Author Topic: A look at the Bain family murders which occurred in Dunedin NZ in 1994.  (Read 61459 times)

Offline John

Re: A look at the Bain family murders which occurred in Dunedin NZ in 1994.
« Reply #135 on: August 21, 2017, 10:54:09 AM »
... and didn't notice any blood on clothes left in the laundry basket, but left fingerprints on the side of the Hoover toploader and blood on the washing powder container sitting on the shelf above. Furthermore, he claimed that he separated whites from coloureds, yet when police hung them out to dry they were all in the same wash.

The laundry/washroom showing Hoover toploader with laundry basket in front, and shelf with "Will Power" washing powder which had a blood stain on it...

So how did DB explain the fresh blood stain on the washing powder container and the washing machine if he had set the wash BEFORE the murders were committed?
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #136 on: August 21, 2017, 12:22:59 PM »
So how did DB explain the fresh blood stain on the washing powder container and the washing machine if he had set the wash BEFORE the murders were committed?

According to police officers the laundry room (containing washing powder container, dirty laundry and washing machine) was dimly lit.  Apparently one officer asked for the light to be turned on only to be told it was!  All the Bain children were given a long list of chores and one of David's included the laundry.  He claims he finished his paper round and put the washing on as was normal practice.  The washing included the bloody green sweater said to have been worn by the perp which was blood stained from the fight with SB.   DB claims he handled the sweather by removing it from the laundry bin and placed it in the machine.  He then reached for the washing powder and touched the machine transferring blood to both from the sweater.  I think that's about it.  Samson will put me right. 

I find it difficult to say anything positive about the Bain parents.  MB wasn't working and her children were of an age when they were largely independant.  It appears she spent much of the day in bed.  Did she suffer depression/mental illness or was she just lazy/selfish?  Why did DB and the other children have a long list of chores when they were all students and MB appears to have done sfa all day?  The only child not living at home visited the weekend before the murders.  Surely most mothers in MB's position ie not working would prepare meals for the weekend and yet it seems DB and LB went out for fish and chips on the Sun eve.  Perhaps explains MB's weight problem.

Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #137 on: August 21, 2017, 12:30:20 PM »
Samson your post #133 and IB's response:

IB:
Yes it does. Thats a good question as to why would DB not dispose of it - why wouldn’t he change his clothes? If he was guilty, the fact of the matter is that he could wear DB’s gloves, David could not wear Robins gloves. Clearly there was something at work here, to shift the blame, on to David.
David as you know exonerates his father, says if he couldn’t imagine that his father would have done this, although the implication is obvious that if the father did NOT do it - then David did it.
But there are all kinds of suspicious circumstances working against Robin as there are working against David. The suicide note on the computer…

Blimey IB seems to be suggesting RB may have worn the gloves to shift the blame if I've interpreted that correctly?  It wouldn't surprise me as I find the Bain parents a seriously dysfuctional couple.
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Myster

« Reply #138 on: August 21, 2017, 01:17:00 PM »
Robin was usually up at 6:30 in the mornings, the time set by his alarm clock, but on this particular Monday the defence theory was that he rose earlier to carry out the murders soon after David had left, then put on fresh clothes and placed his blood-stained ones in the laundry basket ready for his son to wash on his return at around 6:40.  Hence David had nothing to explain, other than that blood was transferred without him noticing.

But seriously, is anyone expected to believe that Robin Bain changed into another pair of old track suit bottoms and a ragged pullover, just in case St Peter asked some searching questions about blood on his clothes when he showed up at the Pearly Gates?   He'd already turned the rest of Bain mansions into a bloodbath, so why worry about a few more spilled drops of his own in the lounge?

Have you listened to these two revealing extracts in which David Bain ran rings around Ian Binnie with evasive answers about Stephen's blood on his clothes and Laniet's gurgling?

https://interactives.stuff.co.nz/blackhands/the-binnie-tapes/
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Myster

« Reply #139 on: August 21, 2017, 01:29:09 PM »
According to police officers the laundry room (containing washing powder container, dirty laundry and washing machine) was dimly lit.  Apparently one officer asked for the light to be turned on only to be told it was!  All the Bain children were given a long list of chores and one of David's included the laundry.  He claims he finished his paper round and put the washing on as was normal practice.  The washing included the bloody green sweater said to have been worn by the perp which was blood stained from the fight with SB.   DB claims he handled the sweather by removing it from the laundry bin and placed it in the machine.  He then reached for the washing powder and touched the machine transferring blood to both from the sweater.  I think that's about it.  Samson will put me right. 

I find it difficult to say anything positive about the Bain parents.  MB wasn't working and her children were of an age when they were largely independant.  It appears she spent much of the day in bed.  Did she suffer depression/mental illness or was she just lazy/selfish?  Why did DB and the other children have a long list of chores when they were all students and MB appears to have done sfa all day?  The only child not living at home visited the weekend before the murders.  Surely most mothers in MB's position ie not working would prepare meals for the weekend and yet it seems DB and LB went out for fish and chips on the Sun eve.  Perhaps explains MB's weight problem.
The children were given chores, but according to the state of their rooms they were never or rarely carried out, except for David's room which seemed to be the tidiest of the lot.

MB had already cooked some fish in the microwave, DB and LB only went to buy chips.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #140 on: August 21, 2017, 01:36:21 PM »
Robin was usually up at 6:30 in the mornings, the time set by his alarm clock, but on this particular Monday the defence theory was that he rose earlier to carry out the murders soon after David had left, then put on fresh clothes and placed his blood-stained ones in the laundry basket ready for his son to wash on his return at around 6:40.  Hence David had nothing to explain, other than that blood was transferred without him noticing.

But seriously, is anyone expected to believe that Robin Bain changed into another pair of old track suit bottoms and a ragged pullover, just in case St Peter asked some searching questions about blood on his clothes when he showed up at the Pearly Gates?   He'd already turned the rest of Bain mansions into a bloodbath, so why worry about a few more spilled drops of his own in the lounge?

Have you listened to these two revealing extracts in which David Bain ran rings around Ian Binnie with evasive answers about Stephen's blood on his clothes and Laniet's gurgling?

6.32am actually  8((()*/  Why 6.32am?

You're forgetting RB was a "strong Presbyterian".  Islamic terrorists often shave off all head and body hair before committing terrorist atrocities and suicide in preparation to meet their maker.  Mind you RB didn't bother scrubbing up his nails unless what we see in soc images is ingrained dirt.  Pity the police/forensics didn't analyse scrapings from under his fingernails. 

Thank God I'm an Atheist and can slope off in a bit of distressed denim complete with hairy legs.   8)-))) 

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #141 on: August 21, 2017, 01:47:20 PM »
The children were given chores, but according to the state of their rooms they were never or rarely carried out, except for David's room which seemed to be the tidiest of the lot.

MB had already cooked some fish in the microwave, DB and LB only went to buy chips.

LB didn't live at home.  SB's room appears to have been a general family dumping ground.  Given MB wasn't working and the children were out all day was there anything preventing her from cleaning and tidying up?  What exactly did she do all day?  Others pointed out she was very overweight.  99.9% of those who are overweight do too little exercise and put too much food in their mouths.  Aka gluttony.  Forget all the excuses about medical conditions, menopause etc.  Calories and kilojoules.  Input and output.

Offline Myster

« Reply #142 on: August 21, 2017, 01:52:20 PM »
6.32am actually  8((()*/  Why 6.32am?

You're forgetting RB was a "strong Presbyterian".  Islamic terrorists often shave off all head and body hair before committing terrorist atrocities and suicide in preparation to meet their maker.  Mind you RB didn't bother scrubbing up his nails unless what we see in soc images is ingrained dirt.  Pity the police/forensics didn't analyse scrapings from under his fingernails. 

Thank God I'm an Atheist and can slope off in a bit of distressed denim complete with hairy legs.   8)-)))
Not surprising about ingrained dirt after cleaning out their guttering... a mucky job.  Some men are not all that fastidious.

Offline Myster

« Reply #143 on: August 21, 2017, 01:58:46 PM »
LB didn't live at home.  SB's room appears to have been a general family dumping ground.  Given MB wasn't working and the children were out all day was there anything preventing her from cleaning and tidying up?  What exactly did she do all day?  Others pointed out she was very overweight.  99.9% of those who are overweight do too little exercise and put too much food in their mouths.  Aka gluttony.  Forget all the excuses about medical conditions, menopause etc.  Calories and kilojoules.  Input and output.
Writing up her diary and bottling shelf loads of fruit, most of which seemed to be blown, when she wasn't studying for a course she was enrolled on,

Offline John

« Reply #144 on: August 21, 2017, 02:05:52 PM »

I'm slowly getting to grips with this case thanks to those who have posted some excellent references so far.   I must say that I have changed my mind several times as to who was the murderer such are the contradictions.  A couple of things stand out though and point to DB.

* Getting up early to kill your family is unusual.
* The blood stained green jumper.
* DB's bloody print on the washing machine.
* DB's bloodstained gloves found under Stephen's bed.
* DB insisting the sister who lived away be home that weekend.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline John

« Reply #145 on: August 21, 2017, 02:10:29 PM »

Margaret Bain obviously had a severe mental illness combined with acute depression.  Was the wretched woman receiving any medical support?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 02:49:12 PM by John »

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #146 on: August 21, 2017, 02:12:48 PM »
Writing up her diary and bottling shelf loads of fruit, most of which seemed to be blown, when she wasn't studying for a course she was enrolled on,

On I forgot she did prepare her own medicines cosisting of urine and phlegm! 

She thought she had a direct line to God and apparently sought her advice over the simplest of decisions eg what to put on the shopping list so I guess this took up much of her time.

What course was she enrolled on?

After the family met with the psychologist in PNG a whole team of therapists was recommended to sort out the family's problems.  I wonder why the Bains didn't act on the advice?

Frankly I'm amazed DB seems so 'normal'. 

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #147 on: August 21, 2017, 02:21:07 PM »
Margaret Bain obviously had a severe mental illness combined with acute depression.  Was the wretched woman receiving any medical support?

A psychologist interviewed each member of the family whilst they were in PNG.  She described both parents as pathologically dysfuntional and recommended a whole team of therapists but sadly this doesn't seem to have happened.  According to the psychologist MB talked non-stop and didn't appear to listen.  This was also pointed out by others.  The psychologist described RB as being devoid of emotion.

Offline Myster

« Reply #148 on: August 21, 2017, 02:29:14 PM »
On I forgot she did prepare her own medicines cosisting of urine and phlegm! 

She thought she had a direct line to God and apparently sought her advice over the simplest of decisions eg what to put on the shopping list so I guess this took up much of her time.

What course was she enrolled on?

After the family met with the psychologist in PNG a whole team of therapists was recommended to sort out the family's problems.  I wonder why the Bains didn't act on the advice?

Frankly I'm amazed DB seems so 'normal'.

Something about "SC & Bursary exams" according to a diary entry, although I read elsewhere that she was studying on a course.

Offline Myster

« Reply #149 on: August 21, 2017, 02:46:35 PM »
I'm slowly getting to grips with this case thanks to those who have posted some excellent references so far.   I must say that I have changed my mind several times as to who was the murderer such are the contradictions.  A couple of things stand out though and point to DB.

* Getting up early to kill your family is unusual.
* The blood stained green jumper.
* DB's bloody print on the washing machine.
* DB's bloodstained gloves found under Stephen's bed.
* DB insisting the sister who lived away be home that weekend.

Arawa's/Robin's green woollen jumper might also have been worn by David, as it was baggy despite what has been said about his bigger build and he was skinnier in '94 than he is now. The jumper is thought to have brushed against door jambs of Stephen's and Arawa's bedrooms leaving them heavily bloodstained...