Author Topic: Goncalo Amaral.  (Read 406939 times)

Offline Eleanor

Re: Goncalo Amaral.
« Reply #3975 on: October 18, 2021, 05:11:16 PM »
LOL, look at you with your inside track.

Not much LOL actually.  But there you go.  The World is full of idiots who think they know.

Offline jassi

« Reply #3976 on: October 18, 2021, 05:14:16 PM »
Not much LOL actually.  But there you go.  The World is full of idiots who think they know.

Mirror mirror on the wall   @)(++(*
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline barrier

« Reply #3977 on: October 18, 2021, 05:28:27 PM »

Pinkerton's assorted colours.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3978 on: October 18, 2021, 05:28:37 PM »

You think?  Sorry, that doesn't work for me.

Offline jassi

« Reply #3979 on: October 18, 2021, 05:45:27 PM »
You think?  Sorry, that doesn't work for me.

You mean you see nothing when you look in the mirror ?

Not even a pot or a kettle ?
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3980 on: October 18, 2021, 05:56:37 PM »
Perhaps this will help the ill-informed conspiracists of the forum (though it’s likely to fall on blind eyes I realise…)

Main duties

A British consulate will:

register births and deaths;
handle child abduction cases;
issue passports, including in an emergency;
deal with forced marriages;
help Britons who are detained or imprisoned;
help Britons who have fallen ill;
help Britons who are the victims of crime;
inform British nationals of any risks posed by visiting a country.
https://www.inbrief.co.uk/immigration-law/embassy/

While definitely within the job description of the British Consulate, dashing from Lisbon to Praia da Luz seems to be outside the duties of the British Ambassador.

Ambassador Duties and Responsibilities
Meet with Foreign Leaders. One of the primary duties of an ambassador is meeting directly with foreign leaders and representatives. ...
Negotiate Agreements and Treaties. ...
Monitor International Situations. ...
Direct Foreign Service Staff. ...
Oversee Foreign Aid Projects. ...
Support Foreign Visits.
https://www.jobhero.com/job-description/examples/marketing/ambassador
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3981 on: October 18, 2021, 06:09:29 PM »
You mean you see nothing when you look in the mirror ?

Not even a pot or a kettle ?

Why would I want to do that?  The Pot and The Kettle are looking fine.  But I don't think they want to speak each other.

The Mirror? Ah well that's a fine thing.  I have one glorious mirror that makes me look as I think it should so I only ever look in that one.  Mirrors are funny things.  You get what you are looking for.  I can only hope that your mirror is kind to you.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3982 on: October 18, 2021, 06:15:10 PM »
While definitely within the job description of the British Consulate, dashing from Lisbon to Praia da Luz seems to be outside the duties of the British Ambassador.

Meet with Foreign Leaders. One of the primary duties of an ambassador is meeting directly with foreign leaders and representatives. ...
Support Foreign Visits.

And never support a Brit abroad.  Good heavens, why should he.  Dump any Brit in distress.

Offline jassi

« Reply #3983 on: October 18, 2021, 06:18:51 PM »
And never support a Brit abroad.  Good heavens, why should he.  Dump any Brit in distress.

No, that's the function of the local Consul.

An Ambassador works at a much higher level.

It's like suggesting that Dame Cressida should personalty patrol the streets.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2021, 06:24:26 PM by jassi »

Or maybe not -

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3984 on: October 18, 2021, 06:20:08 PM »

Support Foreign Visits.
Oh right, so if a British national begs a British ambassador for assistance then he or she must respond “it’s not in my 6 point job description to meet with you face to face to offer assistance” right?

« Last Edit: October 18, 2021, 06:22:35 PM by Vertigo Swirl »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3985 on: October 18, 2021, 06:23:24 PM »
No, that's the function of the local Consul.

An Ambassador works at a much higher level.
It was the weekend, perhaps he tied it in with a round of golf and some windsurfing on the Algarve.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3986 on: October 18, 2021, 06:39:45 PM »
It was the weekend, perhaps he tied it in with a round of golf and some windsurfing on the Algarve.

Oh God, do try not to make me laugh.  British Ambassadors are definitely not there to support the British Passport Holders.  So what the Fock are they supposed to be doing?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3987 on: October 18, 2021, 07:15:42 PM »
Oh God, do try not to make me laugh.  British Ambassadors are definitely not there to support the British Passport Holders.  So what the Fock are they supposed to be doing?
You see what actually happened was Gerry phoned the amabassador when he was on his way back from the bin and said “Oi Buck, got myself in a bit of bother, you’d better get your sorry arse down to PdL pronto and help me and the missus  or I’ll spill the beans about you and the donkey and don’t forget I have photo evidence”.  And that’s the real reason why the ambassador dropped everything to help the McCanns. 

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3988 on: October 18, 2021, 07:20:09 PM »
Oh right, so if a British national begs a British ambassador for assistance then he or she must respond “it’s not in my 6 point job description to meet with you face to face to offer assistance” right?

Do you think he answers the phone at the Embassy? I don't. Therefore it's highly unlikely that anyone begged him for assistance. It was the job of the British Consul in the Algarve to assist the McCanns, and that's normally where the Ambassador's staff would have directed anyone pleading for help imo.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3989 on: October 18, 2021, 07:23:49 PM »
Do you think he answers the phone at the Embassy? I don't. Therefore it's highly unlikely that anyone begged him for assistance. It was the job of the British Consul in the Algarve to assist the McCanns, and that's normally where the Ambassador's staff would have directed anyone pleading for help imo.
So what do you think is the real reason for his visit, eh?  Do give us the benefit of your insight.