Author Topic: New Theory accounting for the death of Jonbenet.  (Read 67811 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Re: New Theory accounting for the death of Jonbenet.
« Reply #105 on: October 28, 2019, 07:45:00 AM »
From Websleuths, but with a non-referenced cite it reads:  "In a telephone interview, Stewart Long, the boyfriend of John Ramsey’s daughter Melinda, recounted for me the sudden rush to reach Colorado that he, Melinda, and her brother, John Andrew, had made on the morning of December 26. When they arrived at the Ramsey home shortly after 1 P.M., they were unaware of anything more than that JonBenét had been kidnapped.

Long said that John Ramsey climbed into a van with him and John Andrew and told them that JonBenét “was with Beth now.” The father and son broke down in tears as John Ramsey described how he had discovered the body around eleven o’clock that morning.

I almost dropped the telephone as I reached to make sure the “record” button was pressed on my tape recorder. “When you say eleven o’clock that morning, are you assuming that was Mountain time or Eastern time?”

“I’m assuming that was Mountain time. He said eleven o’clock, so I’m assuming he was speaking of his own time reference.”"

So Stewart is saying JAR and himself were in the van when John told them it was 11:00 AM when he found Jonbenet.  Where was Melinda?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 07:24:11 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #106 on: October 28, 2019, 07:53:40 AM »
This post on Websleuths is really weird  "John's story about having the plane clean to impress Melinda doesn't make sense when you consider how untidy his house was. I'm sure Melinda would have been very impressed how clean the wheels were. Do wheels get oil and fuel leaks?"

When was the plane cleaned to impress Melinda?  Which plane?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #107 on: October 28, 2019, 08:16:45 AM »
Then later I noticed John appear to make an error in the CNN interview with Lary King:

"J. RAMSEY: You mean, when did they find her?

KING: Yes.

J. RAMSEY: Well, they found her later that morning.

KING: Hours?

J. RAMSEY: Hours, hours."

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0003/27/lkl.00.html

What is this about "they found her"?  I thought John Ramsey found her.

Who found her first?  Was it White and Fernie?  White admits to going into the wine cellar around 10:00.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 07:29:06 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #108 on: October 28, 2019, 06:36:19 PM »
This post on Websleuths is really weird  "John's story about having the plane clean to impress Melinda doesn't make sense when you consider how untidy his house was. I'm sure Melinda would have been very impressed how clean the wheels were. Do wheels get oil and fuel leaks?"

When was the plane cleaned to impress Melinda?  Which plane?
Contrast that claim with this post.

"With regard to JAR's alibi, I do believe that LE (law enforcement) reported checking the flight records from Atlanta to Minneapolis, and JAR's transportation was confirmed, along with Melinda and Stewart. JR had them use Delta, so they could get 'cheap' non-stop tickets."

Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #109 on: October 28, 2019, 08:36:35 PM »
From a reliable source:

"Some excerpts from IRMI and PMPT 

[IRMI = JonBenet: Inside the Ramsey Murder Investigation,
PMPT = Perfect Murder Perfect Town]

In the following days, we documented the whereabouts of John Andrew Ramsey on the night his little stepsister was killed. Although the family had been of minimal help, Gosage and I backtracked through interviews, records, friends, and associates to put him officially in the Atlanta-Marietta area, except for about six hours when he was presumably asleep at his mother’s home. Unless there was a far-reaching conspiracy or a Harrier jet in the backyard, he didn’t do it.

also

On the last day of the month, I wrote in an exhaustive report that “one can conclude John Andrew Ramsey’s whereabouts have been reasonably accounted for.” A few days later the city spokesperson announced that both John Andrew and his sister Melinda had been cleared of suspicion.
JonBenet: Inside the Ramsey Murder Investigation

Detective Kim Stewart interviewed Melinda for almost two and a half hours. Detectives Ron Gosage and Steve Thomas questioned her brother from 6:00 to 8:00 P.M.
Twenty-year-old John Andrew was obviously upset, but he was composed enough to explain that he was a student at CU and had been in Boulder until December 19. Then he had gone to Atlanta to spend the first part of his vacation with his mother, Lucinda Johnson, and his sister and friends. Then the plan was to continue his vacation with his sister, father, stepmother, and their children. He said his father had arranged to meet him and his sister in Minneapolis at about 10:30 A.M. on December 26, and from there they would all continue to the house in Charlevoix, Michigan.
In the months that followed, the police would confirm that John Andrew, his mother, and her friend Harry Smiles had attended the Peachtree Presbyterian Church in Atlanta on Christmas Eve and that John Andrew had returned to his mother’s home at 1:00 A.M.
Melinda, who worked at a hospital in Marietta, Georgia, finished her shift at about 7:00 A.M. on Christmas Day. That afternoon, John Andrew, Harry Smiles, Melinda, and her boyfriend, Stewart Long, exchanged gifts at Lucinda’s home in Marietta. In the afternoon they all went across the street to a neighbor’s for dinner.
Melinda and Stewart Long left the dinner party about 7:00 P.M., and Melinda started to pack for an early flight the next day. At 9:00 they went to visit Guy Long, Stewart’s uncle, and after visiting other friends were home by midnight.
At about 8:30 P.M., John Andrew went to his friend Brad Millard’s home in Marietta to play video games. After an hour, they left to catch a 10:30 show at the Town and Country Movie Theaters in Marietta with another friend, Chris Stanley.
John Andrew said that after the movie he went back to Brad Millard’s house to get his car and arrived back at his mother’s house at 1:00 A.M. The next morning he left his mother’s house with Melinda, who had come there to pick him up. Together they boarded a flight to Minneapolis at 8:36 A.M. local time. That was forty-four minutes after Patsy called 911 to report that JonBenét was missing.
Could John Andrew, with one or more of the friends who provided his and his sister’s alibis, have left Marietta, Georgia, flown to Boulder, Colorado, and returned in time to be seen by his sister’s boyfriend, Stewart Long, at about 6:15 A.M. when John Andrew and Melinda left for the airport?
The police figured that John Andrew had a minimum of four and a half hours he could not account for—longer if he didn’t stay to see the entire movie. It would have been longer still if he never went to the theater but went to an airport instead. That scenario would give John Andrew almost nine hours to get from Marietta to Boulder and back. Until all airline and private plane flights were checked, John Andrew Ramsey would remain a suspect.

and

For seven weeks the police had been interviewing the Ramseys’ family, friends, and business associates without turning up any real suspects. They had finished their background checks on John Andrew and Melinda and had verified commercial airline schedules and private plane flight plans and found no record that either of them had traveled the night of December 25. Their alibis were solid. Besides the Ramseys, the only people apparently still under investigation were “Santa” Bill McReynolds and his wife, Janet; housekeeper Linda Hoffmann-Pugh; part-time reporter Chris Wolf; Bud Henderson, who owed $18,000 to Access Graphics; company executive Gary Merriman; and the Ramseys’ friends Fleet and Priscilla White.

and

Two and a half months after the Boulder police began investigating John Andrew and Melinda Ramsey, they received the final pieces of evidence that cleared Ramsey’s older children of any involvement in JonBenét’s murder. Bryan Morgan wrote to Detective Thomas on March 4 stating that John Andrew had made an ATM transaction at the QT Store on Roswell Road, in Marietta, Georgia, at 9:00 P.M. on December 25. His friend Brad Millard had been present. To support his claim, Morgan enclosed the ATM transaction slip. He also repeated that Melinda had awakened her brother in the early morning hours of December 26, in time for him to stop at a store and still make an 8:30 A.M. flight to Minneapolis. It was impossible for John Andrew to have flown from Atlanta to Boulder, whether by commercial or private aircraft, commit the murder, and return in time to be awakened by his sister in the presence of Brad Millard, who had stayed overnight in John Andrew’s room.
Perfect Murder, Perfect Town"

That is the situation my new theory faces.  Can we ever prove that these alibis are false?  What proof do we have that Melinda really did wake JAR up that morning?

« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 07:38:50 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #110 on: October 28, 2019, 10:14:17 PM »
This person sort of feels like I do.  What a hassle of a Christmas!
Poster noted:
"I'm so confused. They were leaving for Charlevoix on December 26 and then they were coming back to Colorado and then off to Florida? And John doesn't even remember how many days they were supposed to stay in Charlevoix? I don't even understand why they would even go to Charlevoix. It had to be like 5 degrees there and it was after Christmas. It just sounds so tiring. You have a plane ride to Charlevoix (switching planes in Minneapolis, right?), just spending a couple days there, and then a plane ride back to Colorado. Then, another plane ride all the way down to Orlando. And then a bus ride and then a cruise?"
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #111 on: October 29, 2019, 01:32:45 AM »
The question was asked:  "Now did Lacy just clear John, Patsy and Burke and left the rest of the family in the cold cause so far I can't find one where she cleared John Andrew or Melinda?"

That is a good question for I have wondered that myself.

Several others offered an answer:

"The kids were cleared on March 7, 1997.

"Suspect List Gets Shorter In Girl's Death In Colorado
By JAMES BROOKE
Published: March 9, 1997
New York Times
BOULDER, Colo., March 7— In the 10 weeks since JonBenet Ramsey was killed, Boulder police detectives have focused heavily on the family of the 6-year-old beauty princess. Now that the police have formally dropped her half-brother and half-sister from the suspect list, the investigative spotlight may burn hotter on her parents, John and Patsy Ramsey.
There are no declared suspects in the case, Kelvin McNeill, a city spokesman, stressed on Thursday when he announced that John Andrew Ramsey, 20, and Melinda Ramsey, 25, the children of John Ramsey and his former wife, Lucinda Johnson, had been eliminated as suspects.
The family had publicly appealed to the police to clear John Andrew and Melinda. On Christmas night, the night of the killing, John Andrew and Melinda were believed to have been staying at their mother's house in Atlanta. But the police said their work was slowed when John Ramsey hired a lawyer in Georgia who instructed the son, daughter and first wife not to cooperate with the police."

http://www.nytimes.com/1997/03/09/u....html?scp=1&sq=John+Andrew+and+Melinda&st=nyt "

That is where it stood.

That is the situation my new theory faces.  Can we ever prove that these alibis are false?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 07:41:08 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #112 on: October 29, 2019, 09:23:55 AM »
When you look into it, John Ramsey found Jonbenet dead at 11:00 AM. He tells this to Stewart and JAR when they arrive in Boulder.
John Ramsey says he found her "late morning" in the CNN interview.

Therefore for 2 hours he knew JB was deceased before he pretended to find her at 1:00 PM. When we understand why he did that we will crack the case.
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #113 on: October 29, 2019, 09:50:29 AM »
OK just read through the information on the web page http://www.acandyrose.com/s-john-andrew-ramsey.htm

What do you think?
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #114 on: October 29, 2019, 05:06:51 PM »
Over 100 thread views in a 24 hour period!   OK it is a lot of work to keep presenting new and interesting posts.
Not only interesting but also with the underlying theme that there might be a problem with Melinda's alibi.

If I just took what I read as the truth I wouldn't question her alibi, in fact I read that her alibi was tighter than John Andrew's, but there was no  proof given to that effect.  I'm looking for that evidence to justify the majority saying Melinda was in Atlanta.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 02:42:41 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #115 on: October 29, 2019, 06:06:29 PM »
OK just read through the information on the web page http://www.acandyrose.com/s-john-andrew-ramsey.htm

What do you think?
Bryan Morgan wrote to Detective Thomas on March 4 stating that John Andrew had made an ATM transaction at the QT Store on Roswell Road, in Marietta, Georgia, at 9:00 P.M. on December 25. His friend Brad Millard had been present. To support his claim, Morgan enclosed the ATM transaction slip. He also repeated that Melinda had awakened her brother in the early morning hours of December 26, in time for him to stop at a store and still make an 8:30 A.M. flight to Minneapolis. It was impossible for John Andrew to have flown from Atlanta to Boulder, whether by commercial or private aircraft, commit the murder, and return in time to be awakened by his sister in the presence of Brad Millard, who had stayed overnight in John Andrew's room."

That bolded bit makes it sound like JAR flew on a separate flight to the one taken by Melinda.  Did they all travel together or not?

Should it not have said He also repeated that Melinda had awakened her brother in the early morning hours of December 26, in time for them to stop at a store and still make an 8:30 A.M. flight to Minneapolis.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 07:46:11 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #116 on: October 29, 2019, 06:10:13 PM »
Over 100 thread views in a 24 hour period!   OK it is a lot of work to keep presenting new and interesting posts.
Not only interesting but also with the underlying theme that there might be a problem with Melinda's alibi.

If I just took what I read as the truth I wouldn't question her alibi, in fact I read that her alibi was tighter than John Andrew's, but there was no  proof given to that effect.  I'm looking for that evidence to justify the majority saying Melinda was in Atlanta.

From http://www.acandyrose.com/s-john-andrew-ramsey.htm:

"By now the police had received the test results from John Andrew and Melinda's hair, blood, and handwriting. At the time, the only possible match to evidence found at the crime scene was the pubic hair found on the white blanket in the basement, which held some slight similarities to Melinda's. But her alibi was even tighter than her brother's, and it was not likely that she had used the same blanket when she stayed with the family. The next day the police informed the DA's office that they would make a public statement regarding Ramsey's older children within the week."

"Tight alibi" but a pubic hair on the white blanket!  That seems a bit contradictory.
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #117 on: October 29, 2019, 06:16:09 PM »
Bryan Morgan wrote to Detective Thomas on March 4 stating that John Andrew had made an ATM transaction at the QT Store on Roswell Road, in Marietta, Georgia, at 9:00 P.M. on December 25. His friend Brad Millard had been present. To support his claim, Morgan enclosed the ATM transaction slip. He also repeated that Melinda had awakened her brother in the early morning hours of December 26, in time for him to stop at a store and still make an 8:30 A.M. flight to Minneapolis. It was impossible for John Andrew to have flown from Atlanta to Boulder, whether by commercial or private aircraft, commit the murder, and return in time to be awakened by his sister in the presence of Brad Millard, who had stayed overnight in John Andrew's room."

That bolded bit makes it sound like JAR flew on a separate flight to the one taken by Melinda.  Did they all travel together or not?
In the following email excerpt John Andrew (JAR) seems to imply they were together, but doesn't actually specify it either.

""JAR remembers..."
Posted by jameson on Jul-19-01 at 02:03 PM (EST)

Quotes from an email from John Andrew - - posted with expressed permission.

M=Melinda, S=Stewart, J=John, P=Patsy

The topic being discussed was John telling Stewart that he found the body at 11.

"After M, S and I arrived in Denver we proceded to the house. As soon as we arrived J and P were in the street, they had just found JB. It was a bad scene. Very quickly S and I got in John Fernies van with my dad. Melinda went with Patsy in I think Fleets car. NO ONE WAS THINKING. We just got in the nearest car and drove. NO THOUGHTS. That is when my dad told us he found JB and she was dead. NO THOUGHTS. We prayed and drove to the Fernies. I would imagine that is when Stewart got his information, I was probably sitting right there but I don't remember."
http://www.acandyrose.com/s-john-andrew-ramsey.htmhttp://www.acandyrose.com/s-john-andrew-ramsey.htm

In the bit of the email from JAR that we can read, JAR does not deny that John Ramsey found Jonbenet at 11:00 AM.  So for 2 hour or more he knew about the deceased child and did nothing.

If we can only work out why he behaved like that.  If he had done the crime himself would he admit to finding the body at 11:00 AM?  I don't think so.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 06:41:16 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #118 on: October 29, 2019, 06:56:26 PM »
If John touched the body at 11:00 AM he ended up having to carry Jonbenet up out of the basement so as to deliberately contaminate the body at 1:00 PM.

Surely he tried to untie her when he first found her at 11:00 AM.

Surely he took the tape off her mouth when he first found her at 11:00 AM.
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #119 on: October 29, 2019, 07:40:43 PM »
interesting analysis from http://www.acandyrose.com/s-evidence-fat-cat.htm:

"But Thomas McAninch did what any good criminologist would: he carefully committed as many details as possible to his memory.

(SNIP)

He said it was apparent from the beginning of the letter that a crime was being staged to look like something it was not.

“The author says they represent a ‘small foreign faction,’ but no self-respecting terrorist would consider themselves less that representative of the masses,” he said. “It also says ‘we respect your business,’ but would a foreign faction respect your business? You just don’t find this kind of thing in kidnapping notes,” he said.

Furthermore, he believes a sentence that states, “speaking to anyone about your situation will result in your daughter being beheaded,” also is an example of the author trying to speak as they believe a terrorist would.

And terms written in the letter like “fat cat” are idioms that would not be taught to a foreign person learning the language. For those reasons, he said it was easy to eliminate a person from the Middle East as the author of the ransom note.

“A profile does not predict the individual, it predicts the type of person, and more specifically, it eliminates people,” he explained."

Moderation