Author Topic: Mark Williams-Thomas making new three part crime series for Ch5.  (Read 55932 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Mark Williams-Thomas making new three part crime series for Ch5.
« Reply #1215 on: February 26, 2022, 12:21:26 PM »
I find McCann sceptics are generally incredibly sensitive to criticism such as that levelled by MWT, so you tell me.

Well I don't think he was ever seen as a hero, so I don't suppose anyone cares what he says.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1216 on: February 26, 2022, 01:00:11 PM »
Well I don't think he was ever seen as a hero, so I don't suppose anyone cares what he says.
A few sceptics seemed rather pleased at the prospect of him taking the wind out of the Germans' sails, so I think he was being bigged up by some in the sceptic community for a short while actually.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1217 on: February 26, 2022, 01:23:08 PM »
A few sceptics seemed rather pleased at the prospect of him taking the wind out of the Germans' sails, so I think he was being bigged up by some in the sceptic community for a short while actually.

Given what has been said, he may have some evidence to add to the mix. Until it's revealed it would be clutching at straws to regard him as a 'hero'. Those inclined to 'big up' Wolters could gain from waiting for his evidence imo.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1218 on: February 26, 2022, 01:35:23 PM »
Given what has been said, he may have some evidence to add to the mix. Until it's revealed it would be clutching at straws to regard him as a 'hero'. Those inclined to 'big up' Wolters could gain from waiting for his evidence imo.
He will certainly be a hero to some if he has unearthed an alibi for CB for the night of 3rd May.  Some people would take that as validation of their own sceptical beliefs, illogical though that might be.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline jassi

« Reply #1219 on: February 26, 2022, 01:51:33 PM »
I would have thought that a valid alibi would be  an excellent  thing  if it would eliminate a suspect

None of us want a miscarriage of justice, surely ?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline barrier

« Reply #1220 on: February 26, 2022, 01:52:50 PM »
I would have thought that a valid alibi would be  an excellent  thing  if it would eliminate a suspect

If it nails a paedo, maybe it doesn't matter to some, seems as if an alibi would be unwelcome.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1221 on: February 26, 2022, 02:06:50 PM »
He will certainly be a hero to some if he has unearthed an alibi for CB for the night of 3rd May.  Some people would take that as validation of their own sceptical beliefs, illogical though that might be.

Doubts are not illogical beliefs, they are a sensible reaction to unsubstantiated stories.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1222 on: February 26, 2022, 02:12:21 PM »
Wolters is spokesperson for the BKA  official investigation. His statements therefore carry emweight commensurate with that office.. I think it's fair to say MWTs opinion carry little weight

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1223 on: February 26, 2022, 02:46:13 PM »
Doubts are not illogical beliefs, they are a sensible reaction to unsubstantiated stories.
I think you misunderstand.  CB having an alibi does not mean the parents must have done it.  That was the illogic I was referring to. 

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1224 on: February 26, 2022, 02:46:44 PM »

Absolutely right.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1225 on: February 26, 2022, 02:48:43 PM »
If it nails a paedo, maybe it doesn't matter to some, seems as if an alibi would be unwelcome.
Of course it matters, no one wants the wrong person going to jail for this crime, however it would be disappointing to know that the BKA had been barking up the wrong tree for so many years, and that justice for Madeleine would be knocked back more or less to square one.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1226 on: February 26, 2022, 03:09:52 PM »

I've been banging on about an alibi being needed for the past year with no support from sceptics.. I certainly want to see justice done and that does not mean finding CB guilty on dodgy evidence

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1227 on: February 26, 2022, 03:16:17 PM »
What I find suspicious is its taken CB a year to come up with an alibi. He complains he's being accused of something he hasn't done.. If he has an alibi he could have ended all the speculation a year ago.. That makes me think he hasn't got one. Making one up is exactly what Wolters wants him to do as if it's shown its false it shows CB is lying. Wolters is playing a very clever game imo.. He's made CB open up... Perhaps that's why the MWT doc has been shelved

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1228 on: February 26, 2022, 06:33:19 PM »
Wolters is spokesperson for the BKA  official investigation. His statements therefore carry emweight commensurate with that office.. I think it's fair to say MWTs opinion carry little weight

I was talking about evidence, not opinions. That's what counts, not what job people do.
Result = happy posting.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1229 on: February 26, 2022, 06:38:00 PM »
I think you misunderstand.  CB having an alibi does not mean the parents must have done it.  That was the illogic I was referring to.

Do you really think people think so simplistically? I don't.
Result = happy posting.