Author Topic: Mark Williams-Thomas making new three part crime series for Ch5.  (Read 55923 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Mark Williams-Thomas making new three part crime series for Ch5.
« Reply #870 on: January 15, 2022, 07:30:51 PM »
I can never quite decide who you remind me most of…David Brent, Alan Patridge or Jay from the Inbetweeners…or perhaps a little smidgen of them all?

Aii incredly talented.. You do realise they are actors

You are off topic... Do you think John should give me my own thread
« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 07:43:33 PM by Davel »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #871 on: January 15, 2022, 08:06:15 PM »
I can never quite decide who you remind me most of…David Brent, Alan Patridge or Jay from the Inbetweeners…or perhaps a little smidgen of them all?
“ Name calling is all they’ve got left in their arsenal….poor dears”, remember who said that?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #872 on: January 15, 2022, 11:14:01 PM »
Wrong actually. I see everything that is deleted or moderated.  The only time I intervene is when asked to do so or if there is a dispute between moderators.

After it’s deleted or moderated?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #873 on: January 15, 2022, 11:17:30 PM »
Aii incredly talented.. You do realise they are actors

You are off topic... Do you think John should give me my own thread

They are characters.

Ricky Gervais, Steve Coogan and James Buckley are actors.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline John

« Reply #874 on: January 15, 2022, 11:19:51 PM »
After it’s deleted or moderated?

Both. All posts are visible to admins even after they are deleted.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #875 on: January 15, 2022, 11:36:53 PM »
Both. All posts are visible to admins even after they are deleted.

Of course but that’ wasn’t my point. Moderation or deletion is rarely done by you yourself and your role is more as an arbitrator if problems arise. Is that fair?

Offline sadie

« Reply #876 on: January 16, 2022, 02:33:53 AM »
As Stephen isn’t here to defend himself I suppose it’s easy to tranche him.

Davel began posting on the Amazon forum, where there were posters who really had come from science backgrounds. He was given his backside in a sling and slunk back here muttering darkly about being ‘outed’ and seeking succor from the usual suspects. He brought his supposed identity to this forum, no one else.

As to moderation and the standards that some adhere, or not, to I think this is neither the time nor the place.

Of course Davel is from a science background.   Since his real life identity was so brutally and sneakily revealed, virtually everyone knows.   You undoubtedly will.

His course at Uni was grounded on science and he would have been there for well over the normal 3 years.   I have spoken to him on the phone and he is undoubtedly the person that has been identified.  He has earned the title doctor.

He and I do not agree on a number of points, but I will not have him demeaned unfairly.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #877 on: January 16, 2022, 05:25:11 AM »
They are characters.

Ricky Gervais, Steve Coogan and James Buckley are actors.

I believe the genre is called cringe comedy. It doesn't work for me; I get the cringe factor, but it doesn't make me laugh, it just irritates me. I think Norman Wisdom's Norman Pitkin was one of those characters too. Are we being told that Davel is a created character in the same vein?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #878 on: January 16, 2022, 07:33:06 AM »
I believe the genre is called cringe comedy. It doesn't work for me; I get the cringe factor, but it doesn't make me laugh, it just irritates me. I think Norman Wisdom's Norman Pitkin was one of those characters too. Are we being told that Davel is a created character in the same vein?
Don’t you think it’s your duty as a moderator to discourage rather than encourage off-topic name-calling and personal attacks?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #879 on: January 16, 2022, 07:37:21 AM »
Don’t you think it’s your duty as a moderator to discourage rather than encourage off-topic name-calling and personal attacks?

Yes we are off-topic. I see no name calling or personal attacks, however?
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #880 on: January 16, 2022, 07:55:04 AM »
Yes we are off-topic. I see no name calling or personal attacks, however?
You don’t?  OK , let me explain.  Faithlilly likened Davel to three TV characters by name, who you helpfully identified as being cringeworthy.  Faithlilly was therefore attempting to insult Davel by naming him as like someone who makes her cringe.  If I said that you and she reminded me of Hinge and Brackett, or had the intellectual acumen of Little and Large would that be ok or would that be “abusive “ and a personal attack which apparently is against forum rules?  If it’s ok then, forthwith you shall be known as Large, and Faithlilly as Little. 
« Last Edit: January 16, 2022, 07:57:30 AM by Vertigo Swirl »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #881 on: January 16, 2022, 08:41:24 AM »
Ahah... I've been rumbled. Faith has outed me as Steve Coogans latest character.. The series starts soon

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #882 on: January 16, 2022, 08:42:26 AM »
You don’t?  OK , let me explain.  Faithlilly likened Davel to three TV characters by name, who you helpfully identified as being cringeworthy.  Faithlilly was therefore attempting to insult Davel by naming him as like someone who makes her cringe.  If I said that you and she reminded me of Hinge and Brackett, or had the intellectual acumen of Little and Large would that be ok or would that be “abusive “ and a personal attack which apparently is against forum rules?  If it’s ok then, forthwith you shall be known as Large, and Faithlilly as Little.

Davel didn't seem to interpret Faith's comment as an insult, but if my comments upset him I apologise.

Cringe comedy is what this type of perfomance has been named. I do find it more cringeworthy than funny, but that's my personal reaction to it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cringe_comedy
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #883 on: January 16, 2022, 08:51:23 AM »
Davel didn't seem to interpret Faith's comment as an insult, but if my comments upset him I apologise.

Cringe comedy is what this type of perfomance has been named. I do find it more cringeworthy than funny, but that's my personal reaction to it.

Your comments didn't upset me so no need for the apology..
I see you as an Ena Sharples type... Racing round on a disability scooter with a fag in your mouth

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #884 on: January 16, 2022, 08:55:43 AM »

Of course he didn’t, he’s too smart to give her that satisfaction, but if you think Faithlilly’s comments were designed as anything other than an insult you really should reconsider your role as a moderator imo.