Author Topic: Mark Williams-Thomas making new three part crime series for Ch5.  (Read 55937 times)

Offline jassi

Re: Mark Williams-Thomas making new three part crime series for Ch5.
« Reply #1155 on: February 06, 2022, 10:35:48 AM »
Well they apparently have proof that he used that phone. And the excuse of losing the phone only works if he's confident they have no proof he used that phone again after that date. So yes, onus is still on him to give the Judge a convincing story.

No it isn't.

The onus of proof is always on the prosecutor.

IMO
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Ms Para glider

« Reply #1156 on: February 06, 2022, 10:46:00 AM »
No it isn't.

IMO

Mobile phone data is proof. In fact it's one of the most compelling pieces of evidences used in court cases to convict people. The onus always falls on the owner of the phone to prove they didn't have it on them if they want to claim to have been elsewhere. Judges aren't stupid.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1157 on: February 06, 2022, 10:46:08 AM »
No it isn't.

IMO

Then The Judges could very well decide that it was Brueckner using that phone on the available evidence.  Why would he refuse to say if it wasn't him?

The onus of proof isn"t always absolute.

Offline barrier

« Reply #1158 on: February 06, 2022, 10:52:23 AM »
Mobile phone data is proof. In fact it's one of the most compelling pieces of evidences used in court cases to convict people. The onus always falls on the owner of the phone to prove they didn't have it on them if they want to claim to have been elsewhere. Judges aren't stupid.

If CB claims some one else was using the phone, CB's acquaintances seem as dodgy as him ,who to believe ? June 2020 Wolters declared he had concrete evidence CB took and killed Madeleine, you still believe him ?
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline jassi

« Reply #1159 on: February 06, 2022, 10:53:34 AM »
Then The Judges could very well decide that it was Brueckner using that phone on the available evidence.  Why would he refuse to say if it wasn't him?

The onus of proof isn"t always absolute.

I agree the judges might decide that, in which care the prosecutor will have proved that point.
Equally the judge might decide that the point has not been proved.
This is why we have lawyers and judges.

I can't comment on Brueckner's response to this.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline jassi

« Reply #1160 on: February 06, 2022, 10:56:23 AM »

Unless Wolters has got sworn testimony from the person originating the call, it might prove difficult to prove Brueckner was the recipient of the call.

We shall see in the fullness of time - maybe.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2022, 10:59:10 AM by jassi »

Or maybe not -

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1161 on: February 06, 2022, 11:14:50 AM »

The reason why they wanted the person who phoned that number to come forward was to tell them who he or she was talking to. That means they can't prove beyond reasonable doubt that the phone belonged to Brueckner.

Even if it was Brueckner's phone the data they have places it within the area covered by the Vodaphone mast in PdL between 7.30 and 8pm. It doesn't place him near apartment 5A. It doesn't place him in the vicinity when Madeleine McCann disappeared, whatever time that happened.

I think you are placing more importance on the phone data in this case than it actually has.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1162 on: February 06, 2022, 11:22:33 AM »
The reason why they wanted the person who phoned that number to come forward was to tell them who he or she was talking to. That means they can't prove beyond reasonable doubt that the phone belonged to Brueckner.

Even if it was Brueckner's phone the data they have places it within the area covered by the Vodaphone mast in PdL between 7.30 and 8pm. It doesn't place him near apartment 5A. It doesn't place him in the vicinity when Madeleine McCann disappeared, whatever time that happened.

I think you are placing more importance on the phone data in this case than it actually has.
Define "vicinity".
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Ms Para glider

« Reply #1163 on: February 06, 2022, 11:34:07 AM »

I don't disagree that finding the other caller could allow BKA to elimate any doubt that he was the person taking the call. It's a very obvious move that the Prosecutor would take in order to strengthen their case.

But the discussion was about where the onus of proof lies in relation to phone data. In a court of law, mobile phone data is seen as compelling evidence. Because it is obvious that 99% of the time, the person using a phone is the person who owns the phone. So, my point remains. If BKA can prove the phone belongs to him, and CB wants to claim he wasn't in PDL, the onus will still fall on CB to give the Judge a credible reason for his phone being there without him, else the court will assume the phone was indeed with him.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1164 on: February 06, 2022, 11:37:52 AM »
I don't disagree that finding the other caller could allow BKA to elimate any doubt that he was the person taking the call. It's a very obvious move that the Prosecutor would take in order to strengthen their case.

But the discussion was about where the onus of proof lies in relation to phone data. In a court of law, mobile phone data is seen as compelling evidence. Because it is obvious that 99% of the time, the person using a phone is the person who owns the phone. So, my point remains. If BKA can prove the phone belongs to him, and CB wants to claim he wasn't in PDL, the onus will still fall on CB to give the Judge a credible reason for his phone being there without him, else the court will assume the phone was indeed with him.
Exactly.  If CB offers no alternative explanation then it would be reasonable for a court of law to assume that he was indeed in possession of his phone at the time. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1165 on: February 06, 2022, 11:38:55 AM »

Again, Absolutely.

Offline jassi

« Reply #1166 on: February 06, 2022, 11:41:30 AM »
We shall see - maybe.

Or maybe not -

Offline jassi

« Reply #1167 on: February 06, 2022, 12:00:34 PM »
All this about the phone is hypothetical anyway .
 As far as I know, Brueckner hasn't made any comment about the phone, indeed he hasn't even been questioned  about it.

Perhaps when he is, he will give an answer.

Or maybe not -

Offline barrier

« Reply #1168 on: February 06, 2022, 12:00:48 PM »

Not to sure of that, I remember commenting at the time, one of the true crimes following police investigations, 24 hrs in Police custody if memory serves, the police said the data meant nothing if the owner claimed his brother who also lived in the area in question said he used the phone, its not cut and dried by a long shot which to his chagrin Wolters is finding no doubt.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1169 on: February 06, 2022, 12:17:44 PM »
The phone call viewed in isolation is nothing but its the sum of all the evidence that's important