News and current affairs > The Coronavirus and Covid-19

Corona Virus; Tips and info

<< < (2/39) > >>

sadie:
Tip 5

It is possible to make your ownn sterilizing solution.  Am too tired atm., but it is on the internet.  Perhaps someone can look it up for me and post it

sadie:
Tip 6

We have a couple of designated boxes in the garage.  Everything that comes in, food or parcels etc., goes in there for 3-4 days, before we touch it.

We dont know if this is long enough but hopefully it is;

We have a camping/ caravanning fridge.   chiller stuff goes in there for a period.

Unfortunately we dont know if freezing or heat kills it or even maybe encourages it.  After all it flourished in China which is pretty cold in places and also in the Dolomites of Northern Italy.

Bread and the Royal mail post are both a bit tricky but we eat the bread after one or two days, keeping it in isolation until then.   Hubby is quite good at getting into the envelopes and reaching the letters without touching anything nsty.

sadie:
Tip 7

A How-To Guide for the Removal (Doffing) of Disposable Gloves:

i)    Pinch and hold the outside of the glove near the wrist area.

ii)   Peel downwards, away from the wrist, turning the glove inside out.

iii)   Pull the glove away until it is removed from the hand and hold the inside-out glove with the gloved hand.

iv)   With your un-gloved hand, slide your finger/s under the wrist of the remaining glove, taking care not to touch the outside of the glove.

v)    Again, peel downwards, away from the wrist, turning the glove inside out.

vi)    Continue to pull the glove down and over the inside-out glove being held in your gloved hand.

vii)   This will ensure that both gloves are inside out, one glove enveloped inside the other, with no contaminant on the bare hands.

sadie:

Tip 8

Order in food.  There is now a waiting list certainly at some supermarkets. 

We had some delivered from Morrisons about 3 days ago and we had to wait nearly 5 days then.  I believe that the delivery waiting times have increased considerably since then, so I suggest you book your slot asap and gradually add food to your list in the waiting period

Get your isolation boxes ready before they come.  Ours are in the garage. and a camping fridge for isolating chilled meals. bacon, cheese and bread, so we only order in freezer stuff that we can thaw out gradually in the fridge for us to eat in the next 3 days or so

Our freezer is absolutely full, mainly with ready meals

sadie:
There are more tips, but can't think of them at present ... and I am ready for a snooze.

Hope these help

Please add your own tips / info

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version