Author Topic: New Theory accounting for the death of Jonbenet.  (Read 67684 times)

Offline Myster

Re: New Theory accounting for the death of Jonbenet.
« Reply #255 on: November 24, 2019, 07:06:32 AM »
https://static1.squarespace.com/static/57868571f7e0ab31aff0d29f/t/57aa31bb29687fc245f9610c/1470771645683/TS-3+C.jpg 

I am looking at the first floor where the butler's kitchen goes toward the small lavatory and that bit makes no sense to me.  I have been in the house and as I remember it, there were a few steps up, a landing with the door to the lavatory straight ahead.  Turning to the right there was a closet on the right and then a few more steps up before the basement stairs appeared on the left.

Who made this drawing?  Can he make the revisions to get closer?
The architect obviously got carried away using a thick Sharpie for artistic effect rather than accuracy.  Here's your man...

https://www.linkedin.com/in/nolan-carl-404947aa

This better plan might provide an answer to your puzzlement...
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #256 on: November 24, 2019, 10:55:51 AM »

I am looking at the first floor where the butler's kitchen goes toward the small lavatory and that bit makes no sense to me.  I have been in the house and as I remember it, there were a few steps up, a landing with the door to the lavatory straight ahead.  Turning to the right there was a closet on the right and then a few more steps up before the basement stairs appeared on the left.

Who made this drawing?  Can he make the revisions to get closer?

I don't know who made the above drawing but two people have described to me (on the internet) how one can go through the butlers kitchen up the shorter stairs into a small hall leading to the stairs to the basement.

I have no doubt that is 100% correct. It sounds as if you were able to connect the butler kitchen to the basement stairs, without having to go through the kitchen or the living room (i.e. the main parts to the house).

Whether or not there was a closet along this path is not that important, other than it provides an additional hiding place for an intruder.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 10:59:28 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #257 on: November 24, 2019, 11:05:41 AM »
The architect obviously got carried away using a thick Sharpie for artistic effect rather than accuracy.  Here's your man...

https://www.linkedin.com/in/nolan-carl-404947aa

This better plan might provide an answer to your puzzlement...

That plan shows the door into the kitchen OK, but it doesn't have the detail of how one can go from the Butler kitchen ("Lower hall") to the "stairs to the basement".
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Myster

« Reply #258 on: November 24, 2019, 12:51:19 PM »
That plan shows the door into the kitchen OK, but it doesn't have the detail of how one can go from the Butler kitchen ("Lower hall") to the "stairs to the basement".
Yes, you're right.  Both drawings leave a lot to be desired.  Photo looking down from the spiral staircase area to the Butler's Pantry and three angled steps beyond which apparently lead to the basement staircase...

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #259 on: November 24, 2019, 05:36:36 PM »
Yes, you're right.  Both drawings leave a lot to be desired.  Photo looking down from the spiral staircase area to the Butler's Pantry and three angled steps beyond which apparently lead to the basement staircase...

What I'm amazed about is how we are establishing a relatively unknown fact 23 years later.
Who knew it was possible to escape from the basement via that "secret" passage on or before the morning of the 26th Dec 1996?

John Ramsey continues to make the point the intruders were in the house long enough to find this out for themselves on the night.

The Boulder police don't alert us to the possibility of an alternative escape route.   No floor plan shows the route clearly.
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #260 on: November 24, 2019, 05:39:41 PM »
The other important thing is halfway along that passage is the door that was found open on more than one occasion.
Moderation

Offline Myster

« Reply #261 on: November 24, 2019, 05:54:09 PM »

What I'm amazed about is how we are establishing a relatively unknown fact 23 years later.
Who knew it was possible to escape from the basement via that "secret" passage on or before the morning of the 26th Dec 1996?

John Ramsey continues to make the point the intruders were in the house long enough to find this out for themselves on the night.

The Boulder police don't alert us to the possibility of an alternative escape route.   No floor plan shows the route clearly.
Unless you can root out undiscovered plans or photos of that area from somewhere on the net.

Offline Myster

« Reply #262 on: November 24, 2019, 06:20:15 PM »
You've probably seen and posted this video before... https://youtu.be/oNVnldurADc?t=1156

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #263 on: November 24, 2019, 06:30:10 PM »
Unless you can root out undiscovered plans or photos of that area from somewhere on the net.
I must admit I haven't looked at all the floor plans yet.

The main floor  - ground floor.

the butler pantry was half a floor lower than the ground floor, so the section must have been sloping.
The basement is one floor lower than the ground floor.

The steps at the end of the Butler Pantry take you up, less height than you have to descend from the spiral staircase end.   So there must have been a floor area half way between the pantry and the kitchen.

Second floor were the children's bedrooms.
Third floor were the parents bedroom bathrooms etc.

So above the ground floor it is less complicated.

Kitchen, living room etc  = level zero.
Toilet and washroom  down stairs towards basement = level -0.25 (a quarter of a level down)
Butler pantry = -0.5 (half a level down)
Then the basement = -1  (full level down)

So in my way of thinking that house had 6 different floor levels.

from lowest
1. Basement,
2. butler pantry,
3. toilets and washroom,
4. Kitchen on main floor etc.,
5. Children's bedrooms,
6. parent's bedrooms.
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #264 on: November 24, 2019, 06:36:17 PM »
You've probably seen and posted this video before... https://youtu.be/oNVnldurADc?t=1156
Yes I had thanks.
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #265 on: November 24, 2019, 06:47:44 PM »

At the Northeast corner of the floor plan it shows a toilet and washroom with no access doorways.  This is a problem IMO.

In the video tour of the house there is no mention of a toilet up from these Eastern end stairs.  Maybe the floor plan diagram shows a toilet that wasn't actually built.
Watch it from https://youtu.be/oNVnldurADc?t=1156
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 06:59:47 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #266 on: November 24, 2019, 07:06:49 PM »
Same problem here too.  No door access to toilet or closet at the NE corner of the plan.

Closet is not a word used regularly in New Zealand.

"closet
noun
NORTH AMERICAN
a tall cupboard or wardrobe with a door, used for storage."
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 07:10:33 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Myster

« Reply #267 on: November 24, 2019, 07:10:31 PM »

At the Northeast corner of the floor plan it shows a toilet and washroom with no access doorways.  This is a problem IMO.
Yes I know, but the plan is badly drawn anyway.  As I said before, the technician Nolan Carl has mistakenly placed walls where door openings should be, and got carried away creating a pretty, though inaccurate, three-dimensional drawing.  Most likely done using a 3D computer program such as AutoCAD or Revit, rather than hand-drawn.

You can just make out what should be a door opening to the toilet, but is obliterated by a wall which shouldn't be there...

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #268 on: November 24, 2019, 07:14:16 PM »
OK found a plan that shows access to the toilet NE corner of the building but it is still lacking detail of how to access those toilets from the Butler's pantry area.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 07:16:32 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Myster

« Reply #269 on: November 24, 2019, 07:23:55 PM »
LOL... that's the same one I uploaded in an earlier post.   But even that is inaccurate where the steps up from the Butler's Pantry/Lower Hall on the right are supposed to link with a landing (4) which then leads downstairs to the Basement.