Author Topic: Madeleine McCann case ‘to be closed’ by Met this year.  (Read 4810 times)

Offline Angelo222

Madeleine McCann case ‘to be closed’ by Met this year.
« on: April 06, 2022, 11:27:57 PM »
The Metropolitan Police has requested funding from the Home Office to keep its investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann going into the new financial year, but reports suggest that it will not remain active beyond this autumn.

The investigation, codenamed Operation Grange, has been running for almost 11 years but looks likely to wind down before the end of this year, more than 15 years after Madeleine vanished while on holiday in Portugal, The Sun reported. A source told the newspaper: “The end of the road for Operation Grange is now in sight. The team’s work is expected to be completed by autumn.”

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/met-investigation-into-madeleine-mccann-to-close-this-year-6mc5d3sff#:~:text=The%20Metropolitan%20Police%20has%20requested,remain%20active%20beyond%20this%20autumn.

They have achieved absolutely nothing just as I predicted. What an utter waste of taxpayers money!
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Madeleine McCann case ‘to be closed’ by Met this year.
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2022, 11:45:11 PM »
this news is two weeks old, we’ve already discussed its significance elsewhere., but congratulations Angelo for your amazing foresight, you must be so proud.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline The General

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2022, 07:32:11 AM »
The Metropolitan Police has requested funding from the Home Office to keep its investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann going into the new financial year, but reports suggest that it will not remain active beyond this autumn.

The investigation, codenamed Operation Grange, has been running for almost 11 years but looks likely to wind down before the end of this year, more than 15 years after Madeleine vanished while on holiday in Portugal, The Sun reported. A source told the newspaper: “The end of the road for Operation Grange is now in sight. The team’s work is expected to be completed by autumn.”

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/met-investigation-into-madeleine-mccann-to-close-this-year-6mc5d3sff#:~:text=The%20Metropolitan%20Police%20has%20requested,remain%20active%20beyond%20this%20autumn.

They have achieved absolutely nothing just as I predicted. What an utter waste of taxpayers money!
There's already a clamour for a public inquiry and not without merit.
Abhorrent abuse of power on a vanity project.
It was the poisoned chalice of a succession of SY commissioners.
The ginger stepchild foisted upon an ambivalent new spouse.
The manky keyboard inherited with a desk at a new job.
An amputee's slippers.
The 6ft blonde, Ukrainian refugee you ordered turns out to be a 93 year old farmer.
The brainchild of a manchild.
The archetypal albatross looming over an entire police force for years, casting a sinister shadow of ineptitude and cloying sycoph[ censored word]m.

Apart from that it was alright.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline barrier

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2022, 08:58:45 AM »
As an aside, the Germans say the girl is dead, when's the inquest due?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2022, 09:32:21 AM by barrier »
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2022, 09:26:40 AM »
As an aside, the Germans say the girl is dead, when's the inquest do ?
I don't think a do for an inquest would be very appropriate - the atmosphere would be dead for starters. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2022, 09:28:13 AM »
As an aside, the Germans say the girl is dead, when's the inquest do ?

Imo the Germans were unprepared for the UK press reaction. Their prosecutor was too open and has had to see every possible witness found, photographed and interrogated by the UK MSM. Not one of them has said anything which sounds like anything more than an accusation with no supporting evidence.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline barrier

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2022, 09:34:22 AM »
Imo the Germans were unprepared for the UK press reaction. Their prosecutor was too open and has had to see every possible witness found, photographed and interrogated by the UK MSM. Not one of them has said anything which sounds like anything more than an accusation with no supporting evidence.

Just been reading about what happens if a death is suspicious. This from Germany. Now the Germans have identified a perp, yet no charges ??

If a death is regarded as suspicious, the police will investigate in full. If a perpetrator is identified, they will be charged by the relevant Public Prosecutor and may be detained until the trial hearing. The time from arrest to trial can be lengthy and an average case will take between 12 and 24 months, although in some especially complicated cases this can take a period of years.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline jassi

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2022, 09:37:41 AM »
Just been reading about what happens if a death is suspicious. This from Germany. Now the Germans have identified a perp, yet no charges ??

If a death is regarded as suspicious, the police will investigate in full. If a perpetrator is identified, they will be charged by the relevant Public Prosecutor and may be detained until the trial hearing. The time from arrest to trial can be lengthy and an average case will take between 12 and 24 months, although in some especially complicated cases this can take a period of years.

It certainly is in this case.

Why is it complicated ? Maybe a lack of convincing evidence.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline barrier

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2022, 09:39:50 AM »

Yep, I'll keep repeating it, the legend is writ.

Offline barrier

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2022, 09:41:21 AM »
It certainly is in this case.

Why is it complicated ? Maybe a lack of convincing evidence.

They say from arrest, he's not even been questioned it seems.

Offline barrier

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2022, 09:45:26 AM »
I should add its from this. I picked Germany for obvious reasons.

What to do if a British person dies abroad: country-specific information
Information for British nationals in the event of a death abroad, including country-specific information on legal processes.

https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/death-abroad-bereavement-packs

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2022, 11:37:06 PM »
I should add its from this. I picked Germany for obvious reasons.

What to do if a British person dies abroad: country-specific information
Information for British nationals in the event of a death abroad, including country-specific information on legal processes.

https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/death-abroad-bereavement-packs

But Madeleine didn't die in Germany.  Or did she?

Offline barrier

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2022, 09:45:29 AM »
But Madeleine didn't die in Germany.  Or did she?

IMO the legality's are something that is hard to overcome, a Brit allegedly killed in Portugal at the hands of a German subject, where is the legal right for Wolters to declare said brit is dead and that his suspect did the deed, is there a precedent for such a thing ?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2022, 10:23:39 AM »
IMO the legality's are something that is hard to overcome, a Brit allegedly killed in Portugal at the hands of a German subject, where is the legal right for Wolters to declare said brit is dead and that his suspect did the deed, is there a precedent for such a thing ?

Recently the statute of limitations in Portugal has been discussed. I wonder if the Portuguese investigation will close when the 15 year limit is reached?
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10705051/Police-Portugal-running-time-bring-Madeleine-McCann-suspect-justice.html

The above story seems to be seeing Brueckner's alibi, allegedly found by MWT, as a fact.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline barrier

« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2022, 12:57:05 PM »
Recently the statute of limitations in Portugal has been discussed. I wonder if the Portuguese investigation will close when the 15 year limit is reached?
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10705051/Police-Portugal-running-time-bring-Madeleine-McCann-suspect-justice.html

The above story seems to be seeing Brueckner's alibi, allegedly found by MWT, as a fact.

If not charged, its a win win, OG ending, SOL  in Portugal, lack of evidence in Germany, the legend is writ CB dunnit, Madeleine who ?