UK and North American politics. > A look at British politics in the light of the decision to leave the EU.

Jeremy Corbyn for PM!!

(1/298) > >>

Alfred R Jones:
Following discussions with my friends* on the Madeleine McCann forum I thought it would be interesting to continue the discussion here.  Anyone with an ounce of sense knows that pigs will sprout wings and fly before Corbyn gets his hands on the keys of Number 10, but putting that to one side - what do we think of his views, his ability to lead the Labour Party and the country, his beard and dress sense, etc?

* (friends in this instance is used in the same way as Corbyn claimed he used the word to describe the terrorist sympathisers he shared a platform with, ie: a bunch of people whose views I vehemently oppose but it's always good to talk!)

sika:
I think that he is a thoroughly decent man.  If he does manage to win the current leadership battle, I fear that the appointment will be challenged and the election declared null and void.  There's no way the party will line up behind him. 

He would get my vote though.

Passer-by:
Oh dear. All I know about him is he went to a fee-paying Grammar school . . . ?!

Eleanor:

--- Quote from: Passer-by on August 24, 2015, 12:42:05 AM ---Oh dear. All I know about him is he went to a fee-paying Grammar school . . . ?!

--- End quote ---

Really?  I didn't know that.  Not that it should matter, but it does, in terms of hypocrisy.

Although why anyone thinks that those who deserted Labour to vote Tory would now want to vote for the hard left does confuse me a bit.
Perhaps it is a plot to scupper Labour for ever.

Alfred R Jones:

--- Quote from: Passer-by on August 24, 2015, 12:42:05 AM ---Oh dear. All I know about him is he went to a fee-paying Grammar school . . . ?!

--- End quote ---
Grammar schools don't tend to be fee paying do they?  The potential hypocrisy is that he is the product of a grammar school education who thinks grammar schools should be abolished.  Mind you, I don't suppose he had much choice where he was sent to school when he was a kid so I'm not holding that against him.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version