Author Topic: So who is making money out of the Madeleine McCann disappearance?  (Read 94998 times)

Offline DCI

• Why are some folks so sick in the head!!!
Re: So who is making money out of the Madeleine McCann disappearance?
« Reply #135 on: May 28, 2013, 07:03:20 PM »

Resolved Question

McCanns: who was that bald guy with glasses ?
In the early days of the case of missing Madeleine McCann, a man with shaved head and glasses was picked up in photo's of Gerry playing with the kids, and subsequently with Robert Murat during the early days of the search.

Was it ever found out who he was ? and what his connection to both Gerry McCann and Robert Murat was ?

Source: http://bp1.blogger.com/_mXbRBcSh0gs/RrSu

4 years ago
    Report Abuse

SardineMuncher SardineM...
Best Answer - Chosen by Asker
He was identified at the police files as a tourist of asian origin named Raj. A lot of people tried to prove he was a Portuguese copper, thus enforcing the conspiracy theory. Photos of a portuguese police officer at a protest in Lisbon were scattered all over the Internet. It was OBVIOUSLY not the same man.
Eta:
He was participating in the searches. So was I and about 50 people that I know. Are we all suspects?
The man in the picture has been identified by the PJ ages ago. He got his name all over the internet.
I guess no good deed goes unpunished in the McCann case.
Attempts were made to establish his ID as a Portuguese PSP copper. PSP doesn't even have jurisdiction at Praia da Luz...
Edit@littleweed: Now I know which picture you mean. No. Not the same person. I have it with much better definition if you want to check it by yourself.
EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT:
I'm sorry, maybe I'm not making myself clear:
- "Playground man" was identified by the police as a Tourist. He is named in the police files and there can not be any doubt about it. He has a child and he was at the playground with her when the photo was taken. This is a fact, not an opinion. To see something sinister at that is a long stretch.
- The "searcher" with the white t-shirt is indeed the same man. He is helping with the search, same as Murat and a lot of tourists and locals. Stop punishing him for that good deed, please.
- The PSP agent pictured at a previous protest of the Police Association is NOT the same man. He has a shaven head and a moustache. He doesn't even look like him, come on! Different body structure and different face.
- PSP does not have jurisdiction at Praia da Luz. Plus, the k9 SAR team there is from the GNR.
- The PSP at the protest is not a plainclothes officer.
- Every good citizen who is in a friendly situation with the cops looks like that. I guess the reason for that goes back to the days when we were hesitating between a career as a fireman or as a police officer...I've witnessed a few civilian using "police lingo" with cops. It's part of being a human being and wanting to belong. We're all chameleons.

4 years ago

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090601120621AA4YyOp

I presume it is Rajinder Raj Singh BALU

http://videos.sapo.pt/cIrWOIO5DFIvUF6dpZf2
Kate's 500 Mile Cycle Challenge

https://www.justgiving.com/KateMcCann/

Offline sadie

« Reply #136 on: May 28, 2013, 07:23:41 PM »
I presume it is Rajinder Raj Singh BALU

http://videos.sapo.pt/cIrWOIO5DFIvUF6dpZf2

Well found DC1

@ 2.42 - about 2.48. 

Looks very similar.  Seems you are right.

Redblossom

« Reply #137 on: May 28, 2013, 09:14:36 PM »
Your disgusting post is what I have come to expect from you.

It shows that you cannot support your claim with any evidence at all.

It shows that you are only able to post abuse rather than engage in debate.

Everyone who reads your post will see that you are simply hiding from the question I posed to you.

I repeat.

Can you show us any evidence that Kate or Gerry McCann ever made a claim that the fund would be as transparent as a charity or are you simply making it up.

So far you have not managed to show anything other than that you are an abusive poster. Could you please return to the actual topic instead of posting personal abuse towards me and answer the question.

I remind you that there is a very good reason why you should answer and that is the T&C which you signed up to on joining this forum. You are supposed to back up what you state as fact with some kind of evidence.

Either you are simply too idle to bother or you don't have anything to back up what you have stated. Either way, its you who can be seen to have run away from the debate, not me.

I await your evidence and will debate that when it appears.

Your abuse is not really worth debating. Everyone can see what a moron it makes you look.
[/s]

Join the dots, so sorry Mr and Mrs M did not say it verbatim!!
So no *invention* of mine as you accuse, along with several other *inventions* you accuse me of, do read

About the Fund

Madeleine's Fund - 'Leaving No Stone Unturned' is a not-for-profit company which has been established to find Madeleine McCann, support her family and bring her abductors to justice. The Fund is following best practice governance procedures as set out in the Good Governance Code for the Voluntary and Community Sector. The directors of the company are Brian Kennedy, Michael Linnett, Edward Smethurst, Jon Corner, Kate McCann & Gerry McCann. They have appropriate legal, business and charitable experience. An experienced Fund Administrator has been appointed to ensure the highest standards of transparency and accountability. This should enable the Directors to maintain an appropriate governance distance in the day-to-day operations of the Fund.

Fund Objectives

The full objects of the Fund are:

To secure the safe return to her family of Madeleine McCann who was abducted in Praia da Luz, Portugal on Thursday 3rd May 2007;
To procure that Madeleine's abduction is thoroughly investigated and that her abductors, as well as those who played or play any part in assisting them, are identified and brought to justice; and
To provide support, including financial assistance, to Madeleine's family.
If the above objects are fulfilled then the objects of the Foundation shall be to pursue such purposes in similar cases arising in the United Kingdom, Portugal or elsewhere.

Fund Raising

We thank you for your interest in fund raising to support Madeleine's fund. Many donations have resulted from a variety of fund raising events. These have included Car Boot sales, jumble sales, school cake sales, race nights, sponsored runs & cycle events, ‘dress down' days, auctions & ‘cheese & wine' nights.

These events have further highlighted Madeleine's plight as well as bringing many people together to have fun whilst working towards one common goal.

We would be grateful if you are considering fund raising that you do not refer to Madeleine's fund as a registered charity as it is not. If you are embarking on a type fund raising which may carry an element of risk you may wish to consider your position regarding insurance cover. If you require further information please refer to:

http://www.institute-of-fundraising.org.uk/bestpractice/thecodes/codesoffundraisingpractice/

(5) If Madeleine's Fund isn't a charity who is regulating it?

The directors regulate Madeleine's Fund and they aspire to follow best practice policies and processes used by charities. The directors have reviewed its operation against “Good Governance: A Code for the Voluntary and Community Sector”. This sets out best practice requirements for charities.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 09:16:07 PM by Redblossom »

Redblossom

« Reply #138 on: May 28, 2013, 09:19:22 PM »
Red Blossom just does not do cites or references.

No need to lie now is there, just to have a dig, I back up most of my posts with links and give references when asked, poor poor show

Offline DCI

• Why are some folks so sick in the head!!!
« Reply #139 on: May 28, 2013, 09:26:18 PM »
I see Amaral, is still making his money, on Dear Julia's couch, with his side kick, Sargento!  ?>)()<

The other two guests look really uncomfortable  8-)(--)

http://sic.sapo.pt/Programas/Queridajulia/2013/05/28/atualidade-criminal-de-28-de-maio
Kate's 500 Mile Cycle Challenge

https://www.justgiving.com/KateMcCann/

Offline Jazzy

« Reply #140 on: May 28, 2013, 09:33:06 PM »
Your disgusting post is what I have come to expect from you.

It shows that you cannot support your claim with any evidence at all.

It shows that you are only able to post abuse rather than engage in debate.

Everyone who reads your post will see that you are simply hiding from the question I posed to you.

I repeat.

Can you show us any evidence that Kate or Gerry McCann ever made a claim that the fund would be as transparent as a charity or are you simply making it up.

So far you have not managed to show anything other than that you are an abusive poster. Could you please return to the actual topic instead of posting personal abuse towards me and answer the question.

I remind you that there is a very good reason why you should answer and that is the T&C which you signed up to on joining this forum. You are supposed to back up what you state as fact with some kind of evidence.

Either you are simply too idle to bother or you don't have anything to back up what you have stated. Either way, its you who can be seen to have run away from the debate, not me.

I await your evidence and will debate that when it appears.

Your abuse is not really worth debating. Everyone can see what a moron it makes you look.
[/s]

Join the dots, so sorry Mr and Mrs M did not say it verbatim!!
So no *invention* of mine as you accuse, along with several other *inventions* you accuse me of, do read

About the Fund

Madeleine's Fund - 'Leaving No Stone Unturned' is a not-for-profit company which has been established to find Madeleine McCann, support her family and bring her abductors to justice. The Fund is following best practice governance procedures as set out in the Good Governance Code for the Voluntary and Community Sector. The directors of the company are Brian Kennedy, Michael Linnett, Edward Smethurst, Jon Corner, Kate McCann & Gerry McCann. They have appropriate legal, business and charitable experience. An experienced Fund Administrator has been appointed to ensure the highest standards of transparency and accountability. This should enable the Directors to maintain an appropriate governance distance in the day-to-day operations of the Fund.

Fund Objectives

The full objects of the Fund are:

To secure the safe return to her family of Madeleine McCann who was abducted in Praia da Luz, Portugal on Thursday 3rd May 2007;
To procure that Madeleine's abduction is thoroughly investigated and that her abductors, as well as those who played or play any part in assisting them, are identified and brought to justice; and
To provide support, including financial assistance, to Madeleine's family.
If the above objects are fulfilled then the objects of the Foundation shall be to pursue such purposes in similar cases arising in the United Kingdom, Portugal or elsewhere.

Fund Raising

We thank you for your interest in fund raising to support Madeleine's fund. Many donations have resulted from a variety of fund raising events. These have included Car Boot sales, jumble sales, school cake sales, race nights, sponsored runs & cycle events, ‘dress down' days, auctions & ‘cheese & wine' nights.

These events have further highlighted Madeleine's plight as well as bringing many people together to have fun whilst working towards one common goal.

We would be grateful if you are considering fund raising that you do not refer to Madeleine's fund as a registered charity as it is not. If you are embarking on a type fund raising which may carry an element of risk you may wish to consider your position regarding insurance cover. If you require further information please refer to:

http://www.institute-of-fundraising.org.uk/bestpractice/thecodes/codesoffundraisingpractice/

(5) If Madeleine's Fund isn't a charity who is regulating it?

The directors regulate Madeleine's Fund and they aspire to follow best practice policies and processes used by charities. The directors have reviewed its operation against “Good Governance: A Code for the Voluntary and Community Sector”. This sets out best practice requirements for charities.

Ok newbie! Confused. Is that post really aimed at the McCanns?

Redblossom

« Reply #141 on: May 28, 2013, 09:55:03 PM »
No RedBlossom..you quote lies

Fill your boots and list the lies I post or have by others accounts INVENTED

jazzy its aimed at answering the question,when did the mccanns ever say the fund would be as  transparent as a charity, its been likened to charities fund wise and transparency in accounts, which is not happening but it gets obviously on so many peoples craw for some reason, reason being the mccanns accounts have NOT been transparent, let alone to the highest standards, not my problem LOL
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 05:54:06 AM by Redblossom »

icabodcrane

« Reply #142 on: May 28, 2013, 11:40:36 PM »

There is nothing incoherent in Redblossom's post quoting from the Madeleine Fund's Articles of Association

The claim is made, in those Articles of Association, that the fund aspires to follow  "best practice policies and processes used by charities"   

The point was well made, and should be acknowledged
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 11:54:45 PM by Angelo222 »

debunker

« Reply #143 on: May 29, 2013, 06:34:06 AM »

There is nothing incoherent in Redblossom's post quoting from the Madeleine Fund's Articles of Association

The claim is made, in those Articles of Association, that the fund aspires to follow  "best practice policies and processes used by charities"   

It is a typical Redblossom 'bait and switch'.

Originally she said:

"Irrelevant question, the POINT is the mccanns have garnered millions, they do not HAVE to say where any of it went in detail ie they are hiding it because they CHOSE NOT to DISCLOSE it as a charity might when they adtually said they WOULD be as trnsparent as a charity, they were not, ergo they LIED"

Then she posts the articles of association that were not written by the McCanns.

It does not prove her allegation that the McCanns lied.

Small charities need to disclose as little in their accounts as a private company limited by guarantee. Even if it were a charity, it could still have published abbreviated accounts. The suggestion that they would have been forced to declare more detail as a charity is a myth.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #144 on: May 29, 2013, 08:46:06 AM »

Originally she said:

"Irrelevant question, the POINT is the mccanns have garnered millions, they do not HAVE to say where any of it went in detail ie they are hiding it because they CHOSE NOT to DISCLOSE it as a charity might when they adtually said they WOULD be as trnsparent as a charity, they were not, ergo they LIED"

Then she posts the articles of association that were not written by the McCanns.

Small charities need to disclose as little in their accounts as a private company limited by guarantee. Even if it were a charity, it could still have published abbreviated accounts. The suggestion that they would have been forced to declare more detail as a charity is a myth.

No Debunker...nothing to do with the McCanns just as it wasn't their fault that they chose to neglect their three children.  I was of the opinion that you were only interested in the facts of the case yet are an apologist for the McCanns.  Are they not both directors of the Madeleine Company?  Are they not jointly and severally responsible along with the other directors for the constitution of the Company?  Your comment that the McCanns are not to know what is in the Articles of Association because they didn't write them must rank among one of the weakest comments you have ever posted.  Bottom line is they guaranteed transparency but deliver little.

De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Mrs. B

« Reply #145 on: May 29, 2013, 08:59:25 AM »
Personally, I'm perfectly happy with the fund accounts. I have seen no evidence of any wrong doing, & having donated, I have no reason to suspect there is any. But what I do suspect is that those who make it their business to whine about lack of transparency are among those who never donated a penny.

icabodcrane

« Reply #146 on: May 29, 2013, 06:43:38 PM »

Originally she said:

You are incorrect

If the Madeleine Fund were a registered charity  it would be obliged to submit full and detailed accounts to the charity commission, which would, in turn,  make the full accounts freely available to download on it's website

In submitting abbreviated accounts, therefore,  the Fund is  not following best practice requirements for charities

Redblossom

« Reply #147 on: May 29, 2013, 06:47:37 PM »

Originally she said:

No Debunker...nothing to do with the McCanns just as it wasn't their fault that they chose to neglect their three children.  I was of the opinion that you were only interested in the facts of the case yet are an apologist for the McCanns.  Are they not both directors of the Madeleine Company?  Are they not jointly and severally responsible along with the other directors for the constitution of the Company?  Your comment that the McCanns are not to know what is in the Articles of Association because they didn't write them must rank among one of the weakest comments you have ever posted.  Bottom line is they guaranteed transparency but deliver little.

Its on THEIR website, which KM has also said she runs, so they cant not know what was written LOL, thats where I got it from, and also KM mentions it in her book somewhere

http://www.findmadeleine.com/about_the_campaign/

And registered charities do have to submit full accounts to the charities commission from what I understand

It seems the Mccans were given the opportunity to register the fund as a charity by the charities commission and went on anyway pdq to make it a ltd company, see enid odowds forensic accounting report on mccannfiles.com
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 06:54:57 PM by Redblossom »

debunker

« Reply #148 on: May 29, 2013, 06:49:03 PM »

Originally she said:

You are incorrect

If the Madeleine Fund were a registered charity  it would be obliged to submit full and detailed accounts to the charity commission, which would, in turn,  make the full accounts freely available to download on it's website

In submitting abbreviated accounts, therefore,  the Fund is  not following best practice requirements for charities

Wrong again. I have done accounts for a charity.

Cite:

http://www.bdcvs.org.uk/documents/governance%20toolkit/charity%20reports%20%26%20accounts.pdf

"A charitable company must file its full accounts at the Charity
Commission even if it files abbreviated accounts at Companies
House (under the ësmall companyí rules)."

I will gladly accept your apology.

icabodcrane

« Reply #149 on: May 29, 2013, 06:59:14 PM »

Originally she said:

You are incorrect

Wrong again. I have done accounts for a charity.

Cite:

http://www.bdcvs.org.uk/documents/governance%20toolkit/charity%20reports%20%26%20accounts.pdf

"A charitable company must file its full accounts at the Charity
Commission even if it files abbreviated accounts at Companies
House (under the ësmall companyí rules)."

I will gladly accept your apology.

Well exactly  ...  if the Fund was a charity then it would be compelled to prepare and submit  FULL accounts to the charity commission

You were wrong when you said abbreviated accounts are all that is  required from a charity

Even  if abbreviated accounts are filed at Companies House,  full and detailed accounts  still have to be submitted to the Charities commission  (  and subsequently freely available to the public )

The Fund does not meet that requirement, and does not, therefore, follow best practice requirements of a charity