Author Topic: Dog Alerts- Evidence or not?  (Read 170822 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Dog Alerts- Evidence or not?
« Reply #420 on: January 13, 2020, 10:11:00 AM »
As dogs can smell things that humans can't, it's possible that dogs can detect the scent immediately.

Didn't you read the cite you asked for

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #421 on: January 13, 2020, 10:35:19 AM »
It is only at the later stages of decomposition that the compounds in a rotting pig emits a gas that smells like the gas of a human cadaver also in the later stages of decomposition.   Therefore Eddie didn't scent cadaver in 5a as no way if Madeleine had died in 5a would she have been in the later stages of decomposition before removed from 5a.

Not necessarily. It was only in the later stages that scientists were able to isolate certain compounds that the cadavers have in common. Obviously dogs have alerted to places from which relatively fresh cadavers were removed. How about Suzanne Pilley?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #422 on: January 13, 2020, 10:37:24 AM »
Not necessarily. It was only in the later stages that scientists were able to isolate certain compounds that the cadavers have in common. Obviously dogs have alerted to places from which relatively fresh cadavers were removed. How about Suzanne Pilley?

Oh dear... Prof Cassesella questioned the validity if the alerts

Offline Lace

« Reply #423 on: January 13, 2020, 11:12:04 AM »
As dogs can smell things that humans can't, it's possible that dogs can detect the scent immediately.

Eddie wouldn't have as Eddie was trained on dead pig.    Don't tell me that Eddie could miraculously be changed from detecting dead pig to suddenly be able to detect a human cadaver,  the only way that would happen is if the human cadaver is in the final stages of decomposition.

Offline The General

« Reply #424 on: January 13, 2020, 11:17:22 AM »
Did he though? He confirms that they're widely used (Ep7 - 06.30), confirms that they're alerting to whatever it is their trained to alert to (07.47), then accepts that a conclusion must be drawn (08.42), where they are to be trusted or is the dog 'having a bad day'.
At no point does he question their validity - he suggests the enforcing authority must draw that conclusion. But bear in mind, they had reason to bring them in the first instance, then they do indeed provide an 'alert' in the place they suspect, in this case all parties - police, procurator fiscal, prosecution, judge and jury all drew their conclusions independently, as John suggested they do. Et petit pois, bonjour.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #425 on: January 13, 2020, 11:18:38 AM »

There are people who question the validity of dog alerts and people who support their validity. It must be a source of annoyance in my opinion that forensic scientists can't explain how these dogs do it.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #426 on: January 13, 2020, 11:23:11 AM »
There are people who question the validity of dog alerts and people who support their validity. It must be a source of annoyance in my opinion that forensic scientists can't explain how these dogs do it.
I think you are in total denial.... It's the experts.. Prof Cassella... Mark Harrison... Martin Grime ...who have questioned the validity of the alerts

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #427 on: January 13, 2020, 12:49:55 PM »
Eddie wouldn't have as Eddie was trained on dead pig.    Don't tell me that Eddie could miraculously be changed from detecting dead pig to suddenly be able to detect a human cadaver,  the only way that would happen is if the human cadaver is in the final stages of decomposition.

More nonsense because all cadaver dogs alert to pig cadaver. If you think SY murder team are investigating a missing pig then dream on.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Lace

« Reply #428 on: January 13, 2020, 03:18:24 PM »
More nonsense because all cadaver dogs alert to pig cadaver. If you think SY murder team are investigating a missing pig then dream on.

All cadaver dogs alert to pig cadaver only in the last stages of decomposition.    Madeleine if she had died in 5a wouldn't have been left on the floor until she was in the last stages of decomposition.

Offline The General

« Reply #429 on: January 13, 2020, 03:36:17 PM »

All cadaver dogs alert to pig cadaver only in the last stages of decomposition.    Madeleine if she had died in 5a wouldn't have been left on the floor until she was in the last stages of decomposition.
So the dogs must have alerted to........the rotting carcasses of pigs - only in 5a apartment.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #430 on: January 13, 2020, 03:54:44 PM »
So the dogs must have alerted to........the rotting carcasses of pigs - only in 5a apartment.

No, Eddie just wanted his tea,behind the sofa, in the closet, in the hire care & on some clothes.

He wasn't hungry anywhere else.

The GNR's sniffer dogs on the other hand, they are infallible, they're the ones you should have total faith in.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #431 on: January 13, 2020, 04:13:21 PM »

It's much simpler than that... It seems the dogs alert when called back three times....

Offline The General

« Reply #432 on: January 13, 2020, 04:35:25 PM »
It's much simpler than that... It seems the dogs alert when called back three times....
So are you suggesting that Martin Grime is a fraud?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #433 on: January 13, 2020, 04:49:08 PM »
So are you suggesting that Martin Grime is a fraud?
Absolutely  not I think I understand exactly why he did it

Offline The General

« Reply #434 on: January 13, 2020, 05:09:37 PM »
Absolutely  not I think I understand exactly why he did it
I don't think he did do it. I think you're exaggerating.