Author Topic: Goncalo Amaral.  (Read 406946 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: Goncalo Amaral.
« Reply #600 on: June 14, 2020, 09:07:12 AM »
Well to get back on topic it very much looks to me that Amaral had not ruled out parental involvement from early in the investigation, but as you pointed out elsewhere the UK Police were briefing civil servants on their complete assurance that this was a case of "rare stranger abduction" (quote from CM, January 2008). IMO Amaral is acting professionally and our own Police are seen to act in a prejudicial manner from the outset, imo.

The Portuguese didn't share your opinion of Amaral's 'professionalism' when they sacked him from Madeleine's case then gave him a fine and a suspended prison sentence when they found him guilty of perjury.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #601 on: June 14, 2020, 09:12:23 AM »
Well to get back on topic it very much looks to me that Amaral had not ruled out parental involvement from early in the investigation, but as you pointed out elsewhere the UK Police were briefing civil servants on their complete assurance that this was a case of "rare stranger abduction" (quote from CM, January 2008). IMO Amaral is acting professionally and our own Police are seen to act in a prejudicial manner from the outset, imo.
Amaral’s profession is a TV talking head an author of a very flawed book, in what way is he acting professionally?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Billy Whizz Fan Club

« Reply #602 on: June 14, 2020, 09:28:42 AM »
The Portuguese didn't share your opinion of Amaral's 'professionalism' when they sacked him from Madeleine's case then gave him a fine and a suspended prison sentence when they found him guilty of perjury.

Just to qualify what I meant. Amaral was acting professionally in the MM case specifically when (unlike the UK Police and CEOP) he did not rule out parental responsibility in May 2007.

The perjury conviction wasn't in relation to the MM case as far as I know.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #603 on: June 14, 2020, 09:41:49 AM »
Just to qualify what I meant. Amaral was acting professionally in the MM case specifically when (unlike the UK Police and CEOP) he did not rule out parental responsibility in May 2007.

The perjury conviction wasn't in relation to the MM case as far as I know.

It was related to The Case of another Missing Child in proximity to Praia Da Luz.

Amaral should never have Coordinated The McCann Case.  That wasn't very professional either.

« Reply #604 on: June 14, 2020, 10:50:52 AM »
It was related to The Case of another Missing Child in proximity to Praia Da Luz.

Amaral should never have Coordinated The McCann Case.  That wasn't very professional either.

That's a fair point. But if he's given the case to investigate then he still needs to act professionally..... and perjury in one case doesn't mean we can safely transfer that to every case he works on. If that was the case he should have been sacked. However, that said I don't have much faith in the Police in either country (or Germany!!)

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #605 on: June 14, 2020, 11:14:29 AM »
That's a fair point. But if he's given the case to investigate then he still needs to act professionally..... and perjury in one case doesn't mean we can safely transfer that to every case he works on. If that was the case he should have been sacked. However, that said I don't have much faith in the Police in either country (or Germany!!)

Amaral volunteered, despite being due to go on holiday the next day.  Sofia Leal was none too pleased about that.

PS.  Amaral was sacked.

« Reply #606 on: June 14, 2020, 11:31:55 AM »
Amaral volunteered, despite being due to go on holiday the next day.  Sofia Leal was none too pleased about that.

PS.  Amaral was sacked.

Sacked after the perjury case I mean so he couldn't volunteer for this one.... plus his superior doesn't need to take him up on his offer to investigate.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #607 on: June 14, 2020, 11:46:15 AM »
Sacked after the perjury case I mean so he couldn't volunteer for this one.... plus his superior doesn't need to take him up on his offer to investigate.

Exactly.  Lack of professionalism all round.  The whole Investigation was a mess from start to finish.  Mainly due to Amaral.

Offline Anthro

« Reply #608 on: June 14, 2020, 12:30:46 PM »

and he looks nothing like the tanner photo fit either...

April 2007: He [Brückner] moves out of a farmhouse and into a campervan now linked to the crime. The farmhouse is cleaned and a bag of wigs and 'exotic clothes' is found.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8394855/Christian-Brueckner-linked-FOURTH-unsolved-case.html
« Last Edit: June 14, 2020, 12:35:47 PM by Anthro »

Offline jassi

« Reply #609 on: June 14, 2020, 12:38:30 PM »
April 2007: He [Brückner] moves out of a farmhouse and into a campervan now linked to the crime. The farmhouse is cleaned and a bag of wigs and 'exotic clothes' is found.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8394855/Christian-Brueckner-linked-FOURTH-unsolved-case.html

Is that supposed to be incriminating ?

He had girlfriends - maybe they liked to indulge in a little dressing up  8(0(*
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #610 on: June 14, 2020, 12:51:55 PM »

I think you need to read up on the timeline of this case. Amaral had retired from the PJ long before the Cipriano case came to court and he wasn’t sacked, he was taken off of the case. It’s a subtle but important difference.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #611 on: June 14, 2020, 01:10:26 PM »
Is that supposed to be incriminating ?

He had girlfriends - maybe they liked to indulge in a little dressing up  8(0(*

A close cropped blonde man could look entirely different if wearing a dark wig or even one with dreadlocks.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline jassi

« Reply #612 on: June 14, 2020, 01:18:00 PM »
A close cropped blonde man could look entirely different if wearing a dark wig or even one with dreadlocks.

Of course, but it's all speculation with no substance
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #613 on: June 14, 2020, 01:45:39 PM »

Or wearing stacked shoes, or makeup made to look like a horrendous scar or....or....or.......but there’s no evidence of any of them.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #614 on: June 14, 2020, 01:48:11 PM »
Of course, but it's all speculation with no substance

No it is not speculation.  Unless you think a man with a close cropped blonde head would look exactly the same when wearing a dark coloured wig.
I know he would look different particularly in a poor light.  The effect could be quite startling if the blonde was deeply tanned.