Author Topic: Goncalo Amaral.  (Read 400368 times)

Offline Eleanor

Re: Goncalo Amaral.
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2020, 02:19:06 PM »
She was still working for the Tourist Board in 2016. https://dre.pt/home/-/dre/73013574/details/maximized but I think she was dismissed for poor work attendance.

Interesting.  Or not.  Not sure.  She was never going to divorce Goncalo and then she did.  Something to do with Sofia owning half of a house with Goncalo.

And then it all went quiet and now I am wondering where Goncalo might be living.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2020, 03:06:13 PM »
if true that would suggest he is currently an arguido.  Again.

Which may explain the silence emanating from Portugal if there is a shred of truth in the allegation.  The Spanish media would not be covered by the same restriction.

It might indeed explain Amaral's presence as photographed outside the court but not why he has not been mentioned by name.

Although the Spanish press do not have appeared to have been ruled by the same discretion.
Snip
The man was arrested for participating in a criminal network responsible for organizing various robberies of properties and resorts in Portugal . According to information from the Prosecutor's Office, Pereira's role would have been to provide information about the victims of the crimes.

Gonçalo Amaral, chief investigator of the case, is also being investigated for his participation in the same criminal network, but is currently at large.
https://www.24horas.cl/internacional/policia-involucrado-en-el-caso-de-madeleine-mccann-fue-arrestado-y-condenado-a-siete-anos-y-medio-de-prision-3776769
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2020, 03:08:57 PM »
Which may explain the silence emanating from Portugal if there is a shred of truth in the allegation.  The Spanish media would not be covered by the same restriction.

It might indeed explain Amaral's presence as photographed outside the court but not why he has not been mentioned by name.

Although the Spanish press do not have appeared to have been ruled by the same discretion.
Snip
The man was arrested for participating in a criminal network responsible for organizing various robberies of properties and resorts in Portugal . According to information from the Prosecutor's Office, Pereira's role would have been to provide information about the victims of the crimes.

Gonçalo Amaral, chief investigator of the case, is also being investigated for his participation in the same criminal network, but is currently at large.
https://www.24horas.cl/internacional/policia-involucrado-en-el-caso-de-madeleine-mccann-fue-arrestado-y-condenado-a-siete-anos-y-medio-de-prision-3776769

Is this photo taken recently outside of court

Offline Brietta

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2020, 03:13:14 PM »

No I don't think so.  I think it appeared when Cristovao was first charged with the kidnapping offences etc.  I will check.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2020, 03:27:37 PM »

The caption reads ...
"Former PJ police colleagues Paulo Pereira Cristovão (pictured left) and Gonçalo Amaral, who also authored a book on Madeleine's disappearance (right) pictured outside the Faro Court in 2008. (Photo: Lusa)"
https://www.theportugalnews.com/news/ex-pj-detective-and-madeleine-book-author-arrested-on-a-series-of-charges/34181#comments

There are four comments referring to the article which sound a bit outraged please find three below which I think are pertinent to the item in the Spanish press ...

Snip

Of all the pictures available you had to choose one that included Mr. Amaral. You are once again showing your bias against Mr. Amaral. Have you forgotten the Fiasco over the court reports?
===============================================

Really? You're trying to make it look as if Amaral was involved in this?! Why not print a picture of Cristovão with Rogério Alves, the McCanns' lawyer who also defended Cristovão? Now that would be interesting! Poor Portugal News, poor journalism.

This is the most appalling piece of "journalism" I have seen in a long time. Outrageous manipulation to insinuate that it is Goncalo Amaral (right) who is being charged, and low and behold, of kidnapping as well.

This is the best example of McCann launched media manipulation in a long row, and it is a disgrace. Ask yourself why the parents of a missing child spend all their time and efforts to destroy the only person who was looking for it.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2020, 04:21:50 PM »
The caption reads ...
"Former PJ police colleagues Paulo Pereira Cristovão (pictured left) and Gonçalo Amaral, who also authored a book on Madeleine's disappearance (right) pictured outside the Faro Court in 2008. (Photo: Lusa)"
https://www.theportugalnews.com/news/ex-pj-detective-and-madeleine-book-author-arrested-on-a-series-of-charges/34181#comments

There are four comments referring to the article which sound a bit outraged please find three below which I think are pertinent to the item in the Spanish press ...

Snip

Of all the pictures available you had to choose one that included Mr. Amaral. You are once again showing your bias against Mr. Amaral. Have you forgotten the Fiasco over the court reports?

Really? You're trying to make it look as if Amaral was involved in this?! Why not print a picture of Cristovão with Rogério Alves, the McCanns' lawyer who also defended Cristovão? Now that would be interesting! Poor Portugal News, poor journalism.

This is the most appalling piece of "journalism" I have seen in a long time. Outrageous manipulation to insinuate that it is Goncalo Amaral (right) who is being charged, and low and behold, of kidnapping as well.

This is the best example of McCann launched media manipulation in a long row, and it is a disgrace. Ask yourself why the parents of a missing child spend all their time and efforts to destroy the only person who was looking for it.

Very interesting that amaral is being investigated Re the Christovao case..... Very interesting... What will he supporters say... LOL

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2020, 04:29:14 PM »
She was still working for the Tourist Board in 2016. https://dre.pt/home/-/dre/73013574/details/maximized but I think she was dismissed for poor work attendance.
Lazy shirker.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline The General

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2020, 04:31:32 PM »
Very interesting that amaral is being investigated Re the Christovao case..... Very interesting... What will he supporters say... LOL
Apart from me saying 'probably nothing' in this post, probably nothing.
If it wasn't for a couple of barrel scrapers dredging up any old tat on him on an obscure forum, I doubt anyone knows or indeed cares. LOL.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline The General

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2020, 04:32:24 PM »
Lazy shirker.
Hey, Misty did quite a bit of work finding that.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2020, 04:34:42 PM »
Hey, Misty did quite a bit of work finding that.
For the avoidance of any doubt I was referring to the Saintly Mother Sophia Leal as a lazy shirker, not our dealrly beloved Misty.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline misty

« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2020, 04:37:10 PM »
Lazy shirker.

To be fair, I think she may have been ill at that time. Equally she has no responsibility for how Goncalo acted & behaved.

Offline misty

« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2020, 04:46:28 PM »

Here is Amaral connected to the upper echelons of Benica FC whose president Luis Filipe Vieira has been made an arguido in the ongoing Operation Lex. (see https://algarvedailynews.com/news/13538-judges-and-football-magnates-arrested-in-operation-lex). Op. Lex also involves Judge Rui Rangel, a co-author of one of Amaral's books & someone who opined on Madeleine's case on Portuguese TV.

http://blogs.xl.pt/bolanaarea/2012/10/21/policia-judiciaria-apoia-luis-filipe-vieira/

The list of members of the Honor Committee for Luís Filipe Vieira 's candidacy is extensive . I won't go into too much detail.

I will only mention the following names: António Correia de Oliveira, Duarte Oliveira Martins, José Vasconcellos e Sousa, Leonel Sérgio Pinto, Luís Coelho Ribeiro, Luís Óscar Morais, Manuel Jesus Carvalho, Miguel Albuquerque de Lemos, Rui Gomes Girão, José Coelho da Costa , Gonçalo Amaral and Vítor Tavares de Almeida.

Do not know? It is likely that they are all inspectors or ex-inspectors of the Judicial Police. One even joined the Golden Whistle Process Special Team.

Offline The General

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2020, 06:09:54 PM »

Gimme a G
Gimme an O
Gimme an N
Gimme a Z
Gimme another O
........GGGGOOOOOOOOO TEAM GONZO. WOOO!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2020, 06:11:45 PM »
To be fair, I think she may have been ill at that time. Equally she has no responsibility for how Goncalo acted & behaved.
You can’t dismiss people for being genuinely ill, surely?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2020, 06:13:58 PM »
Gimme a G
Gimme an O
Gimme an N
Gimme a Z
Gimme another O
........GGGGOOOOOOOOO TEAM GONZO. WOOO!
His fanclub don’t like it when you call him Gonzo, it sounds like a muppet (apt in my view, but not in theirs).