Author Topic: Goncalo Amaral.  (Read 406937 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: Goncalo Amaral.
« Reply #2760 on: August 10, 2020, 12:16:48 PM »
what do you understand by intelligence....

For the same reason petermac who is supposed to be  a retired senior police officer and many others still dont understand their significance. Then we have poulton...Brown...and of course pou like clowns...amaral

I do agree that Sandra Felguieras did indeed show an incredible amount of naivety in her dealings with Goncalo Amaral.

She trusted him implicitly ... despite the fact that she knew very well he was breaking Portuguese law by using her as a conduit to leak information harmful to the McCanns and ultimately Madeleine.

She trusted Amaral to the extent that she believed every leaked piece of information given to her and she had no qualms about revealing them all into the public domain.

The difference was Amaral was spreading lies and disinformation; little wonder she was appalled when she found out how her trust had been abused.
She won't ever make that mistake again and I think it is a lesson which should be considered by other Portuguese or even Aussie journalist who imagine they are benefiting from Amaral's patronage.  It is my opinion Amaral's wants and needs have always been paramount particularly in relation to his influence in prematurely shutting down the search for Madeleine as he followed the dead end of pursuing her parents.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #2761 on: August 10, 2020, 12:37:24 PM »
I do agree that Sandra Felguieras did indeed show an incredible amount of naivety in her dealings with Goncalo Amaral.

She trusted him implicitly ... despite the fact that she knew very well he was breaking Portuguese law by using her as a conduit to leak information harmful to the McCanns and ultimately Madeleine.

She trusted Amaral to the extent that she believed every leaked piece of information given to her and she had no qualms about revealing them all into the public domain.

The difference was Amaral was spreading lies and disinformation; little wonder she was appalled when she found out how her trust had been abused.
She won't ever make that mistake again and I think it is a lesson which should be considered by other Portuguese or even Aussie journalist who imagine they are benefiting from Amaral's patronage.  It is my opinion Amaral's wants and needs have always been paramount particularly in relation to his influence in prematurely shutting down the search for Madeleine as he followed the dead end of pursuing her parents.

All very interesting but unless she is the most appalling journalist who ever lived she must have known that she had not been told the truth about the forensics before she harangued the parents during the ‘dogs’ interview....15 months after the release of the files. There is no way around that.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 01:58:41 PM by Brietta »
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #2762 on: August 10, 2020, 12:37:47 PM »

I feel quite sorry for her.  Portugal had long been brainwashed by the likes of Amaral and lived in fear of speaking out because nasty things could happen to them.

Now, she at least has the power of The Internet to protect her.  But no doubt she was shocked rigid at the time.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2763 on: August 10, 2020, 12:41:46 PM »

All very interesting but unless she is the most appalling journalist who ever lived she must have known that she had not been told the truth about the forensics before she harangued the parents during the ‘dogs’ interview....15 months after the release of the files. There is no way around that.

all your opinion....she trusted amaral to be honourable and competent...imo...he wasnt ..imo
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 02:00:05 PM by Brietta »

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #2764 on: August 10, 2020, 12:44:12 PM »
all your opinion....she trusted amaral to be honourable and competent...imo...he wasnt ..imo

And now she appears to be looking at The Cipriano Affair again.

Offline The General

« Reply #2765 on: August 10, 2020, 01:01:38 PM »
And now she appears to be looking at The Cipriano Affair again.
I mean, again, I really hope this is true. I'd prefer a real investigative journalist on the case, but she'll do.
The concern is, if she's willing to turn Jane Fonda for a few 'mouth on a stick' interviews, how can we trust her impartiality?
But if a thorough job is done she will find why Leonor did a stretch in the jug - not nearly long enough though.

Edit: maybe she could start by looking at who employed and paid for Leonor's appeal lawyer - and why.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 01:05:22 PM by The General »
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2766 on: August 10, 2020, 01:29:11 PM »
I mean, again, I really hope this is true. I'd prefer a real investigative journalist on the case, but she'll do.
The concern is, if she's willing to turn Jane Fonda for a few 'mouth on a stick' interviews, how can we trust her impartiality?
But if a thorough job is done she will find why Leonor did a stretch in the jug - not nearly long enough though.

Edit: maybe she could start by looking at who employed and paid for Leonor's appeal lawyer - and why.

I think we would all like to see the Cipriano case looked at again. Problem is...there was a Portuguese poster here who seemed quite knowledgeable. He said ther had never been a successful appeal in Portugal...that has to be because their system is just perfect...or they simply don't admit to them

Offline The General

« Reply #2767 on: August 10, 2020, 01:36:02 PM »
I think we would all like to see the Cipriano case looked at again. Problem is...there was a Portuguese poster here who seemed quite knowledgeable. He said ther had never been a successful appeal in Portugal...that has to be because their system is just perfect...or they simply don't admit to them
....or some of the appeals are being argued by incompetent marionettes?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2768 on: August 10, 2020, 01:38:42 PM »
....or some of the appeals are being argued by incompetent marionettes?

I find it odd but he claimed there were no successful appeals...ciprianos conviction should have gone to the ECHR..unfair trial... torture
« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 02:00:09 PM by Davel »

Offline The General

« Reply #2769 on: August 10, 2020, 02:03:31 PM »
I find it odd but he claimed there were no successful appeals...ciprianos conviction should have gone to the ECHR..unfair trial... torture
Well, as we know, they're two very succinct concepts - unfair trial and guilt.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #2770 on: August 10, 2020, 02:07:08 PM »
Well, as we know, they're two very succinct concepts - unfair trial and guilt.

There is also Total Lack of Forensics.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2771 on: August 10, 2020, 02:14:00 PM »
I feel quite sorry for her.  Portugal had long been brainwashed by the likes of Amaral and lived in fear of speaking out because nasty things could happen to them.

Now, she at least has the power of The Internet to protect her.  But no doubt she was shocked rigid at the time.

Even at this remove I think it was very courageous for her to use the Netflix opportunity to set the record straight when she branded Amaral a liar and made absolutely no bones about it.

She was also very very astute in choosing her moment and choosing it well using a vehicle which she knew for certain was going to resonate worldwide and all without the slightest ambiguity of affirming that Amaral was not and is not the credible persona he should have been and is, as some still try to pretend.

I think his cover has been blown to a world audience and I think that the chinks in his armour will sooner rather than later dawn on the Portuguese people he used journalists like Sandra Felguieras to brainwash.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #2772 on: August 10, 2020, 02:21:59 PM »
Even at this remove I think it was very courageous for her to use the Netflix opportunity to set the record straight when she branded Amaral a liar and made absolutely no bones about it.

She was also very very astute in choosing her moment and choosing it well using a vehicle which she knew for certain was going to resonate worldwide and all without the slightest ambiguity of affirming that Amaral was not and is not the credible persona he should have been and is, as some still try to pretend.

I think his cover has been blown to a world audience and I think that the chinks in his armour will sooner rather than later dawn on the Portuguese people he used journalists like Sandra Felguieras to brainwash.

In fact it is all looking good for Portugal in The 21st Century, due to a brave woman who admitted that she had been duped.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2773 on: August 10, 2020, 02:42:14 PM »

I wonder why Amaral hasn't sued her for slander, for libel and for not believing all the things in the Bible (aka "The Truth of the Lie (sic)"
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2774 on: August 10, 2020, 02:45:26 PM »
In fact it is all looking good for Portugal in The 21st Century, due to a brave woman who admitted that she had been duped.

I really do think she took a monumental risk.  A personal as well as a professional one.  At the time of the Netflix broadcasts it was still just the same old, same old with the fora myth continuing to be propagated along the lines of Scotland Yard using their time there profitably only as far as working on their tans was concerned.

Now we know for certain they were and are working their wee cotton socks off on Madeleine's case.

I couldn't possibly say who that shows up for complete idiots but it sure ain't Felguieras or Scotland Yard ... in my opinion