Author Topic: Mark Williams-Thomas making new three part crime series for Ch5.  (Read 55913 times)

Offline Ms Para glider

Re: Mark Williams-Thomas making new three part crime series for Ch5.
« Reply #1170 on: February 06, 2022, 12:43:26 PM »
Not to sure of that, I remember commenting at the time, one of the true crimes following police investigations, 24 hrs in Police custody if memory serves, the police said the data meant nothing if the owner claimed his brother who also lived in the area in question said he used the phone, its not cut and dried by a long shot which to his chagrin Wolters is finding no doubt.

Doesn't change the fact that the onus still falls on the accused to prove they didn't have the phone. In your example, the brother would be required to testify that he was the one using the phone and the court would judge based on the credibility of his account. The court wouldn't just take the accused's word for it, otherwise everyone would just use that excuse. It's the same logic for any item belonging to the accused that has been placed at a crime scene. CB's hair on the cat excuse didn't go down too well with the judge so I think he'll need something better for this.

If CB has someone willing to testify they were using his phone, the judge may accept the account. But it doesn't appear anybody has come forward to put their hand up for that yet. Maybe Amaral will.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1171 on: February 06, 2022, 12:51:42 PM »
Doesn't change the fact that the onus still falls on the accused to prove they didn't have the phone. In your example, the brother would be required to testify that he was the one using the phone and the court would judge based on the credibility of his account. The court wouldn't just take the accused's word for it, otherwise everyone would just use that excuse. It's the same logic for any item belonging to the accused that has been placed at a crime scene. CB's hair on the cat excuse didn't go down too well with the judge so I think he'll need something better for this.

If CB has someone willing to testify they were using his phone, the judge may accept the account. But it doesn't appear anybody has come forward to put their hand up for that yet. Maybe Amaral will.

This is all such illogical nonsense.

Brueckner's phone.  Brueckner was using it.  Unless someone actively comes forward and can actively prove otherwise.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1172 on: February 06, 2022, 01:00:45 PM »
I don't disagree that finding the other caller could allow BKA to elimate any doubt that he was the person taking the call. It's a very obvious move that the Prosecutor would take in order to strengthen their case.

But the discussion was about where the onus of proof lies in relation to phone data. In a court of law, mobile phone data is seen as compelling evidence. Because it is obvious that 99% of the time, the person using a phone is the person who owns the phone. So, my point remains. If BKA can prove the phone belongs to him, and CB wants to claim he wasn't in PDL, the onus will still fall on CB to give the Judge a credible reason for his phone being there without him, else the court will assume the phone was indeed with him.

As the phone was unregistered then the BKA can't prove that it belonged to him imo.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1173 on: February 06, 2022, 01:16:49 PM »
As the phone was unregistered then the BKA can't prove that it belonged to him imo.
I think they have already proved it belonged to him imo.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline jassi

« Reply #1174 on: February 06, 2022, 01:53:16 PM »

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/mysterious-phone-call-holds-key-22403399

Hans Christian Wolters, Braunschweig public prosecutor, has discussed the development in the case on ITV documentary Madeleine McCann: The Hunt for the Prime Suspect.

"We're now looking for the other person who was on the call. We want to know what they talked about. But we also want the other person to tell us who they were talking to," says the German prosecutor.

"The data shows that the phone was there, not who used it. That's why the other person on the call would be so important to us.

"They could tell us who they spoke to, possibly our suspect. In that regard, it could result in a conviction."

Clearly not certain in 2020
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1175 on: February 06, 2022, 01:56:27 PM »
https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/mysterious-phone-call-holds-key-22403399

Hans Christian Wolters, Braunschweig public prosecutor, has discussed the development in the case on ITV documentary Madeleine McCann: The Hunt for the Prime Suspect.

"We're now looking for the other person who was on the call. We want to know what they talked about. But we also want the other person to tell us who they were talking to," says the German prosecutor.

"The data shows that the phone was there, not who used it. That's why the other person on the call would be so important to us.

"They could tell us who they spoke to, possibly our suspect. In that regard, it could result in a conviction."

Clearly not certain in 2020

Not necessarily.  They might have thought he lent it to someone.

Offline jassi

« Reply #1176 on: February 06, 2022, 02:05:29 PM »
Not necessarily.  They might have thought he lent it to someone.

And so he may have. Or lost or had it stolen. Or been the one receiving the call.
We have no way of knowing.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1177 on: February 06, 2022, 02:07:06 PM »
You don't know what the BKA can or cannot prove... You are speculating yet again

Offline barrier

« Reply #1178 on: February 08, 2022, 09:20:23 AM »
Channel 5 tonight about Sutcliife no mention of CB yet.

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/crime/peter-sutcliffe-talks-openly-about-vile-murders-and-confesses-to-unsolved-crimes-in-new-documentary-3558063

Investigator Mark Williams-Thomas, who presents the Channel 5 documentary, said: “What we get here, for the very first time, is an insight into him being as truthful as he can be.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1179 on: February 08, 2022, 09:46:27 AM »
Channel 5 tonight about Sutcliife no mention of CB yet.

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/crime/peter-sutcliffe-talks-openly-about-vile-murders-and-confesses-to-unsolved-crimes-in-new-documentary-3558063

Investigator Mark Williams-Thomas, who presents the Channel 5 documentary, said: “What we get here, for the very first time, is an insight into him being as truthful as he can be.
Do we really need another programme about the Yorkshire Ripper I wonder....? 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #1180 on: February 08, 2022, 10:04:22 AM »
Do we really need another programme about the Yorkshire Ripper I wonder....?

Ditto Madeleine McCann.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline misty

« Reply #1181 on: February 19, 2022, 12:16:52 PM »
https://www.wunschliste.de/serie/der-fall-maddie-auf-der-suche-nach-der-wahrheit

MWT's new documentary will start screening in Germany on 9th March 2022. Still no date from Channel 5 but it's supposed to be first broadcast on there.

Offline barrier

« Reply #1182 on: February 19, 2022, 01:03:52 PM »
https://www.wunschliste.de/serie/der-fall-maddie-auf-der-suche-nach-der-wahrheit

MWT's new documentary will start screening in Germany on 9th March 2022. Still no date from Channel 5 but it's supposed to be first broadcast on there.

Maybe it has more appeal to the German palate.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1183 on: February 19, 2022, 02:41:57 PM »
Maybe it has more appeal to the German palate.
Why would it when MWT appears intent on undermining the German investigation?  I would have thought the main market for that sort of thing was here in the UK.

Offline barrier

« Reply #1184 on: February 19, 2022, 04:37:24 PM »
Why would it when MWT appears intent on undermining the German investigation?  I would have thought the main market for that sort of thing was here in the UK.

Why is it in your opinion that MWT is trying to undermine the investigation .