Author Topic: Baby boy missing on the island of Madeira found safe and well.  (Read 46896 times)

Redblossom

Re: Baby boy missing on the island of Madeira found safe and well.
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2014, 11:19:21 AM »
Good news!

Maybe the abductor heard the mothers appeal yesterday, see video below, and left him somewhere he knew he would be found, so he wasnt either alone or unfed for three days or got there by himself..mind you you would think he would make a phone call instead of just dumping a baby where he did!

http://www.publico.pt/sociedade/noticia/amigos-da-familia-de-crianca-desaparecida-na-madeira-organizam-buscas-1620612

Eta

Of course he might have taken the boy and left him where he was found the same day, so how he survived is a miracle, but who takes a baby and just dumps them a couple kms away? For what reason?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 11:33:18 AM by Redblossom »

Offline Carana

« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2014, 11:38:34 AM »
I find it very hard to believe that a toddler who could barely walk could  travel a distance of 2 Km.

Could someone have lifted him and then had second thoughts about what they had done?

I don't see how he could have got that far on his own, either. Someone had heard / seen a car nearby, but I don't know how seriously this was taken.

According to the article above, the PJ called off the search on Monday when he wasn't found nearby, quizzed the parents (and presumably the rest of the family), and were then going to organise a broader search today.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2014, 11:45:32 AM »

The PJ haven't exactly covered themselves in glory, have they.

Offline jassi

« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2014, 11:56:11 AM »

Who knows ?
The case isn't resolved yet. The fact that the child has been found merely raises more questions.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

AnneGuedes

« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2014, 11:58:24 AM »
I don't know how seriously this was taken.
What do you mean ?

AnneGuedes

« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2014, 12:13:36 PM »
The complex irrigation system in Madeira has to be checked at regular times. The checker heard a crying at 4am. The little boy was wet and a bit cold.

Redblossom

« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2014, 12:31:33 PM »
Who knows ?
The case isn't resolved yet. The fact that the child has been found merely raises more questions.

Doesnt it just, seems like a pointless "abduction"

Lets hope police get to the bottom of it

Offline Carana

« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2014, 12:40:35 PM »
What do you mean ?

Exactly what I said. A neighbour hearing a car doesn't exactly mean much unless she was able to give more details.

Offline Carana

« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2014, 01:07:59 PM »
The complex irrigation system in Madeira has to be checked at regular times. The checker heard a crying at 4am. The little boy was wet and a bit cold.

The information seems confused at the moment.

According to this, he was found by the guy at 8.30 am.

A criança foi encontrada numa levada – um canal construído para conduzir água –, a cerca de dois quilómetros de casa, por um funcionário da represa de água, na Calheta, Madeira, por volta das 8h30 e não corre perigo de vida.
http://www.cmjornal.xl.pt/detalhe/noticias/nacional/portugal/bebe-da-madeira-encontrado-com-vida095428070

Which would make more sense if he was admitted in A&E at 9.30.
"A criança acabou de dar entrada (09h30) nas Urgências, aparentemente está bem, com sintomas de hipotermia, e está a ser avaliado pelos médicos da Pediatria", adiantou fonte da unidade de saúde.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2014, 02:06:57 PM »
The information seems confused at the moment.

According to this, he was found by the guy at 8.30 am.

A criança foi encontrada numa levada – um canal construído para conduzir água –, a cerca de dois quilómetros de casa, por um funcionário da represa de água, na Calheta, Madeira, por volta das 8h30 e não corre perigo de vida.
http://www.cmjornal.xl.pt/detalhe/noticias/nacional/portugal/bebe-da-madeira-encontrado-com-vida095428070

Which would make more sense if he was admitted in A&E at 9.30.
"A criança acabou de dar entrada (09h30) nas Urgências, aparentemente está bem, com sintomas de hipotermia, e está a ser avaliado pelos médicos da Pediatria", adiantou fonte da unidade de saúde.
The information came from an official site. The toddler was first brought to a Health Center.
Then the mother arrived and they were taken to the Hospital.
Temperature = 35 C, very slight hypothermy

Offline Carana

« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2014, 02:12:38 PM »
The information came from an official site. The toddler was first brought to a Health Center.
Then the mother arrived and they were taken to the Hospital.
Temperature = 35 C, very slight hypothermy

I'm aware of that. The question is when the canal worker found him. At 3 am? 4 am? Or at 8.30 am? The news is confusing. I find it more logical that he'd found the baby at 8.30 and he was admitted to the health centre by 9.30.

Lyall

« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2014, 02:17:56 PM »

?8)@)-)

There's always one: Just rejoice at that news 8((()*/

Offline Carana

« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2014, 02:39:25 PM »
?8)@)-)

There's always one: Just rejoice at that news 8((()*/

I'm amazed and very happy that this little boy has been found alive. Whatever happened, the main thing is that he's ok.

Lyall

« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2014, 02:40:38 PM »
I'm amazed and very happy that this little boy has been found alive. Whatever happened, the main thing is that he's ok.

8((()*/ Nice one.

AnneGuedes

« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2014, 02:41:59 PM »
Let's hope his parents are as well. No job and a request to the SS for alimonies.