Author Topic: Why now?  (Read 29868 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Why now?
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2020, 08:11:53 AM »
The appeals back in the day generated a good response too! What quality info has the recent appeal generated?
It’s only been 24 hours FGS, how is anyone supposed to answer that just now?!
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2020, 08:15:26 AM »
It doesn't ring true imo.

A guy in the area with, we are told, a very dodgy past.  He supposedly made/received a tel call in the area some 2 hours before MM went missing.  Why is this surprising when he lived in the area?  And supposedly told a friend in a bar he knew what happened when MM appeared on TV. A bit like me and others thinking they know what happened then.  Oh and he re-registered his car to a.n.other but was still driving around in it.  Could be loads of reasons for doing this.  If it incriminated him then why not abandon or torch it?

None of it makes sense.
You’re covering up a fair bit with your “dodgy past” comment.  The man sexually abused little girls.  He also meticulously planned and executed the brutal rape and torture of a woman in Praia da Luz less than two years before Madeleine disappeared.  He was definitely in the area the night Madeleine went missing and he re-registered his car thr very next day.  But none of this makes any sense to you?  Well let me tell you that nothing about your theory makes any sense to me (or any body else on this forum).
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2020, 08:25:50 AM »
Sour grapes indeed, just because everyone else thinks your suspect is pure fantasy.

Everyone?

A Sky report out Wed referred to a second lesser known theory that was "sensitive".  What was all that about? 
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2020, 08:31:33 AM »
Everyone?

A Sky report out Wed referred to a second lesser known theory that was "sensitive".  What was all that about?

Here’s the suspect’s “dodgy past” you glossed over in your summary

History of a sex offender
1992 Commits first known break-in.
1994 Given a two-year youth sentence for the sexual abuse of a child.
2005 He rapes and robs a 72-year-old American woman in Praia da Luz, Portugal.
May 3, 2007 He is in the resort on the night that Madeleine McCann vanishes. The next day he changes the ownership of his Jaguar to a different name.
2011 Found guilty in his absence of drug trafficking in Niebull, Germany, and sentenced to 21 months in prison.
2016 Jailed for abusing a girl and child abuse images offences.
2017 Extradited to Braunschweig. Jailed for 15 months for sexually abusing a child.
December 2019 Convicted of the 2005 rape and jailed for seven years.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2020, 08:32:48 AM »
You’re covering up a fair bit with your “dodgy past” comment.  The man sexually abused little girls.  He also meticulously planned and executed the brutal rape and torture of a woman in Praia da Luz less than two years before Madeleine disappeared.  He was definitely in the area the night Madeleine went missing and he re-registered his car thr very next day.  But none of this makes any sense to you?  Well let me tell you that nothing about your theory makes any sense to me (or any body else on this forum).

You chose to omit the word very.

Please find the press reports relating to his past crimes.

The American woman was known to him in that she lived up the lane from him.

How would he know MM was home alone in the unsecured apartment? 
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2020, 08:33:13 AM »
Everyone?

You’re the only person I’ve heard referencing this comment - do you have a link to the report?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2020, 08:34:39 AM »

Whether or not he knew she was home alone is entirely irrelevant IMO.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2020, 08:34:43 AM »
Here’s the suspect’s “dodgy past” you glossed over in your summary

History of a sex offender
1992 Commits first known break-in.
1994 Given a two-year youth sentence for the sexual abuse of a child.
2005 He rapes and robs a 72-year-old American woman in Praia da Luz, Portugal.
May 3, 2007 He is in the resort on the night that Madeleine McCann vanishes. The next day he changes the ownership of his Jaguar to a different name.
2011 Found guilty in his absence of drug trafficking in Niebull, Germany, and sentenced to 21 months in prison.
2016 Jailed for abusing a girl and child abuse images offences.
2017 Extradited to Braunschweig. Jailed for 15 months for sexually abusing a child.
December 2019 Convicted of the 2005 rape and jailed for seven years.

Again you chose to omit the word very.

Please find the press reports relating to the trials and convictions. 

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2020, 08:37:43 AM »
Whether or not he knew she was home alone is entirely irrelevant IMO.

So it was coincidence then that the only British child ever abducted from a tourist destination was home alone in an unsecured apartment? 

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2020, 08:40:07 AM »
So it was coincidence then that the only British child ever abducted from a tourist destination was home alone in an unsecured apartment?
If it was an opportunistic break in of an apartment he intended to burgle and found her unattended then yes, why not?

Offline APRIL

« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2020, 08:54:43 AM »

Knowing nothing of this case beyond the basics, if a paedophile burglar enters a house intent on burglary, and finds a greater and more tempting prize, will he leave it there, or satisfy his craving for it? Incidentally, on Breakfast News, there has just been a German journo talking. The list of past crimes from thre suspect's teenage years, is lengthy.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2020, 08:54:57 AM »
If it was an opportunistic break in of an apartment he intended to burgle and found her unattended then yes, why not?

Another coincidence then?  No one reported any burglaries the night MM went missing.  He struck lucky in that the first apartment he happened upon was unsecured and contained a home alone sleeping child.  What then he placed MM in his distinctive stand out Jag or Campervan waiting in the immediate vicinity?  The sniffer dogs didn't track outside immediate vicinity.  And you ridicule my theory.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2020, 09:01:27 AM »

Knowing nothing of this case beyond the basics, if a paedophile burglar enters a house intent on burglary, and finds a greater and more tempting prize, will he leave it there, or satisfy his craving for it? Incidentally, on Breakfast News, there has just been a German journo talking. The list of past crimes from thre suspect's teenage years, is lengthy.

Where are the original press reports about these cases? 

Offline barrier

« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2020, 09:20:58 AM »
Another coincidence then?  No one reported any burglaries the night MM went missing.  He struck lucky in that the first apartment he happened upon was unsecured and contained a home alone sleeping child.  What then he placed MM in his distinctive stand out Jag or Campervan waiting in the immediate vicinity?  The sniffer dogs didn't track outside immediate vicinity.  And you ridicule my theory.

Not often we're on the same page,but I'm with you on this,any way the guy has a simple defence,Silence,Didn't do  it,or I knocked her down(woke and wandered) and dumped her body in the undergrowth,the real reason for the digs in 2014?
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2020, 09:36:53 AM »
Also, this guy isn’t going anywhere for the next six or seven years so the police are under no massive time pressure to build the case against him.  Slowly, slowly, catchee Monkey.

Guess what VS ... he is appealing on a technicality regarding his European Arrest Warrant.  If his appeal is successful he could get out.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....