Author Topic: Mark Williams-Thomas making new three part crime series for Ch5.  (Read 55927 times)

Offline The General

Re: Mark Williams-Thomas making new three part crime series for Ch5.
« Reply #960 on: January 21, 2022, 10:44:16 AM »
If MWT is ill then emailing him with intrusive questions would not be a good idea.

Please may I stress this.
I was actually thinking a message of support. Mental ill health in men is a silent epidemic, borne out by the current statistics
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #961 on: January 21, 2022, 10:55:36 AM »
Since when does sending an email become brave
Sending unsolicited mail or private messages is a bit stalkerish and intrusive IMO, particularly if you suspect the recipient is suffering from mental health issues.  Obviously if you are a close personal friend offering support that's a different matter, but creepy IMO from a completely anonymous confrontational stranger.  This happened to me recently so I know it to be true.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline The General

« Reply #962 on: January 21, 2022, 11:02:38 AM »
Since when does sending an email become brave
Well just like with Martin Grime, you're happy to mooch through their bins, but not to actually engage.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Brietta

« Reply #963 on: January 21, 2022, 11:02:45 AM »
Just a thought - does any-one know if the BKA have been allowed back into Portugal to re-interview?

Seems a bit extraordinary that investigative journalists can go nearly everywhere that takes their fancy - can interview anyone who will talk to them and record it all for posterity, but the forces of law and order who are trying to solve a crime are prevented from doing so, even if only temporarily.

That applies to the sample from 5A that the press tells us the Germans requested for retesting using modern techniques but were denied.
Much as SY were denied certain requests during their 2014 investigation.

Seems a strange way to conduct a case if you really want it to be solved.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #964 on: January 21, 2022, 11:05:27 AM »
Just a thought - does any-one know if the BKA have been allowed back into Portugal to re-interview?

Seems a bit extraordinary that investigative journalists can go nearly everywhere that takes their fancy - can interview anyone who will talk to them and record it all for posterity, but the forces of law and order who are trying to solve a crime are prevented from doing so, even if only temporarily.

That applies to the sample from 5A that the press tells us the Germans requested for retesting using modern techniques but were denied.

Do you think the Portuguese really want this case to be solved?  All the indications are that they'd rather it wasn't imo.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Online Eleanor

« Reply #965 on: January 21, 2022, 11:07:35 AM »
Do you think the Portuguese really want this case to be solved?  All the indications are that they'd rather it wasn't imo.

I can't help but agree with you.  Especially Goncalo Amaral.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #966 on: January 21, 2022, 11:32:55 AM »
Well just like with Martin Grime, you're happy to mooch through their bins, but not to actually engage.

I am willing to engage.. What would you like me to ask him

Offline Brietta

« Reply #967 on: January 21, 2022, 11:47:18 AM »

I can understand the embarrassment it has caused given what the McCanns have been put through over the years as a direct result - what I cannot understand is that given the present circumstances they don't seem keen to atone for that by easing procedures and processes for foreign investigators.

The world now knows how dismal their attitude to crimes against women and children is - it is demonstrated already by the BKA having to intervene to mop up their mistakes or laissez-faire.

Madeleine's case will only 'go away' when it is solved or investigators have taken it as far as it will go - obstruction won't help, it will only exasperate things.  It is stupid of them not to recognise that.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #968 on: January 21, 2022, 12:46:07 PM »
We know that police officers from one country have no right to interview citizens in another country. Therefore the BKA have not interviewed people in Portugal, let alone being allowed to re-interview them.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline jassi

« Reply #969 on: January 21, 2022, 01:07:20 PM »
I can understand the embarrassment it has caused given what the McCanns have been put through over the years as a direct result - what I cannot understand is that given the present circumstances they don't seem keen to atone for that by easing procedures and processes for foreign investigators.

The world now knows how dismal their attitude to crimes against women and children is - it is demonstrated already by the BKA having to intervene to mop up their mistakes or laissez-faire.

Madeleine's case will only 'go away' when it is solved or investigators have taken it as far as it will go - obstruction won't help, it will only exasperate things.  It is stupid of them not to recognise that.

Your little world maybe.

Most of the world's population has no interest at all and have far more important things to concern them..

IMO
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #970 on: January 21, 2022, 01:33:34 PM »

Your little world maybe.

Most of the world's population has no interest at all and have far more important things to concern them..

IMO

When it comes to choosing a destination to retire to or to holiday in very few are concerned about Portugal's handling of the McCann case imo.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #971 on: January 21, 2022, 01:39:51 PM »
We know that police officers from one country have no right to interview citizens in another country. Therefore the BKA have not interviewed people in Portugal, let alone being allowed to re-interview them.

In the same way the PJ did not interview the McCanns.. It. was done through a third party

Offline Brietta

« Reply #972 on: January 21, 2022, 02:02:10 PM »

Do you know - I actually mused adding that caveat to my post - then I thought, why bother, it is just so obvious no-one is going to be so tiresome as to raise it again -again -again -again -yet again.

But there is always at least one 😁 isn't there.

Offline barrier

« Reply #973 on: January 21, 2022, 02:06:44 PM »

The rubbish you rely on is from the rags, not actually from the horses mouth, strange how an hair in the rape case was passed on and a supposed partial print is at the heart of another rape case, passed on so we're led to believe  still you've scripted it rather well, who's your ghost writer.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #974 on: January 21, 2022, 02:53:36 PM »
The rubbish you rely on is from the rags, not actually from the horses mouth, strange how an hair in the rape case was passed on and a supposed partial print is at the heart of another rape case, passed on so we're led to believe  still you've scripted it rather well, who's your ghost writer.

Where does the rubbish you rely on come from