Author Topic: A reasonable viewpoint  (Read 3083 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: A reasonable viewpoint
« Reply #90 on: December 16, 2021, 10:06:33 AM »
Journalists have a habit of reporting speculation as fact, which is what this example shows. There was no evidence that the men on the balcony were German speaking, but that's how a journalist chose to describe them.

Not only was this believed by those whose belief systems it supported, more speculation followed;

"Quite obviously the referral to German or Dutch speakers in the later report emanates from a witness who actually heard these two men in conversation.
The sisters SAW them."
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=12280.msg672558#msg672558

It seems two men were heard speaking in German; in an internet cafe. Were they the same men seen on the balcony? No connection was established afaik.

What on earth are you babbling on about.

There never was any suggestion that these two German or Dutch speakers were overheard by the sisters.

They SAW two blonde men acting suspiciously.

They never claim to have HEARD them - and no-one ever claimed they did.

Thanks to Misty's post we know they were OVERHEARD in an internet café in Luz.

If anyone is demonstrably getting hold of the wrong end of the stick and misinterpreting information I think you are the current prize holder.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2021, 10:27:14 AM by Brietta »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline jassi

« Reply #91 on: December 16, 2021, 10:39:41 AM »
Does any evidence link the balcony pair to the internet  cafe pair ?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #92 on: December 16, 2021, 10:58:44 AM »

Not that I know of, and that's what I was 'babbling on' about. It seems a bit of a leap to assume they were the same men. Certainly Redwood never claimed that they were.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Vertigo Swirl

« Reply #93 on: December 16, 2021, 11:29:05 AM »
Not that I know of, and that's what I was 'babbling on' about. It seems a bit of a leap to assume they were the same men. Certainly Redwood never claimed that they were.
You claimed the media reported that the two witnesses overheard two men on a balcony talikng in German, I can find no such report - perhaps you could supply the cite, or is it possible that you have invented it?
I no longer read nor reply to posts made by those posters I perceive to be WUMS and TROLLS so if you think I'm ignoring you this may be the reason.  Best wishes.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #94 on: December 16, 2021, 11:44:23 AM »

No-one EVER claimed that it did .
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #95 on: December 16, 2021, 11:46:00 AM »
You claimed the media reported that the two witnesses overheard two men on a balcony talikng in German, I can find no such report - perhaps you could supply the cite, or is it possible that you have invented it?

Did I?
Result = happy posting.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #96 on: December 16, 2021, 11:48:36 AM »
No-one EVER claimed that it did .

So there is no evidence that the men on the balcony spoke German, despite the claim by the journalist. I'm glad that's agreed.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #97 on: December 16, 2021, 11:53:16 AM »

There is only one poster assuming anything and posting deliberate misinformation - and that is you.

You introduced this thread apparently to accuse all and sundry of doing exactly what YOU are doing.

Your blindside apropos your own conduct never ceases to be an amazement.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #98 on: December 16, 2021, 12:06:45 PM »
So there is no evidence that the men on the balcony spoke German, despite the claim by the journalist. I'm glad that's agreed.

Let me put this to you very, very simply.

Witnesses SAW two men behaving suspiciously on the balcony of an empty apartment which overlooked the McCann's.

Witnesses HEARD two men in an internet café speaking in German or Dutch.

I most certainly DO NOT AGREE with whatever spin you are attaching to that information and DO NOT make such presumptions - concerning anything - on my behalf!

I presume you are not stupid therefore I can only surmise the reason you are stupidly posting deliberately false misinformation on the forum.
The only result from that is that nothing you post can be trusted.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #99 on: December 16, 2021, 01:03:03 PM »
Let me put this to you very, very simply.

Witnesses SAW two men behaving suspiciously on the balcony of an empty apartment which overlooked the McCann's.

Witnesses HEARD two men in an internet café speaking in German or Dutch.

I most certainly DO NOT AGREE with whatever spin you are attaching to that information and DO NOT make such presumptions - concerning anything - on my behalf!

I presume you are not stupid therefore I can only surmise the reason you are stupidly posting deliberately false misinformation on the forum.
The only result from that is that nothing you post can be trusted.

All I know is that there's no reason to believe that the two men on the balcony were German or Dutch. I think that statement can be trusted.
Result = happy posting.

Offline The General

« Reply #100 on: December 16, 2021, 01:08:52 PM »
People knocking about Portugal's holiday hot spots with German or Dutch accents.
Accounts for about 83.2% of the population.
Might as well narrow it down to people wearing shorts.
Peeeep! Ich sagte Stopp! Dumkopf

Offline Brietta

« Reply #101 on: December 16, 2021, 01:53:06 PM »
All I know is that there's no reason to believe that the two men on the balcony were German or Dutch. I think that statement can be trusted.

All I know is that no-one other than you has suggested such a thing and and I can think of no sound reason at all for that lie to be promoted and defended so vigorously by you..

Offline The General

« Reply #102 on: December 16, 2021, 02:10:24 PM »
Who made the statement?
Given the ubiquity of German and Dutch tourists in the Algarve, is it even relevant?
Their presence is relevant. As relevant as all other reported sightings.
Peeeep! Ich sagte Stopp! Dumkopf

Offline Vertigo Swirl

« Reply #103 on: December 16, 2021, 02:58:29 PM »
Did I?
yes you did.  Did you not earlier today write this?

"Journalists have a habit of reporting speculation as fact, which is what this example shows. There was no evidence that the men on the balcony were German speaking, but that's how a journalist chose to describe them".

I no longer read nor reply to posts made by those posters I perceive to be WUMS and TROLLS so if you think I'm ignoring you this may be the reason.  Best wishes.

Offline barrier

« Reply #104 on: December 16, 2021, 07:16:20 PM »

The link I posted on another thread talks of these men, no mention of language used.

E unum pluribus