Author Topic: Dog Alerts- Evidence or not?  (Read 169142 times)

Offline barrier

Re: Dog Alerts- Evidence or not?
« Reply #195 on: January 10, 2020, 05:02:11 PM »
How many pigs are missing from 5a?

Too busy looking for Madeleine to have counted them.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #196 on: January 10, 2020, 05:03:58 PM »
So the dogs must have had some kind of provenance to be brought in.I suspect I'm right in saying at the time the PJ never had such like,so some one recommended Grime and Harrison from the British side.

i think it was more to see what the dogs could provide...according to the following it was  arelativley new process..

In 2005 it was realised that detection canines may be of assistance to the law enforcement investigation of homicide and allegations of abduction where the pace of investigations is of paramount importance. Innovative method and ‘out of the box thinking by the UK National Search Manager introduced Human Scent Trailing, Human Blood Detection and Victim Recovery Dogs (now collectively designated as Forensic Canines) within critical case investigations to ascertain whether or not they could provide case intelligence.

looks like it was in its infancy

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #197 on: January 10, 2020, 05:04:01 PM »
How many pigs are missing from 5a?
How many trolls does it take to change the subject?  There was tv footage shown recently of a UK police cadaver dog barking its head off on a search for human remains and its handler dismissing the alert because the dog had found a dead bird.  Was it a pig with wings, or are cadaver dogs prone to barking whenever they smell something a bit whiffy?  The handler rewarded the dog for its false alert too.   
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #198 on: January 10, 2020, 05:04:47 PM »
Thats a question for Grime,I'm pointing out the enhanced comes from being trained on human cadaver,unless someone can come up with another reason to being a EVRD as opposed to being a VRD.
The term appears only ever to have been used by Grime about his own dog.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #199 on: January 10, 2020, 05:06:27 PM »
How many trolls does it take to change the subject?  There was tv footage shown recently of a UK police cadaver dog barking its head off on a search for human remains and its handler dismissing the alert because the dog had found a dead bird.  Was it a pig with wings, or are cadaver dogs prone to barking whenever they smell something a bit whiffy?  The handler rewarded the dog for its false alert too.

What programme was that?
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline barrier

« Reply #200 on: January 10, 2020, 05:08:10 PM »
Makes one wonder what was said in the press conference @ 18:13 on the 19/03/2014 the Guardian reports

Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood admitted that what they have uncovered means Madeleine might not have left the apartment alive.

later on the same day at 21:03

However, Redwood did say during the same press conference that police were considering the possibility that Madeleine was not alive when taken from the apartment as well as the possibility that she was.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/mar/19/madeleine-mccann-breakthrough-attacks-family

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/mar/19/madeleine-mccann-police-intruder-girls-algarve

So unless OG actually went into 5a and there's no evidence they did apart from the dogs what else have they used?
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #201 on: January 10, 2020, 05:08:52 PM »
What programme was that?
I can’t remember, someone else will know.  It was in the last year and discussed on here.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #202 on: January 10, 2020, 05:10:15 PM »
Makes one wonder what was said in the press conference @ 18:13 on the 19/03/2014 the Guardian reports

Detective Chief Inspector Andy Redwood admitted that what they have uncovered means Madeleine might not have left the apartment alive.

later on the same day at 21:03

However, Redwood did say during the same press conference that police were considering the possibility that Madeleine was not alive when taken from the apartment as well as the possibility that she was.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/mar/19/madeleine-mccann-breakthrough-attacks-family

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/mar/19/madeleine-mccann-police-intruder-girls-algarve

So unless OG actually went into 5a and there's no evidence they did apart from the dogs what else have they used?

Simple logic

Offline barrier

« Reply #203 on: January 10, 2020, 05:10:33 PM »
The term appears only ever to have been used by Grime about his own dog.

That is why I said its a question for Grime.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #204 on: January 10, 2020, 05:10:50 PM »

Executive Member

Bitter, Jaundiced, Semi-Intelligible.
View Profile  Personal Message (Offline)

Re: What evidence would confirm a cadaver dog alert?
« Reply #395 on: June 22, 2019, 05:47:31 PM »
QuoteModify
Watch this clever cadaver dog at 26 minutes in, with his handler

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0005ywg/murder-case-series-1-2-the-search-for-julie-reilly

Alerts to the presence of a dead body

Only one little problem...

Offline barrier

« Reply #205 on: January 10, 2020, 05:11:31 PM »

Offline Icanhandlethetruth

« Reply #206 on: January 10, 2020, 05:14:01 PM »
Any judge worth their salt would surely have to rule uncorroborated dog alerts as inadmissable.  I can’t see how they could possibly be considered evidence as there is no proof of what the dog alerted to.  It’s akin to witch drowning IMO.

I don't 100% disagree with your view. However we should also realise it not just a case of a couple of doddery old judges who have made bad decisions, the absolute right to admit such evidence to a trial is not specifically precluded in the way something like polygraph tests are. So obviously at the current time the whole judiciary doesn't see it as a problem.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #207 on: January 10, 2020, 05:16:08 PM »
Just did.

https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MARTIN_GRIMES.htm

That date in August 2007 is the date of the Portuguese Search Report.

Where does it say that Eddie was taken to America while Martin Grime was still employed by The UK Police?  And prior to August 2007.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #208 on: January 10, 2020, 05:18:47 PM »
Tells him what,
That death in the apt is an option

Offline barrier

« Reply #209 on: January 10, 2020, 05:23:06 PM »
That date in August 2007 is the date of the Portuguese Search Report.

Where does it say that Eddie was taken to America while Martin Grime was still employed by The UK Police?  And prior to August 2007.

Why would it say after? the report is about the search is it not,why would there be a need to embellish it with tales thereafter?