Author Topic: Paul Bush  (Read 25669 times)

Offline sika

Re: Paul Bush
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2014, 07:16:20 AM »
content deleted as abusive

Daisy...best of luck!
You've just reminded me why I never bother reading your posts.  ?{)(**
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 11:36:48 AM by John »

Offline sika

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2014, 08:25:53 AM »
Daisy, forgive me if I have offended you, it was certainly not my intention.

You must expect your claims to be challenged though.

Perhaps it is just my cynical nature. 

If what Paul is saying, is correct, then he is unlucky in the extreme.

The car being used in a kidnap and murder just happens to break down, right at the very moment the crime is to be committed.

The match he carefully replaced in the matchbox, is deposited by another outside the victims flat.

Having remedied the immediate problem and having got the car going, why start looking for other problems? Especially as he didn't have adequate light to do so.  "Just another day in the life of a car repair man" says the website.  What self respecting car repair man would go out on a job, in the dark with no light, and search for a leak of unknown origin with the aid of a naked flame?

Having said that, I don't think that the charge of murder is as clear cut, as that of kidnap.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 08:51:42 AM by sika »

Offline sika

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2014, 09:08:48 AM »
I find your comments offensive and you have obviously not studied the case.  Paul was repairing a car and had no idea what was happening in the flats behind him.  How on earth can this be far fetched?

Also, as regards the match evidence, he asked Alleyne for a torch to look under the car but Alleyne only had a box of matches.  Paul struck two of these and being the tidy person that he is, replaced the spent matches in the box instead of throwing them on the ground.  These matches were therefore present in the box when the genuine suspects left the box outside the flat.

Referring to his police interview - if I was an officer and asked a suspect what they were doing on a given  day and time ten months earlier without allowing them to consult their diary and they were immediately able to recall where they were, I would be extremely suspicious.  We all have busy lives and most of us can't remember what we were doing last week, never mind ten months previously. 

These are just your opinions and are not substantiated.  Paul is entirely innocent and ten years later is unable to come to terms with being charged with a crime he knows nothing about.
It's not as clear cut as Paul not being able to remember, what he did on a particular day, many months before.

He was able to remember certain details but not others.  He remembered being there but failed to recall laying under a vehicle, striking matches, looking for a leak. 

I wonder if his recollection of events became complete, only once he was presented with the matchstick evidence?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 09:10:28 AM by sika »

Offline sika

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2014, 09:23:28 AM »
A few days after the kidnapping Alleyne contacts Paul to ask him if he wants to buy the Chrysler. Paul meets up with him but decides that the price he is asking is too high and does not buy it. During conversation it torns out that Alleyne is planning to drive over to South Wales and Paul had a friend who needed to get over to Cardiff so he arranges for them to get a lift with Alleyne. This results in a number of phone calls between the two. After this there are no records of any calls between the two for the next 10 months. The Crown allege that this was Paul getting paid for 'the job'.

I have copied and pasted the above, from the Free Paul Bush website.

Any thoughts?

Offline Joanne

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2014, 09:42:44 AM »
I was a bit confused when I read the website to be honest with you, maybe I need to read it again.

Offline John

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2014, 11:46:50 AM »
I was a bit confused when I read the website to be honest with you, maybe I need to read it again.

Me too, it says he is serving a 25 year sentence but it was set at a minimum tariff of 17 years with deduction for time already spent in custody.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Daisy

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2014, 02:05:07 PM »
Daisy, forgive me if I have offended you, it was certainly not my intention.

You must expect your claims to be challenged though.

Perhaps it is just my cynical nature. 

If what Paul is saying, is correct, then he is unlucky in the extreme.

The car being used in a kidnap and murder just happens to break down, right at the very moment the crime is to be committed.

The match he carefully replaced in the matchbox, is deposited by another outside the victims flat.

Having remedied the immediate problem and having got the car going, why start looking for other problems? Especially as he didn't have adequate light to do so.  "Just another day in the life of a car repair man" says the website.  What self respecting car repair man would go out on a job, in the dark with no light, and search for a leak of unknown origin with the aid of a naked flame?

Having said that, I don't think that the charge of murder is as clear cut, as that of kidnap.

Yes Sika you did offend me but I think you now appreciate that you have been unkind and thoughtless.  Just think how you would feel if one of your relations was in this position.  I appeal for you to show some compassion. Paul has suffered bouts of depression as a result of being convicted of a crime he knows nothing about.  I have no problem listening to other views but please stop making random statements with nothing to back it up.
Just look at this another way. If you were in the middle of committing a crime would you want the RAC turning up with all lights flashing? This is where Paul came in, being a one man band. Most of his business came from word of mouth and by attending a repair this could have led to other business.  There was no danger using a match as the car was not running.  By being tidy and putting the matches back in the box, Paul was totally unaware of the implications.  If he was guilty he would have disposed of these another way.  There is a question mark about this as the DNA was low count DNA and prior to the police finding the matches which had been outside the flat, the weather had been windy and raining with an open corrider in front of the flats.
I still fail to understand why Paul has been convicted of murder when the court accepts that he took no part in the murder.

Offline Daisy

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2014, 02:09:40 PM »
The 1st August 2014 will mark eleven years since the end of trial.  I find it strange that Alleyne and Quarry have yet to make a statement in relation to Paul Bush.  It's a simple process, all they need do is telephone their lawyer.

Another point I missed earlier, was the telephone records of the Alleyne brothers and Paul Bush checked for prior contact?
I am trying to find out why Alleyne and Quarry have not made a statement but it is not that easy.  I will come back to you when I have had a word with the legal experts.
Paul was friendly with Ralph Alleyne so there were bound to be calls between them prior to the murder.  However he had never met his brother before going to repair the car and had never had contact with him before.

Offline Daisy

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2014, 02:15:53 PM »
A few days after the kidnapping Alleyne contacts Paul to ask him if he wants to buy the Chrysler. Paul meets up with him but decides that the price he is asking is too high and does not buy it. During conversation it torns out that Alleyne is planning to drive over to South Wales and Paul had a friend who needed to get over to Cardiff so he arranges for them to get a lift with Alleyne. This results in a number of phone calls between the two. After this there are no records of any calls between the two for the next 10 months. The Crown allege that this was Paul getting paid for 'the job'.

I have copied and pasted the above, from the Free Paul Bush website.

Any thoughts?

Yes, I have spoken to Paul about this matter.  A fews days later, Paul was with a female friend who was discussing the fact that she was going to Wales to visit her boyfriend.  It was then he received the call about buying the car.  Alleyne mentioned that he was going to Wales and this is when Paul mentioned that his friend was travelling in the next day or so.  He offered to give her a lift to save her using public transport. 
Also does it not occur to you that having a car which had been used in a kidnapping, he may have been keen to sell it in order to distance himself from it?  Again, if Paul had been guilty surely he would have helped by buying the car but he wasn't interested and this is why they never had contact again.

Offline Daisy

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2014, 02:19:08 PM »
Me too, it says he is serving a 25 year sentence but it was set at a minimum tariff of 17 years with deduction for time already spent in custody.

I am confused about the sentence and so is Paul.  He has been given a MINIMUM of 17 years but he feels that he will serve a longer sentence as he refuses to attend any offender management courses.  He knows he is innocent and will not jump through hoops.  He would rather die in prison that admit to something he hasn't done.  Prison is made very difficult for those who maintain innocence but Paul has principles and will not waiver.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2014, 02:32:35 PM »
I am confused about the sentence and so is Paul.  He has been given a MINIMUM of 17 years but he feels that he will serve a longer sentence as he refuses to attend any offender management courses.  He knows he is innocent and will not jump through hoops.  He would rather die in prison that admit to something he hasn't done.  Prison is made very difficult for those who maintain innocence but Paul has principles and will not waiver.

By my reckoning if he keeps out of trouble he will be eligible for parole in the Spring of 2020 assuming of course that he doesn't win his freedom in the meantime.  Which HMP is he in Daisy?
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2014, 02:36:19 PM »
Yes, I have spoken to Paul about this matter.  A fews days later, Paul was with a female friend who was discussing the fact that she was going to Wales to visit her boyfriend.  It was then he received the call about buying the car.  Alleyne mentioned that he was going to Wales and this is when Paul mentioned that his friend was travelling in the next day or so.  He offered to give her a lift to save her using public transport. 
Also does it not occur to you that having a car which had been used in a kidnapping, he may have been keen to sell it in order to distance himself from it?  Again, if Paul had been guilty surely he would have helped by buying the car but he wasn't interested and this is why they never had contact again.

Will this girl confirm all of this Daisy and if so I suggest Paul's lawyers get a statement pronto.

Where is this Chrysler?  I assume it was dusted for finger prints at the time and if not why not?

Did they find any of the murdered girls possessions and check them again for Paul's finger prints or DNA?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 02:40:31 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Joanne

« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2014, 02:52:51 PM »
If I'm not still confused, he might be in Swaleside.
I do have issues with matches being used to 'inspect' a car engine, especially when I worked in a petrol station and a woman came in and asked for a lighter because her petrol cap had frozen on. The whole shop stopped and watched her when I said "No love, try Sainsbury's over there" and she went.

Offline John

« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2014, 03:22:32 PM »
Readers might find this link of interest...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/3132687.stm

« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 03:24:36 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline John

« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2014, 03:26:18 PM »
If I'm not still confused, he might be in Swaleside.
I do have issues with matches being used to 'inspect' a car engine, especially when I worked in a petrol station and a woman came in and asked for a lighter because her petrol cap had frozen on. The whole shop stopped and watched her when I said "No love, try Sainsbury's over there" and she went.

Possibly it was a diesel Chrysler Voyager, Daisy should know.  Diesel is not as flammable as petrol.