Author Topic: Dog Alerts- Evidence or not?  (Read 168811 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Dog Alerts- Evidence or not?
« Reply #675 on: February 29, 2020, 03:58:15 PM »
How accurate are they,oh they're pretty much on top of it,99% of the time.

https://www.fox23.com/news/cadaver-dogs-help-with-search-human-remains-rogers-county/PVHIKGJRYXOSP3PG2CKPBUL4XA/

I presume you are saying they will identify cadaver ...if it's present. ...to an accuracy of 99%.

What happens if it's not present and what other substances will the dog alert to

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #676 on: March 01, 2020, 02:31:17 PM »
I presume you are saying they will identify cadaver ...if it's present. ...to an accuracy of 99%.

What happens if it's not present and what other substances will the dog alert to
You should know the answer to this by now.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #677 on: March 01, 2020, 02:42:32 PM »
You should know the answer to this by now.

No one seems to know the answer...they might think they do

Offline Brietta

« Reply #678 on: March 01, 2020, 04:02:18 PM »
No one seems to know the answer...they might think they do
Apparently 'dogs don't lie' ... the problem is they don't communicate in English and neither do we speak Dog.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #679 on: March 01, 2020, 04:16:02 PM »
Apparently 'dogs don't lie' ... the problem is they don't communicate in English and neither do we speak Dog.

I take it you don't have a dog.

My dog communicates in perfect English.

And yes I speak Dog.

&^^&*
What's up, old man?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #680 on: March 01, 2020, 05:42:33 PM »
What a coincidence!  My cat is fluent in Portuguese and English and he told me he could have done a better job at translating those files.  It might be an idle boast though, he is a bit up himself.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #681 on: March 01, 2020, 06:39:19 PM »
I've got a German shepherd...I'm sure he can speak English but he refuses...he insists I speak German

Offline Brietta

« Reply #682 on: March 01, 2020, 06:53:25 PM »

And yes I speak Dog.

&^^&*

You know I have a dog ... there have always been dogs in my family ... and I know it is a fallacy that 'dogs don't lie'.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #683 on: March 01, 2020, 06:53:55 PM »
I've got a German shepherd...I'm sure he can speak English but he refuses...he insists I speak German
German Shepard = Deutscher Schäferhund in Germany.  Did he tell you that?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #684 on: March 01, 2020, 07:19:52 PM »
You know I have a dog ... there have always been dogs in my family ... and I know it is a fallacy that 'dogs don't lie'.

Nope.  I don't have enough lifetime left to track which forum members have which kind of pets.

I do have a 4 year old grandson.  So I speak to him in 4 year old.

KISS

My doggie is mithering me to say he wants din-dins.  Maybe my dog speaks to me more than yours did to you.
What's up, old man?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #685 on: March 01, 2020, 07:50:58 PM »
Nope.  I don't have enough lifetime left to track which forum members have which kind of pets.

I do have a 4 year old grandson.  So I speak to him in 4 year old.

KISS

My doggie is mithering me to say he wants din-dins.  Maybe my dog speaks to me more than yours did to you.

Obviously my powers of recall are superior to yours as I can clearly remember your reply to my post regarding my little cadaver dog.
I agree, certainly not worth looking for - except I was pleasantly surprised that your reply was couched in reasonable terms and minus what I find are the expected acerbic put downs to my posts; which I found extraordinary and quite refreshing.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #686 on: March 02, 2020, 02:27:04 AM »

And yes I speak Dog.

&^^&*
e

You have got to be nuts.  My dogs never speak anything at all.  But then I never needed them to do so.  I have always known anyway.

All of my dogs could have found a dead body if there ever was one.

Offline barrier

« Reply #687 on: March 02, 2020, 08:54:40 AM »
e

You have got to be nuts.  My dogs never speak anything at all.  But then I never needed them to do so.  I have always known anyway.

All of my dogs could have found a dead body if there ever was one.

Where? in the McCann case seeing as its the McCann board?
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #688 on: March 02, 2020, 03:42:11 PM »
Obviously my powers of recall are superior to yours as I can clearly remember your reply to my post regarding my little cadaver dog.
I agree, certainly not worth looking for - except I was pleasantly surprised that your reply was couched in reasonable terms and minus what I find are the expected acerbic put downs to my posts; which I found extraordinary and quite refreshing.

To reiterate "Nope.  I don't have enough lifetime left to track which forum members have which kind of pets."

We could pass each other whilst dog-walking and I wouldn't be able to tell you apart from Eve.

And a month down the line I will have forgotten that you have a dog.

It's all to do with Simple Minds.
What's up, old man?

Offline Lace

« Reply #689 on: March 03, 2020, 10:43:43 AM »

I don't know why the keep showing these video's of cadaver dogs alerting to the smell of cadaver,  that is what they are trained to alert to unlike Eddie who was trained with pig.   Any dog will find a decomposing body,  the whole idea of cadaver dogs is that they will alert to the body instead of digging it up and damaging the evidence.

The problem is with Eddie having been trained on pig decomposing flesh,  he will only alert when the flesh is in its last stages of decomposition as this is the time when a pig will give off the same gas as a human cadaver.

Eddie wouldn't have been alerting to cadaver scent in 5a as there is no way Madeleine would have been left to decompose to the state that Eddie would alert to.