Author Topic: Dog Alerts- Evidence or not?  (Read 170799 times)

Offline pathfinder73

Re: Dog Alerts- Evidence or not?
« Reply #150 on: January 10, 2020, 01:42:39 PM »
If that's the argument against specially trained dogs then it is really pathetic! These dogs are trained for one thing only in their life! To do their job right and are tested - the best do it every day. The dogs in this case don't alert over 10 times to a pig that doesn't exist! Of course the police think it's all related to the missing person and why so much time and resources have been spent on this case! SY bringing the dogs back to Luz was a clear message to naysayers!
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Lace

« Reply #151 on: January 10, 2020, 01:49:29 PM »
Enhanced was after training with human remains,not hard to understand.

Eddie was trained using pig cadaver,   sorry a dog can't be trained again with something else,  how would the dog know to use the smell of human cadaver and not pig that he was trained on?

Offline Lace

« Reply #152 on: January 10, 2020, 01:50:47 PM »
If that's the argument against specially trained dogs then it is really pathetic! These dogs are trained for one thing only in their life! To do their job right and are tested - the best do it every day. The dogs in this case don't alert over 10 times to a pig that doesn't exist! Of course the police think it's all related to the missing person and why so much time and resources have been spent on this case! SY bringing the dogs back to Luz was a clear message to naysayers!

Eddie could have been alerting to blood that had been on something and then taken away.   Other families stayed in 5a after the McCann's.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 02:41:02 PM by Brietta »

Offline Lace

« Reply #153 on: January 10, 2020, 01:52:27 PM »
No it doesn't. Eddie demonstrated his competence and once again, your opinion is irrelevant.

Yes it does,  Grime has stated a dog trained on pig cannot be classed as a cadaver dog are you saying he is lying?

My opinion is as relevant as yours.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #154 on: January 10, 2020, 01:59:36 PM »
It may be irrelevant to you. I think it's a feather in the cap of the UK that one of their police dog trainers/handlers was so highly thought of by the FBI.

You think?  Martin Grime knew he wasn't going to be able to make a living in UK after The Jersey Debacle.  I wonder what The FBI thought of that?

Offline Icanhandlethetruth

« Reply #155 on: January 10, 2020, 02:01:27 PM »
I Have a question I have wondered about.
UK dogs are trained on piglets as the scent is so similar to human and is proved by the fact that many human bodies have been found by them
If the scent is so similar do US dogs have the ability to react to decomposing pig flesh also.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #156 on: January 10, 2020, 02:04:06 PM »
UK dogs are trained on piglets as the scent is so similar to human and is proved by the fact that many human bodies have been found by them
If the scent is so similar do US dogs have the ability to react to decomposing pig flesh also.

A test was done, by Grime I do believe.  All of the American dogs reacted to Pig Cadaver Scent.

« Reply #157 on: January 10, 2020, 02:07:53 PM »
A test was done, by Grime I do believe.  All of the American dogs reacted to Pig Cadaver Scent.

So does that mean both UK and US dogs had the same level of competency in the field. ie both would react to the same types of scent. Surely that means any denigration of the UK dogs is unfounded.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 02:22:01 PM by Icanhandlethetruth »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #158 on: January 10, 2020, 02:10:48 PM »

How many bodies have the dogs found... Again you say many... In his while career I believe eddie found 2

« Reply #159 on: January 10, 2020, 02:11:38 PM »
How many bodies have the dogs found... Again you say many... In his while career I believe eddie found 2

Again one is enough.

« Reply #160 on: January 10, 2020, 02:13:04 PM »

And I wasn't specifying 1 particular dog. I was talking about all UK trained dogs.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #161 on: January 10, 2020, 02:28:31 PM »
And I wasn't specifying 1 particular dog. I was talking about all UK trained dogs.
Could you provide a cite for many bodies

« Reply #162 on: January 10, 2020, 02:32:36 PM »
Could you provide a cite for many bodies

OK I have no idea how many bodies have been found by UK dogs. You gave me a figure of 2 for Eddie so lets use that. All of the UK dogs that have ever been employed in search for human remains have found at least 2 bodies. Happy.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #163 on: January 10, 2020, 02:38:06 PM »
OK I have no idea how many bodies have been found by UK dogs. You gave me a figure of 2 for Eddie so lets use that. All of the UK dogs that have ever been employed in search for human remains have found at least 2 bodies. Happy.
Happy... Is another personal comment... Try and post within the rules... I'm merely keeping to the facts...

Offline Brietta

« Reply #164 on: January 10, 2020, 02:38:31 PM »

There is no argument against specially trained K9s but there is a definite argument to be made about those who are past their prime or who never really had a prime to begin with.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....