Author Topic: Is DR Sandra Lean a credible source?  (Read 61744 times)

Offline Guiltyascharged

Is DR Sandra Lean a credible source?
« on: May 05, 2021, 02:54:09 PM »
We are seeing so many people quote sandra leans book as there source, the only source for facts on the case.

My question is she a credible source?

Reading these forums and other places online:

There is real question as to how long sandra really knew the mitchell family before  its claimed

Books with various misleading claims - "typos" on names, wrong info on dna and more. Its clear she is a  very active member on these support social media groups, why doesnt she correct any of the rubbish that is posted?

Its been claimed shes been seen on various forums misleading , lying, using various account names , attacking different familys?

She has a history of supporting failed campains. Some have went onto to admit guilt and some failed appeals etc etc. How many successful campains has she lead or been involved in?

Her partner at the time now ex was the name on the first website/forum to support luke mitchell and run the website from shetland and sandras home when he stayed there. It was closed, said to because of issues of the charitys accounts? Billy middleton from shetland ( google him, very shady )

Its also said online sandra said to mrs hall she had doubts over luke mitchells innocence in 2014? Simon hall is someone who sandra campained for and featured in one of her books. He later admitted his guilt

edit: i forgot to add this https://neilwilby.com/2020/06/22/dr-truthseeker-loses-her-moral-compass/

Not sure if ive missed anything, just some things ive picked up browsing.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 04:30:02 PM by Guiltyascharged »

Offline Nicholas

Re: Is DR Sandra Lean a credible source?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2021, 03:48:32 PM »
We are seeing so many people quote sandra leans book as there source, the only source for facts on the case.

There is real question as to how long sandra really knew the mitchell family before  its claimed

Books with various misleading claims - "typos" on names, wrong info on dna and more. Its clear she is a  very active member on these support social media groups, why doesnt she correct any of the rubbish that is posted?

They weren’t ‘typos’ though were they ⬇️

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=10768.msg642470#msg642470
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2021, 03:51:30 PM »

Her partner at the time now ex was the name on the first website/forum to support luke mitchell and run the website from shetland and sandras home when he stayed there. It was closed, said to because of issues of the charitys accounts? Billy middleton from shetland ( google him, very shady )

Have you seen his latest on Facebook re ‘Shetlandbill’      *&^^&

Billy Middleton
Pi is a new digital currency developed by Stanford PhDs, with over 10 million members worldwide. To claim your Pi, follow this link https://minepi.com/shetlandbill and use my username (shetlandbill) as your invitation code.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 03:53:52 PM by Nicholas »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2021, 04:06:51 PM »

Its been claimed shes been seen on various forums misleading , lying, using various account names , attacking different familys?

She has a history of supporting failed campains. Some have went onto to admit guilt and some failed appeals etc etc. How many successful campains has she lead or been involved in?

Its also said online sandra said to mrs hall she had doubts over luke mitchells innocence in 2014? Simon hall is someone who sandra campained for and featured in one of her books. He later admitted his guilt

Good question.

My own reply to this won't, IMO, be a popular one !

I actually admire Sandra Lean for standing up for convicted people whom she believes to be innocent, even if she sometimes gets it wrong (and, after all, she isn't the only person who gets things wrong). She may have been wrong about two of the people whose cases she discusses in her first book, "No Smoke", but she did put forward credible reasons why she thought they might be victims of a MOJ---in my opinion.

As far as I can see, she is the only person to have written a book on Luke's case, and, IMO, she has researched it well. I can't see why she shouldn't be a reliable source, or why she should have written a book full of lies (as some seem to believe).

I never saw  the Wrongly Accused Person's website, which some people on here have referred to. It disappeared long before I had ever heard of Sandra Lean or Luke Mitchell.

She claims not to have known the Mitchell family before Jodi's murder. I tend to believe her---why shouldn't I?

I have come across her on two other forums, and she uses her real name on both. I don't know whether she sometimes uses a pseudonym-----but then, I use one !  As far as I have seen, she takes time to answer people's questions, and she isn't rude to anyone.

I don't know much about her dealings with Billy Middleton (and yes, I do know who he is).  It doesn't bother me that they ran a website together, or even whether they were "partners" (if they were).

I'm not so keen on her campaigning-----I'm not keen on "campaigning" in general, to be honest. I don't particularly like support groups either.  Nor do I like the fact that she appears to be anti the Covid vax,  but I suppose that's none of my business!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 08:49:05 PM by mrswah »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2021, 04:12:12 PM »

Sandra Lean and Billy Middleton (& others) also set up the ‘National Joint Enterprise Casework Service (NJEC)’ http://www.mojuk.org.uk/WMAI/jointenterprisemark2.htm

Below ⬇️ is an email sent out by Andrew Green in 2012 (https://www.futurelearn.com/info/courses/crime-justice-society/0/steps/106698)

“Those outside prison fighting one another, will only hurt those inside fighting to get out. The present actions of JENGBA are unacceptable to MOJUK and can only damage prisoners and those supporting them!

If you are supporting someone in prison a victim of 'Joint Enterprise' you are now being forced by JENGBA to make a choice. If MOJUK had to make a choice or advise someone inside which organization might best represent the fight against 'Joint Enterprise' cases it would be to seek help from the newly formed National Joint Enterprise Casework Service (NJEC).

MOJUK fully supports the posting below from INNOCENT

To members of INNOCENT

This is a reminder that our next meeting will be on Wednesday, 7 March, starting at 7.00 pm, in the usual venue the Royal Oak pub in Union Street, Oldham OL1 1EN.

Members of INNOCENT have noticed that another meeting has been arranged in Manchester on the same date and at the same time by Gloria Morrison and Janet Cunliffe, who are members of JENGBA (Joint Enterprise Not Guilty By Association). This is the first of a series of meetings arranged to coincide with ours. JENGBA has contacted members of INNOCENT and urged them to attend their meetings rather than ours.

We have asked Gloria and Janet to change the date of their meetings so that INNOCENT members can attend meetings of both organisations if they wish, and do not feel forced into choosing one organisation over another. But they have flatly refused to change their meetings to different dates.

We have been saddened by the discovery that this is a deliberately hostile act. We would like to ignore this childish behaviour and we hope that all INNOCENT members will do so. JENGBA has an excellent record of publicising the terrible and frightening way in which the joint enterprise law is being used to convict innocent people, and we would not wish to prevent members of INNOCENT whose cases involve the use of joint enterprise law from participating in JENGBA's activities. The aims of INNOCENT and the aims of JENGBA are completely compatible.

But although JENGBA offers to help people with their cases, in practice it does not help anyone, and we know of no cases which it has helped to progress in any way. INNOCENT, on the other hand, has a 19 year record of helping with cases, some of which have progressed to successful appeals and the release of innocent prisoners.

Members of INNOCENT know that our meetings are of key importance for our casework. In meetings we exchange information, are brought up to date on cases, clarify the details of what has happened in them, and give support to families. It is essential that members attend meetings if they possibly can. We cannot guarantee to continue supporting cases if the families or supporters concerned stop attending our meetings.

We look forward to seeing you all on 7 March and on subsequent regular meetings of INNOCENT.

Andrew Green
Secretary
INNOCENT  /  <innocent@uk2.net>

challenging miscarriages of justice since 1993

End of Bulletin

Source for this message:
INNOCENT
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 04:15:06 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Rusty

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2021, 04:17:47 PM »

IMO. She most certainly is not credible. She is an online troll, a master manipulator. A compulsive lier and most of all, is in it for herself. Almost everything she has every came out with, has been discredited, we just have to trust her right? Because she has all notes? All the answers? Sounds like somebody, that wants to be the head of a cult if you ask me.   Anybody that uses her as a source, cannot be taken serious.  Middleton is also an online troll, scammer. And anyone that thinks he can fool people by using dodgy grammar, need their heads examined. The man cannot be trusted.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2021, 04:23:29 PM »
Sandra Lean and Billy Middleton (& others) also set up the ‘National Joint Enterprise Casework Service (NJEC)’ http://www.mojuk.org.uk/WMAI/jointenterprisemark2.htm

The NJEC (which included Sandra Lean) stated ‘Our research results will be made freely available for everyone to use’

Anyone know what happened to the alleged ‘results’ ?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 04:31:44 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2021, 04:24:35 PM »

Good question.

I actually admire Sandra Lean for standing up for convicted people whom she believes to be innocent, even if she sometimes gets it wrong (and, after all, she isn't the only person who gets things wrong).  She may have been wrong about two of the people whose cases she discusses in her first book, "No Smoke", but she did put forward credible reasons why she thought they might be victims of a MOJ---in my opinion.

Two?

Have you read the Court of Appeal judgement on Gordon Park?

https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/r-v-park-judgment-010520.pdf

Para’s 79, 82 and 83 are interesting
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 04:31:18 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2021, 04:34:20 PM »
Sandra Lean’s logic and reasoning appears skewed to me

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2021, 04:41:42 PM »
Two?

Have you read the Court of Appeal judgement on Gordon Park?

https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/r-v-park-judgment-010520.pdf

Para’s 79, 82 and 83 are interesting

I have to admit, I forgot about Gordon Park.

The late Bob Woffinden got that one wrong, too.

So did I, for that matter. I no longer wonder whether he was innocent.

However, SL has studied Luke's case in a lot more detail than she had the others.

Offline Mr Apples

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2021, 04:50:57 PM »

Good question.

I actually admire Sandra Lean for standing up for convicted people whom she believes to be innocent, even if she sometimes gets it wrong (and, after all, she isn't the only person who gets things wrong). She may have been wrong about two of the people whose cases she discusses in her first book, "No Smoke", but she did put forward credible reasons why she thought they might be victims of a MOJ---in my opinion.

As far as I can see, she is the only person to have written a book on Luke's case, and, IMO, she has researched it well. I can't see why she shouldn't be a reliable source, or why she should have written a book full of lies (as some seem to believe).

I never saw  the Wrongly Accused Person's website, which some people on here have referred to. It disappeared long before I had ever heard of Sandra Lean or Luke Mitchell.

She claims not to have known the Mitchell family before Jodi's murder. I tend to believe her---why shouldn't I?

I have come across her on two other forums, and she uses her real name on both. I don't know whether she sometimes uses a pseudonym-----but then, I use one !  As far as I have seen, she takes time to answer people's questions, and she isn't rude to anyone.

I don't know much about her dealings with Billy Middleton (and yes, I do know who he is).  It doesn't bother me that they ran a website together, or even whether they were "partners" (if they were).

I concur with all of this.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2021, 05:07:24 PM »
However, SL has studied Luke's case in a lot more detail than she had the others.

What about the Jones family (& others)

What do you think they make of the case papers?

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2021, 05:11:42 PM »

edit: i forgot to add this https://neilwilby.com/2020/06/22/dr-truthseeker-loses-her-moral-compass/

Note:
During Sandra Lean’s interview with Jane Metcalfe on killer Robin Garbutt - Jane lied about 2 further robbers at the Melsonby post office

She made them up as Neil Wilby’s latest blog here shows https://neilwilby.com/2021/04/26/does-court-of-appeal-horizon-judgment-scupper-convicted-murderers-innocence-claim/#click=https://t.co/GalIfAZc6e
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 05:16:05 PM by Nicholas »

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2021, 05:22:44 PM »
What about the Jones family (& others)

What do you think they make of the case papers?

Not sure what you're asking re the Jones family.

Would they have seen the case papers?

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2021, 05:45:53 PM »
Not sure what you're asking re the Jones family.

Would they have seen the case papers?

How much detail do you think the Jones/Walker family and their extended family are aware of?