Author Topic: Goncalo Amaral.  (Read 406933 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Goncalo Amaral.
« Reply #3120 on: August 20, 2020, 06:53:17 PM »
I think it's fairly certain that her trial would have been ruled unfair based on the torture if it had been referred to the ECHR

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #3121 on: August 20, 2020, 07:07:43 PM »
Is that.correct?
She did actually say he was one of her assailants.
I believed he took no part in her beatings but lied to cover up those who did.

From the Portugal Resident:

‘Leonor Cipriano is accusing police of torture and beatings during interrogations into the case surrounding her daughter Joana.

She was later sentenced to 16 years imprisonment for the murder of her daughter, although no body has ever been found in the case.

Five members of the police have been accused by Leonor Cipriano, including Goncalo Amaral.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline The General

« Reply #3122 on: August 20, 2020, 07:08:12 PM »
Snip
When Leonor was invited to identify her aggressors by an investigating magistrate in Évora in 2006, she was only able to identify one official who was present and did nothing to prevent the abuses, possibly because she had had a bag over her head for long periods, or due to the time that had passed, or because not all her torturers were among the six officers placed before her. https://www.statewatch.org/news/2008/may/portugal-report-on-torture-suffered-by-leonor-cipriano/

Amaral was one of the two who left a paper trail and were convicted as a result. 

They tortured Leonor Cipriano for two days unsurprisingly resulting in her severe injury.  I'll guarantee there is not one person posting here who would not eventually have agreed to whatever they wanted said probably long before Leonor had to give in.

The pain endured in her knees must have been indescribable.

Snip
Two glass ashtrays were placed on the floor, and Leonor was forced to kneel on them, without being allowed to get up until she confessed. She showed Correia the scars on her knees, still visible four years later.  https://www.statewatch.org/news/2008/may/portugal-report-on-torture-suffered-by-leonor-cipriano/
It's all lies.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3123 on: August 20, 2020, 07:10:38 PM »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3124 on: August 20, 2020, 07:12:44 PM »
From the Portugal Resident:

‘Leonor Cipriano is accusing police of torture and beatings during interrogations into the case surrounding her daughter Joana.

She was later sentenced to 16 years imprisonment for the murder of her daughter, although no body has ever been found in the case.

Five members of the police have been accused by Leonor Cipriano, including Goncalo Amaral.
It's no wonder you get things wrong if you rely on this paper for your information. As  I recall Cipriano claimed Amaral was present...not that he took part in the beating

Offline The General

« Reply #3125 on: August 20, 2020, 07:19:54 PM »
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Anthro

« Reply #3126 on: August 20, 2020, 07:22:42 PM »
Interesting that one of the accused is Cristovao ... who I believe got off with the others because Leonore Cipriano had no idea which men were taking turns to beat her ... very likely as a result of the bag over her head.

If memory serves me well her sentence was extended as a result despite the court finding that she had been tortured.
Portuguese justice at it's best no doubt.
The one who strongly resembles witness accounts at 10h00 on 3/5/07. Only my opinion.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3127 on: August 20, 2020, 07:25:55 PM »
It's all lies.
I guess the prison director was lying too then?

Correia then spoke to Odemira prison director Ana Maria Calado, who confirmed Leonor Cipriano's account, noting how shocked she was about her conditions, with black marks, haematomae and bruising in her face, mainly around her eyes, her head and ribs, mainly on her sides. She assured that the physical marks clearly indicated a violent aggression and not a fall down some stairs, something the legal-medical report also confirmed. She noted that Cipriano's conditions worsened a week after she was tortured, as the blood that had gathered at the height of her brows was so much that it ended up falling over her eyes, leaving her practically blind for almost a month, and the director regrets not having ordered photographs of this period to be taken. She also said that relations between Cipriano and the prison guards and other prisoners were good, and that she did not believe that she had attempted suicide
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3128 on: August 20, 2020, 07:31:07 PM »
I would have thought Statewatch would be an organisation that human rights activists  like Faithlilly would have utmost respect for.   Seems human rights abuses are only interesting to some if they are committed by UK, US or Israeli governments.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3129 on: August 20, 2020, 07:35:51 PM »
Yep.
The verdict is he opinion of the court but not proof of absolute guilt..that is a fact

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3130 on: August 20, 2020, 09:07:05 PM »
It's no wonder you get things wrong if you rely on this paper for your information. As  I recall Cipriano claimed Amaral was present...not that he took part in the beating

She was unable to say who had participated in her beating ... she couldn't see because they had put a bag over her head.

You know, the more I say that, the more I realise just how wickedly these brutes violated her.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #3131 on: August 20, 2020, 10:53:46 PM »

Then, as ever, you’re wrong.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #3132 on: August 20, 2020, 10:55:32 PM »
The one who strongly resembles witness accounts at 10h00 on 3/5/07. Only my opinion.

Dear oh dear oh dear.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #3133 on: August 20, 2020, 11:00:26 PM »
She was unable to say who had participated in her beating ... she couldn't see because they had put a bag over her head.

You know, the more I say that, the more I realise just how wickedly these brutes violated her.

It wouldn’t take a genius to find out who was on duty in the police station that night.

Offline carlymichelle

« Reply #3134 on: August 20, 2020, 11:01:32 PM »
Then, as ever, you’re wrong.

people on here have  said amaral  also beat   her when he didnt