Author Topic: The murder of Sadie Hartley and the media coverage  (Read 1090 times)

jixy

The murder of Sadie Hartley and the media coverage
« on: November 20, 2016, 08:54:22 AM »
Just reading the papers this morning and came across this story.

How much media coverage should be given to someone who wants to appeal their sentence whether they have solid grounds or not?

I cannot imagine being a member of the family, opening a paper and having to deal with all this. Does anyone speak to the family first or do they just run with the story?  8(8-))

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/sadie-hartleys-twisted-killer-launches-9295106

Offline John

Re: The murder of Sadie Hartley and the media coverage
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2016, 01:03:30 PM »
Just reading the papers this morning and came across this story.

How much media coverage should be given to someone who wants to appeal their sentence whether they have solid grounds or not?

I cannot imagine being a member of the family, opening a paper and having to deal with all this. Does anyone speak to the family first or do they just run with the story?  8(8-))

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/sadie-hartleys-twisted-killer-launches-9295106

Personally, I don't think appeals should be given oxygen until they are determined one way or another.  They are a gravy train for many lawyers and have little to do with justice.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

jixy

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2016, 01:06:25 PM »
I agree and the grief and upset to families is totally unfair. There are always vultures who will swoop at any chance of making money out of misery

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2016, 10:56:39 PM »
Some journalists can be quite ruthless.

I don't know if any of you have seen "Amanda Knox" on Netflix ???  They interview a British journalist called Nick Pisa. I thought his attitude was appalling:  anything for a good "story"!!