, 2022, 01:58:54 PM »

I saw a poll once where 78.3% of people questioned believed most statistics are made up on the spot.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #578 on: January 12, 2022, 02:01:22 PM »

I saw it all as well.  But we have too many Jonny Come Latelys these days.  People who turned up for a laugh or a punch up.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #579 on: January 12, 2022, 02:02:21 PM »
I saw it all as well.  But we have too many Jonny Come Latelys these days.  People who turned up for a laugh or a punch up.

I saw it too.

It wasn't true.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #580 on: January 12, 2022, 02:07:45 PM »
I saw it too.

It wasn't true.

What wasn't true?  The opinions of other Portuguese people?

Even one of The Judges disagreed with the verdict and ordered that to be put on record.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #581 on: January 12, 2022, 02:10:11 PM »
What wasn't true?  The opinions of other Portuguese people?

Even one of The Judges disagreed with the verdict and ordered that to be put on record.

Good job there were two rational judges in the room.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #582 on: January 12, 2022, 02:18:14 PM »
Good job there were two rational judges in the room.

You could say that, but then you would.  Two out of three is hardly definitive.  It's a disgrace actually.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #583 on: January 12, 2022, 02:23:22 PM »
I provided a cite in answer to a post which said;

"First that he's the spokesman for thee investigation. The idea of 100% evidence therefore doesn't come from him but from the investigation.
The reason he couldn't answer all the questions re the phone is that he doesn't have all the information... That's held by the investigating team"
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=12181.msg674937#msg674937

My cite showed that in Germany the prosecutor directs criminal investigations. They also assess the evidence and decide if and when a suspect can be charged.

Prosecutors are not 'spokespersons' and they do have all the information that has been gathered.

I'm not asking anyone for a cite, but if they wish to support their statement they're probably going to need one.

Hmmm. 

Now, any chance of you posting one in support of your opinion as I requested.

Do you have a cite for "Madeleine's parents agreed with you that it wasn't her" says she in the forlorn hope that either you will provide one or admit that you cannot because you don't have one just for a wee change.
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=12181.msg674921#msg674921
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline jassi

« Reply #584 on: January 12, 2022, 02:25:26 PM »
You could say that, but then you would.  Two out of three is hardly definitive.  It's a disgrace actually.

Of course it is. Would you argue the same if the decision had gone the other way ?

There is an odd number so that there is always a majority.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future