Author Topic: Mark Williams-Thomas making new three part crime series for Ch5.  (Read 55943 times)

Offline jassi

Re: Mark Williams-Thomas making new three part crime series for Ch5.
« Reply #1005 on: January 22, 2022, 05:42:25 PM »
How would anyone know what Kate really feels about anything?

I suppose we'd just have to take her word for it.

Well, I reserve my right not to trust her, thanks.

Called empathy, I believe.

people who claim to have it, think they can imagine how others feel - or so I understand.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1006 on: January 22, 2022, 06:06:42 PM »
It doesn’t require particularly high levels of emotional intelligence (or intelligence generally) to work out that a mother whose child’s disappearance is being treated by the police as a case of abduction and murder by paedophile isn’t going to be feeling 100% tip-top happy as Larry, but then maybe some people here genuinely aren’t able to work that out for themselves.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Online Wonderfulspam

« Reply #1007 on: January 22, 2022, 06:18:18 PM »
It doesn’t require particularly high levels of emotional intelligence (or intelligence generally) to work out that a mother whose child’s disappearance is being treated by the police as a case of abduction and murder by paedophile isn’t going to be feeling 100% tip-top happy as Larry, but then maybe some people here genuinely aren’t able to work that out for themselves.

But that's working on the assumption Maddie was abducted.

Maybe she wasn't.

Certainly haven't seen anything definitive confirming that she actually was.

So, if Kate were actually behind her daughters disappearance, she might in fact be quite pleased the police are investigating someone else.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #1008 on: January 22, 2022, 07:52:51 PM »

Are we to think that MWT has been threatened?  It might explain the delay.

Offline jassi

« Reply #1009 on: January 22, 2022, 08:04:23 PM »
An interesting thought.

Who might stand to lose if Brueckner's alibi was sound and brought the German investigation to a halt ?
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1010 on: January 22, 2022, 08:13:57 PM »
Can I have a cite for this apparent happy agreement  please?

Or you could address the elephant in the room - Kate didn't question the claim that her statement had been leaked, even though it didn't quote it correctly.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1011 on: January 22, 2022, 08:50:58 PM »
Are we to think that MWT has been threatened?  It might explain the delay.

Spending a lot of time away from home comforts wandering around Europe following through on material for his documentary would have been very stressful anyway.  And there is absolutely no doubt that some of Brueckner's friends must be very unsavoury people indeed.
Jon Clarke certainly felt very threatened on at least one occasion so who's to say the same thing didn't happen to MWT.

It would explain the delay but more than that it could explain his silence.  If he really is ill, why not let people know .
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline jassi

« Reply #1012 on: January 22, 2022, 08:54:38 PM »
Spending a lot of time away from home comforts wandering around Europe following through on material for his documentary would have been very stressful anyway.  And there is absolutely no doubt that some of Brueckner's friends must be very unsavoury people indeed.
Jon Clarke certainly felt very threatened on at least one occasion
so who's to say the same thing didn't happen to MWT.

It would explain the delay but more than that it could explain his silence.  If he really is ill, why not let people know .

So did he say who he felt threatened by ?

Or maybe not -

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1013 on: January 22, 2022, 09:00:59 PM »
So did he say who he felt threatened by ?

Yes he did - but this thread is about Mark Williams-Thomas and his documentary don't you know so why not think of an intriguing comment along those lines.

True saying right enough - You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink!
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline jassi

« Reply #1014 on: January 22, 2022, 09:05:59 PM »
Yes he did - but this thread is about Mark Williams-Thomas and his documentary don't you know so why not think of an intriguing comment along those lines.

True saying right enough - You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink!

Indeed it is, but as I recall, it was you that first brought Clark and his threat up, so perhaps you should follow your own advice.

Or maybe not -

Online Eleanor

« Reply #1015 on: January 22, 2022, 09:51:02 PM »

There does seem to be a lot of misinformation doing the rounds at the moment.  Fortunately some of us have heard it all before.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1016 on: January 22, 2022, 10:21:18 PM »
Or you could address the elephant in the room - Kate didn't question the claim that her statement had been leaked, even though it didn't quote it correctly.

The real elephant in the room for you is the fact that the Germans now say they have enough evidence to charge CB

Online Eleanor

« Reply #1017 on: January 22, 2022, 10:35:26 PM »

I don't understand why there is so much fuss about Breuckner.  He will either be found guilty or he won't.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1018 on: January 22, 2022, 10:49:53 PM »
There does seem to be a lot of misinformation doing the rounds at the moment.  Fortunately some of us have heard it all before.

Nature abhors a vacuum.  The understandable lack of information emanating from the investigation is being filled with whatever folk can make of of what is in the public domain.
Remarkedly in Madeleine's case this is quite often interpreted along party lines.  No wonder it ends up being such a dog's breakfast.

As far as we know there are at least two documentaries due to be released.  The makers of both have had feet on the ground and have had access to people the police have been unable to reach.  The German documentary makers have passed on information given to them which they thought of relevance to the police.
They have taken their research into Portugal, Germany and England.

Some of these associates are not nice guys - which is hardly surprising because Brueckner is not a nice guy.

What I find a bit sick is that the misinformation so carefully nurtured over the years is still being dragged to the fore despite the information to hand about the dark underbelly of the existence led by creatures like Brueckner who has become a folk hero for some.

There is no doubt he prowled the streets of Luz - but let's forget that folks and get another kick in at the McCanns!

Why it should be assumed that just because he is a well known documentary maker MWT might be immune from being affected by the tentacles thrown out by vested interest.  And it is well known that it is possible to commit suicide in Portugal by hitting oneself repeatedly over the head with an axe while sustaining defensive wounds on the body during the attack as one strikes home on the head.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1019 on: January 22, 2022, 10:54:42 PM »
I don't understand why there is so much fuss about Breuckner.  He will either be found guilty or he won't.

That is for sure.

As Davel has noted - the Germans have said they have enough evidence to lay charges.  They have also told us why they are not doing so as yet.

Why there is so much angst about that - is one of life's mysteries.