Author Topic: Carole Anne Packman Disappearance 1985  (Read 3472 times)

Offline Litd Lou

Carole Anne Packman Disappearance 1985
« on: September 25, 2016, 03:22:54 PM »
Hi guys

I am writing a case study and review of the Carole Packman disappearance in 1985. As I am sure many of you will know it was recently brought back to public attention by the ITV show The Investigator and left me with lots of unanswered questions.
I have read a report by Bob Woffinden where he highlights many of the failings of the show and mentions things such as Russell Causley having been at least partly convicted on the word of other convicted criminals from prison

Does anyone have an opinion on this case that they would discuss here on the forum or via e-mail??

Offline John

Re: Carole Anne Packman Disappearance 1985
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2016, 03:48:50 PM »
Hi guys

I am writing a case study and review of the Carole Packman disappearance in 1985. As I am sure many of you will know it was recently brought back to public attention by the ITV show The Investigator and left me with lots of unanswered questions.
I have read a report by Bob Woffinden where he highlights many of the failings of the show and mentions things such as Russell Causley having been at least partly convicted on the word of other convicted criminals from prison

Does anyone have an opinion on this case that they would discuss here on the forum or via e-mail??

Welcome to the forum Litd.  A confession is always a reasonable indicator of culpability and taken with means, motive and opportunity can usually take a case in the right direction.  The only unanswered question would appear to be what really happened to Carole Packman?
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline misty

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2016, 12:16:54 AM »
Hi guys

Hi Litd & welcome to the forum.
I knew nothing about the Carole Packman case until I watched the 4 episodes of the MWT investigation. Having serioulsy followed the Madeleine McCann case for the last few years, about which MWT also produced a documentary, I was interested to see how he approached the disappearance of Carole. The main failure I noted was he omitted to use cadaver dogs in either the family home or the garden, despite the suspicions of death followed by cremation.
The report by Bob Woffinden (accessed on another site & relating to other cases in a new book) touched on some of the anomolies uncovered & disregarded.
It would be interesting to hear the extent of your research. Do you, for example, have copies of court transcripts from any of the cases involving Russell & Patricia?

Offline Joanne

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 07:56:10 PM »
There was another programme way before the MWT one, it was on a cable channel where Sam revealed her father's disgusting behaviour and how violent he was, my Mum compared it to the case of Carol Park. I'm sure the Dad killed the Mum and the girlfriend knew, it was such a strange set up.

Offline AerialHunter

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2016, 02:23:59 PM »
Another ex cop carrying on the game of "Hide it, Lose it", after he retired. Should have given that up the day he left his last station, by the way mate (seems to be the standard form of address towards members of the public these days) none of your "mates" looked to see if you went left or right as you went out the gate, so forget it, put it behind you, move on, dont waste your entire life doing something you're no good at.
There is none so noble or in receipt of his fellows unbridled adulation as that police officer who willingly deceives to protect one of his own kind and, by virtue of birthright, extends that privilege to his family.

Offline Litd Lou

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2016, 09:18:16 PM »
Hi Litd & welcome to the forum.
I knew nothing about the Carole Packman case until I watched the 4 episodes of the MWT investigation. Having serioulsy followed the Madeleine McCann case for the last few years, about which MWT also produced a documentary, I was interested to see how he approached the disappearance of Carole. The main failure I noted was he omitted to use cadaver dogs in either the family home or the garden, despite the suspicions of death followed by cremation.
The report by Bob Woffinden (accessed on another site & relating to other cases in a new book) touched on some of the anomolies uncovered & disregarded.
It would be interesting to hear the extent of your research. Do you, for example, have copies of court transcripts from any of the cases involving Russell & Patricia?

Thanks for the welcome

I agree on the dogs point though I think there may have been issues with the burning thing due to the whole garden having been subject to a major re-landscaping a few years ago
I too concur with many of the points raised by Bob Woffinden I am interested in every point of the case, though I don't think any real reliable evidence could be gleaned from MWT's four part programme

I have read all of the court transcripts relating to the case yes, but of course there has to date been no charges in relation to Carole's disappearance pressed upon Patricia Causley and I don't think there will be to be honest
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 12:01:07 PM by John »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2018, 03:15:03 PM »
Hi guys

You might want to check out journalist David Rose's Twitter account
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2020, 04:31:59 PM »
Neil: “So, remember that 6 page confessional letter we partially showed on ITV in #TheInvestigator here it is for you all to read. 2014 it was written (typed date is wrong). does this sound like the mind of a rehabilitated murderer?”

https://mobile.twitter.com/justice4Carole/status/1226940997441130497

The Criminal Cases Review Commission has failed by Bob Woffinden Nov 2010

“When it was set up in 1997, the Criminal Cases Review Commission was an experiment.

“Thirdly, there is the case of Russell Causley, whose case was referred to appeal in 2001. His conviction was quashed at appeal, but the court ordered a retrial and Causley was reconvicted. So he will be sitting in his cell today, still convicted of the same crime that he once persuaded the CCRC to reopen, wondering just how the CCRC can count him as one of its "successes".

https://amp.theguardian.com/commentisfree/libertycentral/2010/nov/30/criminal-cases-review-commission-failed
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 04:35:31 PM by Nicholas »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation