Author Topic: Won't be long now - BREXIT Day > 31 January 2020  (Read 18887 times)

Offline John

Re: Won't be long now - BREXIT Day > 31 January 2020
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2019, 11:47:11 PM »
I don't believe they have. @)(++(*
The "losers"have obviously voiced their opinion, hence the result in the General Election.

If I recall the numbers correctly, the SNP manage to consistently garner some 40% of the electorate which in anyone's book is not a majority of the population. I think any further referendum is many years away despite the wee crankie lookalike's protestations.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2019, 11:50:08 PM »
If I recall the numbers correctly, the SNP manage to consistently garner some 40% of the electorate which in anyone's book is not a majority of the population. I think any further referendum is many years away despite the wee crankie lookalike's protestations.
You could say the same about the Tories.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Erngath

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2019, 11:57:14 PM »

I believe their vote at this election was 48% of the Scottish electorate as opposed to Boris being elected by 43%.of the UK electorate.
Your reference to "the wee krankie" does you no favour at all!
It does sniff of desperation.
You really cannot deny the result of the election.
1 labour MP, four LD MP, 6 Conservative MP and 48 SNP MP.!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2019, 11:59:43 PM by Erngath »
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2019, 12:22:37 AM »

I think the majority of Scots are reviewing the situation as a result of the election and I don't think it is so much what the result was in Scotland but more what it was in England.

I don't know how long it will take to review the situation but I think the debate is no longer about independence more about survival.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2019, 10:31:49 AM »
I believe their vote at this election was 48% of the Scottish electorate as opposed to Boris being elected by 43%.of the UK electorate.

I think any future referendum on Scottish Independence should include the whole of the UK. In my opinion the result would be a resounding 'Yes!!!'
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline John

« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2019, 02:56:17 PM »

I can see Scotland plunging headlong into a financial crisis some years down the line if independence ever become a reality and this time it won't have the UK and the Bank of England to bail it out.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline John

« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2019, 03:01:12 PM »
I think any future referendum on Scottish Independence should include the whole of the UK. In my opinion the result would be a resounding 'Yes!!!'

It must not be forgotten that a million or more first and second generation Scots live and work outside the country and have no vote on independence.  Given that there are only 4 million registered electors in Scotland, that is a sizeable number of ethnic Scots who are now deprived of a vote in their home country.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2019, 03:04:55 PM by John »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2019, 03:24:17 PM »
It must not be forgotten that a million or more first and second generation Scots live and work outside the country and have no vote on independence.  Given that there are only 4 million registered electors in Scotland, that is a sizeable number of ethnic Scots who are now deprived of a vote in their home country.

Who have deprived themselves of a vote in their home country, surely, just as anyone does who emigrates?
Result = happy posting.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2019, 04:19:49 PM »
I can see Scotland plunging headlong into a financial crisis some years down the line if independence ever become a reality and this time it won't have the UK and the Bank of England to bail it out.

Would you put your trust in Boris's integrity about anything?  I reckon people might consider that if we are going to go down with all our banners flying we will have a soft landing because England will be there before us.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2019, 04:24:10 PM »
Who have deprived themselves of a vote in their home country, surely, just as anyone does who emigrates?

The Tories under Thatcher gave ex pats living abroad voting rights in UK elections sometime in the 80's.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2019, 04:45:48 PM »
The Tories under Thatcher gave ex pats living abroad voting rights in UK elections sometime in the 80's.

It was the Scottish Government which stopped Scottish ex-pats from voting in their Independence referendum. Scottish ex-pats can vote in the United Kingdom's elections just like every other ex-pat.
http://eprints.lse.ac.uk/63345/1/democraticaudit.com-Scots%20living%20overseas%20or%20elsewhere%20in%20the%20UK%20should%20have%20been%20given%20the%20right%20to%20vote%20in%20the%20independ.pdf
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2019, 05:11:29 PM »
Why do you think that?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2019, 05:38:01 PM »
Why do you think that?

I think people might be heartily sick of the wingeing, to be honest.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2019, 05:43:17 PM »
It was the Scottish Government which stopped Scottish ex-pats from voting in their Independence referendum. Scottish ex-pats can vote in the United Kingdom's elections just like every other ex-pat.
http://eprints.lse.ac.uk/63345/1/democraticaudit.com-Scots%20living%20overseas%20or%20elsewhere%20in%20the%20UK%20should%20have%20been%20given%20the%20right%20to%20vote%20in%20the%20independ.pdf

It goes without saying that citizens of the United Kingdom are entitled to vote in whichever area of the country they live and where they are registered to vote.

You are wrong that it was the Scottish Government which prevented ex-pats from voting in the referendum. 
The UK government also vetoed the proposal.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2019, 06:46:49 PM »
It goes without saying that citizens of the United Kingdom are entitled to vote in whichever area of the country they live and where they are registered to vote.

You are wrong that it was the Scottish Government which prevented ex-pats from voting in the referendum. 
The UK government also vetoed the proposal.

I provided a cite as per forum rules.
Result = happy posting.