Author Topic: Discussion thread relating to Ann Eaton statements.  (Read 23128 times)

Offline Outlook

Re: Discussion thread relating to Ann Eaton statements.
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2013, 11:47:07 PM »
Interesting too that Jeremy sought to discuss with Ann the possibility of buying Vaulty Manor Farm which was then rented by granny Mabel Speakman and with money the Bamber family hoped to get from the Church of England by relinquishing the tenancy to White House Farm. 

Jeremy let slip that the piece of land measuring approximately 50 acres between Little Totham and Tolleshunt Major and which more or less bordered the caravan park was going to be sold in order to refurbish the Vaulty Manor farmhouse.  This was land that Ann had persuaded Nevill to buy and when she found out that the land had actually been bought by aunty June she was furious.

She puts in her statement that after the meeting with Jeremy she went home and tore down all the wallpaper in the toilet!!   @)(++(*
If you choose to visit Jeremy that will be something to watch out for.  A visceral urge to redecorate your toilet.

Offline John

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2013, 11:52:51 PM »
Interesting too that Jeremy sought to discuss with Ann the possibility of buying Vaulty Manor Farm which was then rented by granny Mabel Speakman and with money the Bamber family hoped to get from the Church of England by relinquishing the tenancy to White House Farm. 

Jeremy let slip that the piece of land measuring approximately 50 acres between Little Totham and Tolleshunt Major and which more or less bordered the caravan park was going to be sold in order to refurbish the Vaulty Manor farmhouse.  This was land that Ann had persuaded Nevill to buy and when she found out that the land had actually been bought by aunty June she was furious.

She puts in her statement that after the meeting with Jeremy she went home and tore down all the wallpaper in the toilet!!   @)(++(*
If you choose to visit Jeremy that will be something to watch out for.  A visceral urge to redecorate your toilet.

It would appear that there was a bit of cousin jealously going on there Outlook?
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Outlook

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2013, 11:56:24 PM »

It would appear that there was a bit of cousin jealously going on there Outlook?

It certainly does.  Having a quick look on Google - Vaulty Manor Farm is certainly a spectacular property so I can see why she was upset.

Offline John

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2013, 12:15:28 AM »
Have you seen what Vaulty Manor has now become?

The venue is owned by a Teresa Ward - Vaulty Manor Limited.

http://maps.google.co.uk/?ll=51.738241,0.728568&spn=0.001844,0.003449&t=h&z=18

« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 01:15:04 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline John

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2013, 12:17:42 AM »

Offline John

« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2013, 12:18:37 AM »

Offline John

« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2013, 01:28:56 AM »
Vaulty Manor Party - An Essex Films Showreel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cIXfVK5dCc&feature=player_embedded

Offline goatboy

« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2013, 08:19:01 AM »
I've never heard about the camp site shop burning down before. Was Jeremy behind it? A motive isn't immediately obvious except if he was somehow involved in the budget to rebuild it then of course this would have given him the opportunity to fiddle the books to make sure he received part of it personally. Remember he wouldn't have admitted to the burglary unless Julie hadn't revealed it. Interesting that he didn't deny this though-he could easily have said Julie made it up.

Offline puglove

« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2013, 12:15:59 PM »
I've never heard about the camp site shop burning down before. Was Jeremy behind it? A motive isn't immediately obvious except if he was somehow involved in the budget to rebuild it then of course this would have given him the opportunity to fiddle the books to make sure he received part of it personally. Remember he wouldn't have admitted to the burglary unless Julie hadn't revealed it. Interesting that he didn't deny this though-he could easily have said Julie made it up.

And isn't it interesting to note that June didn't want to hear any criticism of Sheila? Even at the risk of upsetting Ann.
Jeremy Bamber kicked Mike Tesko in the fanny.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2013, 01:45:48 PM »

And isn't it interesting to note that June didn't want to hear any criticism of Sheila? Even at the risk of upsetting Ann.

Ann appears to have been perturbed by aunty Junes reaction to what was an attempt to help matters.  If Sheila had to resort to using Anns phone as a means of trying to get in touch with her real mother then that shows that she couldn't or didn't want to do it from White House farm.  That for me suggests that June was against Sheila having contact with her birth mother.  Junes comment to Ann was certainly out of character.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2013, 03:48:11 PM »
Do you think it was Jeremy's dream for the family to own their own home and farm rather than being tenant farmers?  He seemed to have been excited over the possibility or was it the thought of getting one over on Ann Eaton that excited him more?   @)(++(*
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Matthew Wyse

« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2013, 04:32:24 PM »
Do you think it was Jeremy's dream for the family to own their own home and farm rather than being tenant farmers?  He seemed to have been excited over the possibility or was it the thought of getting one over on Ann Eaton that excited him more?   @)(++(*

Do you think that Julie Mugford had a quiet word in Ann's ear when they visited the mortuary after the shootings?  This would have been the perfect opportunity for her to sound out Ann and to drop a hint or two about the robbery at Osea.
Most people suspect the truth but few are able to admit it.

Offline huggy

« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2013, 06:29:19 PM »

He appears to be fair game for just about everything which went wrong and in some ways that is valid enough.  I don't think the jury would have believed he was capable of any of it unless Miss Mugford had told what was really going on.  The months of scheming and planning are very telling in my opinion. 

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2013, 11:33:12 AM »
Very interesting one and all.   I also have never seen it mentioned anywhere about the camp shop burning down?  Then again it is not the sort of thing our friend Tesko likes to publicize is it?

Can I mention a point which I found strange.  When Ann arrived at Goldhanger on the morning of the murders and saw Jeremy she remarked at how 'black' his hair was.  Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline John

« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2013, 04:18:12 PM »
Very interesting one and all.   I also have never seen it mentioned anywhere about the camp shop burning down?  Then again it is not the sort of thing our friend Tesko likes to publicize is it?

Can I mention a point which I found strange.  When Ann arrived at Goldhanger on the morning of the murders and saw Jeremy she remarked at how 'black' his hair was.  Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Sorry Dave, I didn't realise this was carried onto the next segment.  I have uploaded the next 10 pages, the comments in relation to Jeremy's appearance can be found at the bottom of page 20 and the top of page 21.

Ann seemed to have been rather taken aback by his appearance.  She said that the last time she saw him he had light brown hair but on seeing him at Goldhanger his skin colour appeared Pakistani or Italian.  I suppose she meant with a tan or sallow.

Ann speaks of a Directors meeting on 18 July 1985 at which Jeremy attended so his appearance changed after this time.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 04:22:04 PM by John »