Author Topic: Mark Williams-Thomas making new three part crime series for Ch5.  (Read 55899 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: Mark Williams-Thomas making new three part crime series for Ch5.
« Reply #1635 on: October 04, 2022, 10:06:11 PM »
Carl Beech accused a whole string of people against whom there was no evidence.  While he himself was a paedophile.

The horrible thing is that he was believed without question.  This vile person was for a time running the show on English justice and the harm he did to that and undoubtedly to the lives he touched using the power invested in him by public and 'me too' opinion is immeasurable.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1636 on: October 04, 2022, 10:37:19 PM »
Well there was evidence against Savile.

There may have been 'evidence'.  But without proof that 'evidence' is worthless.  As the exponent of the right to the presumption of innocence for a man of already bad character proven in the courts, one would have presumed you would have extended the belief in that right to encompass all.

"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1637 on: October 04, 2022, 10:42:31 PM »

There may have been 'evidence'.  But without proof that 'evidence' is worthless.  As the exponent of the right to the presumption of innocence for a man of already bad character proven in the courts, one would have presumed you would have extended the belief in that right to encompass all.

What the Saville case does prove is that if you throw enough money at lawyers anyone can be silenced.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline John

« Reply #1638 on: October 05, 2022, 12:29:13 AM »
Like what?

Like people who were sexually assaulted by him but were not taken seriously at the time. After all, who would possibly make such claims against one of the BBC's most high profile stars who did so much for charity. Savile was untouchable at the time and he knew it. He must have had half the country thinking he was something special but all along he was just a filthy letch with money and connections.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2022, 12:35:31 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline sadie

« Reply #1639 on: October 05, 2022, 03:16:53 AM »
Like people who were sexually assaulted by him but were not taken seriously at the time. After all, who would possibly make such claims against one of the BBC's most high profile stars who did so much for charity. Savile was untouchable at the time and he knew it. He must have had half the country thinking he was something special but all along he was just a filthy letch with money and connections.

Sorry, Elli, but I didn't trust him either.

We took our daughter, then aged about 8, up to the Highland Games in Fort William.   To our surprise we found that Savile was there in his caravan greeting people, his fans.  Our daughter was a pretty rosy cheeked and curly fair haired little girl.   She loved *Top of the Pops * and we took her to meet him.

His roar when he saw her and his eyes seeming to pop out and roll frightened her to death, and us.   We were glad not to go any closer.

OK this proves nothing, I know that, but women (and children) do have a feeling when men come close to them in  what they perceive to be a 'nasty' way.    I just don't trust him.   Perhaps I am being unfair?

Offline Myster

« Reply #1640 on: October 05, 2022, 08:54:28 AM »
A few on this forum are happy to close their eyes to Savile's appalling and despicable sexual abuse, and not just when he was a BBC employee...

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/jun/26/jimmy-savile-victims-leeds-general-infirmary-investigators

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/jun/26/former-child-patients-recount-jimmy-savile-abuse-leeds-hospital
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1641 on: October 05, 2022, 09:03:14 AM »

The culture and structure of the BBC helped him too, apparently. His connections with the Prince of Wales and the Prime Minister were useful too, I expect. He fooled them all.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1642 on: October 05, 2022, 09:06:34 AM »
Savile isn’t the only monster in history who was never found guilty in a court of law or even charged but whose crimes he certainly did commit, as a matter of fact.  It’s just a crying shame that he got away with it. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1643 on: October 05, 2022, 09:25:57 AM »
A few on this forum are happy to close their eyes to Savile's appalling and despicable sexual abuse, and not just when he was a BBC employee...

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/jun/26/jimmy-savile-victims-leeds-general-infirmary-investigators

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/jun/26/former-child-patients-recount-jimmy-savile-abuse-leeds-hospital

A few on this Forum believe in the Presumption of Innocence, even for Brueckner.  While some will never afford this basic fact of Law for The McCanns.  This is downright hypocrisy.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1644 on: October 05, 2022, 02:38:30 PM »
A few on this Forum believe in the Presumption of Innocence, even for Brueckner.  While some will never afford this basic fact of Law for The McCanns.  This is downright hypocrisy.

If the McCann's right to the presumption of innocence is ever breached I'm sure it will be discussed on this Forum. After all, we have constantly discussed an alleged breach. An unfounded allegation, by the way.
Result = happy posting.

Offline The General

« Reply #1645 on: October 06, 2022, 07:27:37 AM »
The culture and structure of the BBC helped him too, apparently. His connections with the Prince of Wales and the Prime Minister were useful too, I expect. He fooled them all.
He was advising the Prince of Wales on public relations, ffs.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1646 on: October 06, 2022, 07:53:09 AM »
He was advising the Prince of Wales on public relations, ffs.

Well he was an expert at fooling folk, wasn't he.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1647 on: October 06, 2022, 08:26:43 AM »
If the McCann's right to the presumption of innocence is ever breached I'm sure it will be discussed on this Forum. After all, we have constantly discussed an alleged breach. An unfounded allegation, by the way.

unles thecase is referred to the Grand chamber its absolute legality will bnot be established

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1648 on: October 06, 2022, 09:39:38 AM »
Well he was an expert at fooling folk, wasn't he.

I love the way in which you have fallen lock stock and barrel for media hype in much the same way Yewtree was swallowed whole.

How many aliases did "Nick" have when grubbing around for pay-outs funding his allegations subsequently found to be false and for which he did time.
That information is a simple matter of proven fact and I would have said that MWT has a sin to answer for had he not just followed hard on the heels of the police guided by Nick.

How many names did "Nick" go by in the day when his word was gospel, until the bubble burst.

By the way - I was wrong that he stole from Savile's charities with his award for in excess of £40,000.  The sum he was awarded was only in excess of £20,000.  Still, not bad for a day's work if it's there for the taking.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1649 on: October 06, 2022, 10:04:35 AM »
I love the way in which you have fallen lock stock and barrel for media hype in much the same way Yewtree was swallowed whole.

How many aliases did "Nick" have when grubbing around for pay-outs funding his allegations subsequently found to be false and for which he did time.
That information is a simple matter of proven fact and I would have said that MWT has a sin to answer for had he not just followed hard on the heels of the police guided by Nick.

How many names did "Nick" go by in the day when his word was gospel, until the bubble burst.

By the way - I was wrong that he stole from Savile's charities with his award for in excess of £40,000.  The sum he was awarded was only in excess of £20,000.  Still, not bad for a day's work if it's there for the taking.

Was it only Beech who accused Saville of some of the most horrific child abuse possible?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?