Author Topic: Mark Alexander - another false innocence case?  (Read 252 times)

Offline John

Mark Alexander - another false innocence case?
« on: March 14, 2021, 03:04:48 PM »
The term 'false innocence' comes up often in relation to miscarriage of justice campaigns. Many like the Simon Hall case and that of Adrian Prout had massive public campaigns which ended abruptly when the offender's, for one reason or another, eventually admitted their guilt.

The Mark Alexander case is destined to go the very same way in my opinion. Despite claims to the contrary I have never seen a single piece of evidence which could in any way support his claim of innocence.  In my view the only unknown in this case is why Mark Alexander killed his father and how?

Was it over money, his education or his girlfriend?
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposť of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Daisy

Re: Mark Alexander - another false innocence case?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2021, 12:17:29 PM »
The term 'false innocence' comes up often in relation to miscarriage of justice campaigns. Many like the Simon Hall case and that of Adrian Prout had massive public campaigns which ended abruptly when the offender's, for one reason or another, eventually admitted their guilt.

The Mark Alexander case is destined to go the very same way in my opinion. Despite claims to the contrary I have never seen a single piece of evidence which could in any way support his claim of innocence.  In my view the only unknown in this case is why Mark Alexander killed his father and how?

Was it over money, his education or his girlfriend?

There is also no evidence pointing to his guilt.

Offline matthewkevin84

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2021, 12:09:19 PM »

I take it Daisy you haven't had any recent information/updates about Mark Alexander's appeal?

When I asked on his Twitter page I asked and got a reply back saying that basically that a top-notch barrister was dealing with the case and they should know more in 6 weeks, I asked again after 6 weeks and had no reply so I suppose no new news, but I understand legal matters can take time, especially with Covid.

I am attempting to create a poll on Mark Alexander, could someone explain how I do this?
Matt.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2021, 02:36:11 PM by matthewkevin84 »

Offline Daisy

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2021, 03:08:34 PM »

I take it Daisy you haven't had any recent information/updates about Mark Alexander's appeal?

When I asked on his Twitter page I asked and got a reply back saying that basically that a top-notch barrister was dealing with the case and they should know more in 6 weeks, I asked again after 6 weeks and had no reply so I suppose no new news, but I understand legal matters can take time, especially with Covid.

I am attempting to create a poll on Mark Alexander, could someone explain how I do this?
Matt.

No I havenít.  I know his legal team have been busy with their paid work so they only work on Markís case during their spare time.  This is the case with most prisoners.  He has been waiting for two years for documents from the police which they have promised but still not come up with.  I did ask Mark for Factchecker to update us on the forum as this person will know more.  You could PM to find out.

Mark has a podcast coming out soon so hopefully we will be given more information about this when it is available.

Offline John

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2021, 02:24:08 PM »

There is also no evidence pointing to his guilt.

No...I suppose jurors just convict because they don't like the guy.   8(8-))
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposť of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline John

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2021, 02:25:27 PM »

Matt.

It is clear he murdered his father, all the nonsense about a hitman is just a smokescreen imho.

Offline Daisy

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2021, 02:53:17 PM »

Yes probably.  Just like the case of Colin Norris which was based purely on circumstantial evidence.  He was on shift when all four women died so he must have killed them.  This has now been referred to the Court of Appeal and they expect the conviction to be quashed.

Offline John

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2021, 03:53:01 PM »
Yes probably.  Just like the case of Colin Norris which was based purely on circumstantial evidence.  He was on shift when all four women died so he must have killed them.  This has now been referred to the Court of Appeal and they expect the conviction to be quashed.

Mark has always been the only person in the frame for the murder of this father. That said, I still have a suspicion that it wasn't premeditated and that what occurred did so following a heated argument. I could be wrong though, maybe he set out to kill his father just like Jeremy Bamber. The evidence that he used his father's money after he was dead is pretty damning though if as he claimed that he had gone off on his own volition. It just doesn't add up.

If he did have a fight with his father and he died as a result of falling, possibly down stairs or hitting his head, Mark should have come clean and not tried to destroy the body or make up silly stories about builders.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2021, 03:57:32 PM by John »

Offline Daisy

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2021, 04:01:31 PM »
It is clear he murdered his father, all the nonsense about a hitman is just a smokescreen imho.

Mark never claimed there was a hitman.  Arenít you getting muddled up with Jeremy Bamber?   Mark is still struggling to find out how and who killed his father.

Offline matthewkevin84

Mark Alexander Hitman?
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2021, 04:16:12 AM »
Has or has Mark Alexander not claimed that his father was potentially killed by a hitman?

Online mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2021, 07:18:49 PM »

I expect some do-----but then, I'm a cynic-----!