Author Topic: Why do women marry prisoners?  (Read 6337 times)

Offline Claudia

Why do women marry prisoners?
« on: September 28, 2012, 09:01:47 PM »
What attracts women to marrying someone who is incarcerated?

It is not easy to determine why any women would want to marry someone who is incarcerated for life or waiting on death row. Some say it is a thrill for the women, while others compare the fascination with that of a celebrity obsession. This article will lay out some of the theories of why women seek out love behind bars.

http://voices.yahoo.com/why-women-marry-prisoners-188317.html

BB

Re: Why do women marry prisoners?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 09:04:45 PM »
What attracts women to marrying someone who is incarcerated?

It is not easy to determine why any women would want to marry someone who is incarcerated for life or waiting on death row. Some say it is a thrill for the women, while others compare the fascination with that of a celebrity obsession. This article will lay out some of the theories of why women seek out love behind bars.

http://voices.yahoo.com/why-women-marry-prisoners-188317.html

It depends if they have anything else in their lives I guess Claudia

Offline Tim Invictus

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 03:42:53 AM »
I think many of these women love to martyr themselves and although they might not realise it their husbands are just where they want them to be! Steph believes she is Princess Fiona and when Simon Shrek gets out of the castle dungeon they are both going to live happy ever after in Ipswich's enchanted swamp! I don't think so!

Secretly though she doesn't want her 'gorgeous hubby' released. What possible reason could she find for getting out of her pit each afternoon then? She knows Simon will then see the real Steph and just like the film will be gone in 60 seconds.

It really is a sad, sad tale. And it couldn't happen to a 'nicer' girl!

8(>((

Offline Joanne

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2012, 07:46:46 AM »
I can understand it if they'd been together (any couple) before one of them goes to prison but not when they weren't an item to start with. Especially when it's a potetial life sentance but I've seen quite a lot of documentaries in which women have done the same as Steph, I think it's a pretty common occurance.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2012, 08:35:41 AM »
I can understand it if they'd been together (any couple) before one of them goes to prison but not when they weren't an item to start with. Especially when it's a potetial life sentance but I've seen quite a lot of documentaries in which women have done the same as Steph, I think it's a pretty common occurance.

You should read the Karen Torley - Kenny Richie goings on and then you will be really confused by it all.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Joanne

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2012, 10:05:36 AM »
Its not looking good for Mr Richey is it? Not that I'm sympathetic towards him. I think some women like 'complicated' men or are naive  @)(++(*

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2012, 10:30:15 AM »
Its not looking good for Mr Richey is it? Not that I'm sympathetic towards him. I think some women like 'complicated' men or are naive  @)(++(*

He's a thug Joanne. In my opinion he should never have been released in the first place by the US authorities. Karen Torley should be ashamed of herself but then again that Glasgow troll isn't much better.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Tim Invictus

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2012, 12:53:06 AM »
Killers really do get the women supporters they deserve!!!  @)(++(*

Offline John

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2012, 09:17:48 AM »

There are some very interesting articles on-line on this subject and why women marry convicted killers many of whom especially in the USA will never be released.  Personally I think these women must have mental health issues.  What do you think Tim?
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline puglove

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2012, 09:21:59 AM »

There are some very interesting articles on-line on this subject and why women marry convicted killers many of whom especially in the USA will never be released.  Personally I think these women must have mental health issues.  What do you think Tim?

I believe that's what is known as a "leading question" John!
Jeremy Bamber kicked Mike Tesko in the fanny.

Offline Andrea

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2012, 09:26:06 AM »
Looks have something to do with it, sad isnt it.

Stefan Kiszco was genuinley innocent, where were all these women then? Was it because he wasnt " good looking"?
They didnt feel he was worth campaigning for? Its shallow.

Offline Tim Invictus

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2012, 09:58:35 AM »
Having their beau locked up and unable to cheat or leave them is exactly what some of these women want and need. Ask yourself, would Simon Hall ever have married Frizzbomb if he wasn't a convicted murderer doing a life sentence? Simon Hall is a good looking young lad whereas Hall is a tubby, recluse who had reached 40 without marriage, kids or a career.

Jackie Preece is another middle aged singleton of the same ilk. According to a very reliable source on a looks scale of 1 to 10 she is a minus 3!! A real bag of spanners! No man would want either of these old maids so they look to convicted killers who they can be 'loyal' to and thereby act like normal women who just happen to have their man in prison!

They both know deep inside that Bamber and Simon Hall won't be seen for dust if they do ever get freed. This little desperate charade allows these old maids to feel wanted for once in their miserable lives!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 10:07:37 AM by Tim Invictus »

Padgates staff

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2012, 10:18:57 AM »
I beg to differ Tim, he isn't good looking but it's one of those 'each to their own'.
I can't find any conclusive reasons as to why people marry prison inmates, some of which are strangers to each other. Perhaps they think they're going to get that person out and want the adulation of it or something.
The only reasonable quote I could find that mad sense is-:
"Generally women who marry prisoners they really don't know tend to be shy, have low self-esteem, consider themselves to be outsiders, have been victims of abuse, and they hunger for an emotional relationship."

http://marriage.about.com/od/prisonmarriage/Prison_Marriage.htm

Padgates staff

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2012, 10:21:50 AM »
Although this article isn't bad either-:
Reasons Why a Woman Would Marry a Prisoner She Doesn't Really Know

Although there are many reasons why women marry prisoners they really don't know, the statistics of such a marriage lasting long term once they are together on the outside are slim. These unions rarely succeed. There is usually a lot of conflict, including verbal and physical violence.
Generally women who marry prisoners that they met through the mail or on their job while the guy was already in jail tend to be shy, have low self-esteem, consider themselves to be outsiders, have been victims of abuse, and they hunger for an emotional relationship.
Reasons Why Women Marry Prisoners They Really Don't Know

•Identification with aggressive personality

•Rescue fantasies

•An act of compassion

•A way of showing sympathy for a political cause or for an outcast

•A way to be the center of attention and in the limelight

•Fills need to be needed and to feel important

•A desire for danger or thrills

•Out of a sense of rebellion

•As a ticket to citizenship

•Fills void caused by failure of, disappointment in, or lack of romantic relationships

•Allows marriage and motherhood without having to deal with a husband everyday
There isn't much that you can say to this friend of yours to get her to change her mind. We recommend that she attend some pre-marital counseling sessions.

Hopefully, some of the hoops and paperwork that prison marriages require will slow down the wedding process and she will realize that she is making a mistake.

http://marriage.about.com/od/questionsanswers/a/prisonmarriage_2.htm

Offline Tim Invictus

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2012, 10:53:44 AM »
I beg to differ Tim, he isn't good looking but it's one of those 'each to their own'.
I can't find any conclusive reasons as to why people marry prison inmates, some of which are strangers to each other. Perhaps they think they're going to get that person out and want the adulation of it or something.
The only reasonable quote I could find that mad sense is-:
"Generally women who marry prisoners they really don't know tend to be shy, have low self-esteem, consider themselves to be outsiders, have been victims of abuse, and they hunger for an emotional relationship."

http://marriage.about.com/od/prisonmarriage/Prison_Marriage.htm

I don't see much difference Padgate from what we have been saying above. When you boil it down we are all talking of various definitions of the word desperate!
 8-)(--)