Author Topic: Is DR Sandra Lean a credible source?  (Read 62018 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: Is DR Sandra Lean a credible source?
« Reply #195 on: May 14, 2021, 11:35:11 PM »
Do you mean people who marry are ‘idiots’ or only those who marry someone in prison ?

That's cheeky! and I couldn't possibly say 😁             

I think marrying a proven murderer in prison or out isn't a good idea.  But I don't think a blanket ban on prison marriages is a good idea either.
Mind you, I am ignorant of if or how many prison marriages do occur in Britain.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #196 on: May 14, 2021, 11:38:30 PM »
He must have had something going for him to attract the following he did before and after Jodi's murder.  Whether he still has the same charisma I've no idea.

Yes but do you think these men: ‘the wanna be and has been gangsters’ find him charismatic ?
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #197 on: May 14, 2021, 11:45:20 PM »
That's cheeky! and I couldn't possibly say 😁             

I think marrying a proven murderer in prison or out isn't a good idea.  But I don't think a blanket ban on prison marriages is a good idea either.

Are you referring to prison marriages in Britain or prison marriages in the US?

You posted this  ⬇️ to do with a US marriage

Killers seem to have a charisma for some.  Think of the number of women who marry them behind bars ~ the most recent I know of >
Scots gran hoping to marry US death row triple murderer branded 'crazy b***h' by victim's mother  13 MAY 2020

Michele German, 46, has told of her “obsession” with John Lotter, saying she would marry him “in a heartbeat”, though “he’ll kill me for saying that”.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/scots-gran-hoping-marry-death-22017020

Then referred to ‘Britain’ ⬇️

« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 12:02:41 AM by Nicholas »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #198 on: May 14, 2021, 11:52:57 PM »
I think marrying a proven murderer in prison or out isn't a good idea.

What’s a ‘proven murderer’ ?

A ‘demonstrated by evidence or argument to be true or existing’ proven murderer?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 11:55:31 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #199 on: May 14, 2021, 11:53:13 PM »
Are you referring to prison marriages in Britain or prison marriages in the Us ?

I know there are a few in America but I don't know anything at all about Britain; the most high profile one being Jimmy Boyle but that was after him turning his life around in prison and his release.
Just checked and the marriage took place while he was on day release. https://www.scotsman.com/whats-on/arts-and-entertainment/how-jimmy-boyle-went-violent-gangster-leading-artist-1455113
« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 12:11:58 AM by Brietta »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

« Reply #200 on: May 14, 2021, 11:54:20 PM »
What’s a ‘proven murderer’ ?

Someone tried and convicted.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #201 on: May 14, 2021, 11:56:18 PM »
I know there are a few in America but I don't know anything at all about Britain; the most high profile one being Jimmy Boyle but that was after him turning his life around in prison and his release.

Clive Stafford Smith married in prison - the marriage was officiated by a death down inmate apparently

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #202 on: May 15, 2021, 12:04:53 AM »
Yes but do you think these men: ‘the wanna be and has been gangsters’ find him charismatic ?

The ‘killer groupies’

I’m referring to these men not the women

Offline Brietta

« Reply #203 on: May 15, 2021, 12:05:30 AM »

At the risk of setting the 'woke' brigade on me I wouldn't know what these guys find charismatic.  I think his bad boy persona certainly attracted women of his age group prior to his incarceration.  But if 'the wanna be and has been gangsters' think him charismatic knowing what he did - they must really be filth.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #204 on: May 15, 2021, 12:08:03 AM »
At the risk of setting the 'woke' brigade on me I wouldn't know what these guys find charismatic.  I think his bad boy persona certainly attracted women of his age group prior to his incarceration.

I’m guessing you’re a bloke

They weren’t ‘women’ they were girls 
« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 12:13:40 AM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #205 on: May 15, 2021, 12:12:51 AM »
But if 'the wanna be and has been gangsters' think him charismatic knowing what he did - they must really be filth.

They certainly appear to be

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #206 on: May 15, 2021, 12:27:43 AM »

Some ‘proven’ murderers are innocent don’t you know

As a former prison governor, I am acutely aware there are prisoners who are innocent of the crimes for which they have been convicted.
I learned that a long time ago – in 1988, to be precise – when I was responsible for managing Stefan Kiszko, who was wrongly convicted of the murder of schoolgirl Lesley Molseed in 1976.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/crime-scene-murder-margaret-mclaughlin-24072995
« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 12:31:09 AM by Nicholas »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #207 on: May 15, 2021, 12:53:57 AM »
Some ‘proven’ murderers are innocent don’t you know

As a former prison governor, I am acutely aware there are prisoners who are innocent of the crimes for which they have been convicted.
I learned that a long time ago – in 1988, to be precise – when I was responsible for managing Stefan Kiszko, who was wrongly convicted of the murder of schoolgirl Lesley Molseed in 1976.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/crime-scene-murder-margaret-mclaughlin-24072995

Many are not.

But it was I am sure one of the strongest arguments for the abolition of the death penalty that an innocent person could be hanged.

I firmly believed Hanratty was innocent and I wasn't alone.

Wrongly hanged: Hanratty is found innocent
`Before his execution, Hanratty protested his innocence to his family: I'm dying tomorrow. Clear my name'
Jason Bennetto
Monday 27 January 1997

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/wrongly-hanged-hanratty-found-innocent-1285402.html

DNA tests show Hanratty was guilty
by BEN TAYLOR, Daily Mail

James Hanratty was guilty of the notorious A6 murder for which he was hanged, sensational scientific evidence has revealed.

A DNA sample taken from his exhumed body has been matched by forensic experts to two samples from the crime scene.

They now believe that there is only a 1-in-2.5million chance Hanratty was innocent.

The results of the tests, released to Hanratty's defence team, are a crushing blow to campaigners who have insisted he was not guilty.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-35427/DNA-tests-Hanratty-guilty.html
« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 12:59:32 AM by Brietta »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #208 on: May 15, 2021, 12:56:17 AM »

And some ‘proven’ murderers overturn their murder convictions (Although aren’t ‘proven’ innocent) and marry when they get out - Raphael Rowe is one such person - although there are conflicting reports whether he’s actually married or not ?

What are your thoughts on this?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 01:00:59 AM by Nicholas »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #209 on: May 15, 2021, 01:13:33 AM »
And some ‘proven’ murderers overturn their murder convictions (Although aren’t ‘proven’ innocent) and marry when they get out - Raphael Rowe is one such person

What are your thoughts on this?

None.

The system which put him in for far too many years of his life also worked in reverse when he won his appeal.

That system is all we have got going for us to protect us as a society.  It isn't perfect.  But there is no doubt that there are more sound convictions than there are miscarriages of justice.