Author Topic: So who is making money out of the Madeleine McCann disappearance?  (Read 94997 times)

Offline Carana

Re: So who is making money out of the Madeleine McCann disappearance?
« Reply #195 on: May 29, 2013, 08:50:11 PM »
Do your own donkey work ferryman for once, if its not too much trouble that is

I've done my donkey work and I'm certainly not doing yours as well.

You've made the claim.

You provide the evidence to back it up.

its all there, do READ, Im sure you have the capability to, look out for keywords like *charity* nite luv
 8((()*/

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id405.html

She doesn't say what this "little compromise" was.

If she had quoted the correspondence that she had obtained under FOI, it might be clearer. As it stands, it seems to be her (mis)interpretation.

Offline Carana

« Reply #196 on: May 29, 2013, 09:04:22 PM »
What part of this is unclear?

http://www.charitycommission.gov.uk/start-up-a-charity/setting-up-a-charity/about-charities/

Charities exist to benefit the public, not specific individuals.

That IS the Charity Commission, i.e. those people who decide what can be a charity or not.

A bit odd for someone who claims to have performed a forensic examination...

icabodcrane

« Reply #197 on: May 29, 2013, 09:18:10 PM »

but it is not an irrefutable fact seeing as the charities commission were willing to bend over backwards and accommodate the mccanns with a few changes, but they were in too much of a hurry, having already set the fund launch date for the media, they were not in any way interested in charity status were they?

I think you are probably right, and that the McCanns were never really interested in making the Fund a charity

I am reminded of Kate's uncle, Brian Kennedy, stating  clearly, quite early on, that the Fund would primarily be used to cover legal fees

If that was the true intention then charitable status was out of the question from the start

Offline Mrs. B

« Reply #198 on: May 29, 2013, 09:21:06 PM »
Regardless of what you may "think" were the intentions of the McCann family, the option of a charity benefiting only one individual is not there. Not for them, not for you, not for anyone. This is not difficult to understand.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #199 on: May 29, 2013, 09:25:35 PM »
Regardless of what you may "think" were the intentions of the McCann family, the option of a charity benefiting only one individual is not there. Not for them, not for you, not for anyone. This is not difficult to understand.

Seemingly it is for some.  Although most of us have known why for a very long time.

IT IS NOT POSSIBLE FOR A CHARITY TO BENEFIT JUST ONE PERSON.

Offline Benice

« Reply #200 on: May 29, 2013, 09:30:10 PM »

but it is not an irrefutable fact seeing as the charities commission were willing to bend over backwards and accommodate the mccanns with a few changes, but they were in too much of a hurry, having already set the fund launch date for the media, they were not in any way interested in charity status were they?

I think you are probably right, and that the McCanns were never really interested in making the Fund a charity

I am reminded of Kate's uncle, Brian Kennedy, stating  clearly, quite early on, that the Fund would primarily be used to cover legal fees

If that was the true intention then charitable status was out of the question from the start

IIRC  the legal fees for setting up the Fund were huge.   Brian Kennedy spoke about 2 weeks after Madeleine had been abducted and had no way of knowing what was going to happen in the future, so he was talking about current issues IMO.   

Didn't benefactors come forward and offer to cover legal fees - further down the line?
The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline Carana

« Reply #201 on: May 29, 2013, 09:33:40 PM »

I'm not sure about that.

In context, everyone was running around trying to get some kind of structure set up as fast as possible.

Imagine the chaos: you're not calmly setting up a business or charity after a mature reflection process, you're in a panic, listening to everyone and no one at the same time, wondering what the hell you should be doing. Misunderstandings are likely.

According to Enid O'Dowd:

In the context of the financial help that was then being offered, Kate says the IFLG paralegal advised them to set up a 'fighting fund'. The IFLG would devise the objectives of the fund and instruct a leading charity law firm Bates Wells Braithwaite (BWB) to draw up Articles of Association.

Was BWB fully aware of the entire situation at the time, or did they simply fill in a standard application form based on a half-understood instruction?

Looking into the possibility of charity status may have been worth examining, but it wouldn't have been viable in those circumstances.

icabodcrane

« Reply #202 on: May 29, 2013, 09:34:14 PM »

IIRC  the legal fees for setting up the Fund were huge.   Brian Kennedy spoke about 2 weeks after Madeleine had been abducted and had no way of knowing what was going to happen in the future, so he was talking about current issues IMO.   

Didn't benefactors come forward and offer to cover legal fees - further down the line?

Setting up a limited company costs a few hundred pounds 

I don't think that is what Brian Kennedy was talking about at all

Offline Benice

« Reply #203 on: May 29, 2013, 09:37:31 PM »

I'm not sure about that.

In context, everyone was running around trying to get some kind of structure set up as fast as possible.

Imagine the chaos: you're not calmly setting up a business or charity after a mature reflection process, you're in a panic, listening to everyone and no one at the same time, wondering what the hell you should be doing. Misunderstandings are likely.

In the context of the financial help that was then being offered, Kate says the IFLG paralegal advised them to set up a 'fighting fund'. The IFLG would devise the objectives of the fund and instruct a leading charity law firm Bates Wells Braithwaite (BWB) to draw up Articles of Association.

Was BWB fully aware of the entire situation at the time, or did they simply fill in a standard application form based on a half-understood instruction?

Looking into the possibility of charity status may have been worth examining, but it wouldn't have been viable in those circumstances.

I don't think Kate and Gerry would have had much to do with the setting up of the fund - they would leave it to the experts as they had other things on their minds at the time. imo.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline DCI

• Why are some folks so sick in the head!!!
« Reply #204 on: May 29, 2013, 09:39:30 PM »
So who is making money out of the Madeleine McCann disappearance?

Goncalo Amaral, - with books, interviews, etc. He wanted 80,000 Euros off Sky to do an interview.

Paulo Cristoavo - wrote book, about Madeleine early 2008. Also wrote book about Joanna.

Bennett - selling his lies.

Pat Brown - ditto
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 09:42:08 PM by DCI »
Kate's 500 Mile Cycle Challenge

https://www.justgiving.com/KateMcCann/

Offline Carana

« Reply #205 on: May 29, 2013, 09:40:55 PM »

I'm not sure about that.

I don't think Kate and Gerry would have had much to do with the setting up of the fund - they would leave it to the experts as they had other things on their minds at the time. imo.

Yes, there were no doubt other intermediaries - all opportunities for misunderstandings.

Offline DCI

« Reply #206 on: May 29, 2013, 09:49:31 PM »
So who is making money out of the Madeleine McCann disappearance?

Goncalo Amaral, - with books, interviews, etc. He wanted 80,000 Euros off Sky to do an interview.

Paulo Cristoavo - wrote book, about Madeleine early 2008. Also wrote book about Joanna.

Bennett - selling his lies.

Pat Brown - ditto
Stevo has a book for sale too which is full of the most shocking lies.

Cheers Martha, but I only use Andrex  @)(++(*

ferryman

« Reply #207 on: May 29, 2013, 09:50:29 PM »
Has anyone ever checked that O'Dowd wrote that article?

To me, it has all the sophistry of Moore.

But it does appear to assert the falsehood that the fund could have been a charity:

(sic)

In Chapter 9 in which Kate describes her activities of May 14 she does not mention any dealings with BWB who must have worked very hard that day. Nor does she mention dealing with the paralegal or anyone else at IFLG. There must have been urgent emails and phone calls that day from her advisors. She just states that charity status would not be forthcoming as it was deemed that the 'public benefit' test would not be met, and adds that it (the Fund) 'was set up with great care and due diligence by experts in their field.'

Offline DCI

« Reply #208 on: May 29, 2013, 09:53:59 PM »
Has anyone ever checked that O'Dowd wrote that article?

To me, it has all the sophistry of Moore.

But it does appear to assert the falsehood that the fund could have been a charity:

(sic)

In Chapter 9 in which Kate describes her activities of May 14 she does not mention any dealings with BWB who must have worked very hard that day. Nor does she mention dealing with the paralegal or anyone else at IFLG. There must have been urgent emails and phone calls that day from her advisors. She just states that charity status would not be forthcoming as it was deemed that the 'public benefit' test would not be met, and adds that it (the Fund) 'was set up with great care and due diligence by experts in their field.'

Nor ever met any of the named people, I bet.

Have you seen her in action?

ferryman

« Reply #209 on: May 29, 2013, 10:04:12 PM »
Of course ms odowd is the next person on ferrymans and others list as frauds crooksters liars and people with hard of hearing and bad memories lol, the list is getting soooooo long, almost as long as the tabloids list of suspects on this cade, which mustbe over 200 by now
 @)(++(*

There are 3 possibilities

1.  Law in the Irish Republic governing charitable status is different from law in England and O'dowd got the (disparate) legislations mixed up.

2. Ms O'dowd just got it plain wrong

3. Ms O'Dowd didn't write the article

Which?