Author Topic: Anectdotal witness evidence  (Read 13617 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Anectdotal witness evidence
« on: December 21, 2021, 05:07:21 PM »
martin grime claims the alerts can be corroborated by anectdotal witness evidence....but Anectdotal evidence is defined as..

Anecdotal evidence is a factual claim relying only on personal observation, collected in a casual or non-systematic manner. The term is sometimes used in a legal context to describe certain kinds of testimony which are uncorroborated by objective, independent evidence such as notarized documentation, photographs, audio-visual recordings, etc.

so grime thinks his alerts can be corroborated by evidece which is not corroborated.....is this from the Alice in Wonderland School of Logic
« Last Edit: December 21, 2021, 05:46:08 PM by Davel »

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Anectdotal witness evidence
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2021, 05:44:32 PM »
I can see how a dog alert might be collaborated (if not confirmed) by anecdotal evidence, for example in the Shannon Matthews case the dog alerted to a bed(?) and anecdotal evidence was provided that someone had died in the bed.  In the McCann case the dogs alerted to blood in the apartment and anecdotal evidence was provided that somene bled there, another example. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2021, 05:47:31 PM »
I can see how a dog alert might be collaborated (if not confirmed) by anecdotal evidence, for example in the Shannon Matthews case the dog alerted to a bed(?) and anecdotal evidence was provided that someone had died in the bed.  In the McCann case the dogs alerted to blood in the apartment and anecdotal evidence was provided that somene bled there, another example.

The FACT that someone died in the bed is not Anectdotal...its  aproven fact

Offline John

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2021, 06:13:32 PM »

I think you forgot about the dog alerts to Kate's clothing laid out on the floor of the underground car park.

That said however, I think the Eddie playing with the toy footage filmed in the apartment was farcical.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2021, 06:17:14 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2021, 06:20:38 PM »

I saw Eddie being called back time and time again to things he wasn't interested in.  Is this anecdotal evidence?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2021, 06:21:14 PM »
I think you forgot about the dog alerts to Kate's clothing laid out on the floor of the underground car park.

Grime has contradicted himself . In Luz he said none of the cadaver alerts could be corroborrtaed....now hes accepting anectdotal evidence as corroboration. Its pereposterous because anectdotal evidence does not corroborate anything. Grime may be able to train a dog...that is not  aparticularly difficult task as I understand...but he does not seem to understand the concept of evidence and proof.

the clothes were all put in abox...they would have all contaminated each other...the dog should have raected to everything. If maddie did not die in the apt...and it seems there is proof she didnt...Grime has some expalining to do

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2021, 06:33:08 PM »

That said however, I think the Eddie playing with the toy footage filmed in the apartment was farcical.
I didn’t forget anything, I gave one example of (imo) anecdotal corrobration of the dog alerts.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2021, 06:44:52 PM »
The FACT that someone died in the bed is not Anectdotal...its  aproven fact
I agree - if it was proven  withdoctors certificates etc, then not andcdotal but if it was just an unproven claim then anecdotal corroboration (not proof).

Offline Brietta

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2021, 06:52:23 PM »

I think the clothing laid out on the gym floor was one of the more bizarre episodes.  Why would it be thought appropriate to remove items in which the dog had shown absolutely no interest when in the villa, to the gym where it started to mouth them and throw them about.

If that was an alert it was obvious that the clothing had been contaminated in transit or at the gym.  Whichever - it would not have stood in court if by some chance it had been allowed to be introduced.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline John

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2021, 06:56:36 PM »
I think the clothing laid out on the gym floor was one of the more bizarre episodes.  Why would it be thought appropriate to remove items in which the dog had shown absolutely no interest when in the villa, to the gym where it started to mouth them and throw them about.

If that was an alert it was obvious that the clothing had been contaminated in transit or at the gym.  Whichever - it would not have stood in court if by some chance it had been allowed to be introduced.

Agreed...it wasn't the Portuguese police's finest hour.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2021, 08:07:12 PM »

Those Dog Videos were a joke, if in fact anyone could tell the difference between those that were edited and those that weren't.  Or even why Eddie was throwing clothes around and covering them in saliva.
Nothing he touched would have been fit to test for anything.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2021, 08:28:16 PM »
There was no annecdotal evidence connected to the dog alerts in this case, but there was lots of annecdotal evidence;

All the times given in the timeline.
The open window and shutter.
The conversation with Madeleine on the morning of 3rd May.
All reports of suspicious looking men.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2021, 08:32:49 PM »
There was no annecdotal evidence connected to the dog alerts in this case, but there was lots of annecdotal evidence;

All the times given in the timeline.
The open window and shutter.
The conversation with Madeleine on the morning of 3rd May.
All reports of suspicious looking men.

Grime is wrong...anectdotal evidence confirms nothing

Offline The General

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2021, 08:42:44 AM »
martin grime claims the alerts can be corroborated by anectdotal witness evidence....but Anectdotal evidence is defined as..

Anecdotal evidence is a factual claim relying only on personal observation, collected in a casual or non-systematic manner. The term is sometimes used in a legal context to describe certain kinds of testimony which are uncorroborated by objective, independent evidence such as notarized documentation, photographs, audio-visual recordings, etc.

so grime thinks his alerts can be corroborated by evidece which is not corroborated.....is this from the Alice in Wonderland School of Logic
Source?
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2021, 08:47:09 AM »