Author Topic: Did Jeremy Bamber Have An Affair With Charles Marsden?  (Read 37221 times)

Offline Nicholas

Re: Did Jeremy Bamber Have An Affair With Charles Marsden?
« Reply #360 on: April 24, 2021, 11:52:47 PM »
Brett and Jeremy's girlfriend? look for a lawyer... https://youtu.be/T2IWwUJXZ8g?t=2563

The first photo is of Brett Collins and Angela Greaves (according to Getty), the second of Anji Greaves. Compare and contrast...

If Virginia Greaves was 23 years old around the time of the murders - how old was she when she allegedly ‘had an affair’ with Bamber ‘years before Sue Ford’?

Journalist Roger Wilkes stated in his book ‘Blood Relations’

On Friday one of Jeremy’s old girlfriends, Virginia Greaves, made a chance reappearance. Virginia a twenty three year old personnel assistant, had been a member of the Frog and Beans’ drinking set for about three years; she had been a girlfriend of Michael Deckers at one time, and had had an affair with Jeremy in the days before Sue Ford arrived on the scene. At the time of the Bamber killings, she hadn’t seen him for over a year. She had sent him a condolences card, but had received no response. Then through Michael Deckers, she had heard that Jeremy was trying to find someone to rent Sheila’s old flat in Maida Vale and to act as landlady when Jeremy himself wasn’t there. The protest appealed to Virginia Greaves, and she telephoned Jeremy at his cottage. He was out, so she left a message on his answering machine. On Friday afternoon Jeremy returned her call.
After some conversation about the Maida Vale flat, Jeremy invited Virginia Greaves out to dinner with himself and Brett Collins. Julie was still in London. Virginia agreed, and that evening Jeremy arrived at her family’s cottage near Colchester to pick her up. In the car, Jeremy complained about the behaviour of his surviving relations, saying they were forever in and out of White House farm and helping themselves to it’s contents. He told Virginia Greaves that he was getting no support from his family and that they only seemed interested in what they could get. On the way to dinner, Jeremy stopped off at Bourtree cottage where he telephoned Ann Eaton. ‘I don’t mind you having things,’ was the gist of the message, ‘but I’d rather you did it whilst I’m at the house.’

The three of them dined at the Caribbean Cottage. At the end of the evening they returned to Goldhanger. Virginia Greaves spent the night in bed with Jeremy. The seduction was pivotal, in that it rekindled an affair which had apparently fizzled out years before.
At the time, it seemed nothing more than the comforting of a bereaved and bewildered young man by a solicitous and affectionate former girlfriend. But it was to sow a seed of jealously in the troubled heart of Julie Mugford.
Jeremy had arranged to meet Julie on the Saturday morning, so he called her with an excuse and and said he’d be there later. Then he drove Virginia home. Her mother was pleased to see him again, offered her condolences over the tragedy and invited him to stay for lunch. Despite his promise to Julie, Jeremy accepted the invitation, and sat out in the garden on his own while Virginia and Mrs Greaves prepared lunch in the kitchen. When Virginia wandered back outside, Jere,y took her hand and told her how much he still cared for her, even though their affair had ended years before. Jeremy added that he wanted to be around people who cared for him, rather than with his grasping relations. After lunch the pair returned to Goldhanger. In the car, Virginia turned to Jeremy. ‘Do you want me to be sympathetic,’ she asked, ‘or would you rather I didn’t mention what’s happened?’
‘No’ Jeremy replied, ‘I just want to be around happy people, and I don’t want to be alone

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=RSbCDwAAQBAJ&pg=PT129&lpg=PT129&dq=brett+collins+virginia+greaves&source=bl&ots=UKdsfPz1kf&sig=ACfU3U0uEfZ9E7s5AORDZHhMG8p52_-tnQ&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwijytbV75fwAhVVZxUIHWUtDtcQ6AEwEnoECAcQAg#v=onepage&q=brett%20collins%20virginia%20greaves&f=false
« Last Edit: September 18, 2021, 09:02:41 PM by Nicholas »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #361 on: April 25, 2021, 12:10:05 AM »

On Friday one of Jeremy’s old girlfriends, Virginia Greaves, made a chance reappearance. Virginia a twenty three year old personnel assistant, had been a member of the Frog and Beans’ drinking set for about three years; she had been a girlfriend of Michael Deckers at one time, and had had an affair with Jeremy in the days before Sue Ford arrived on the scene. At the time of the Bamber killings, she hadn’t seen him for over a year. She had sent him a condolences card, but had received no response. Then through Michael Deckers, she had heard that Jeremy was trying to find someone to rent Sheila’s old flat in Maida Vale and to act as landlady when Jeremy himself wasn’t there. The protest appealed to Virginia Greaves, and she telephoned Jeremy at his cottage. He was out, so she left a message on his answering machine. On Friday afternoon Jeremy returned her call.
After some conversation about the Maida Vale flat, Jeremy invited Virginia Greaves out to dinner with himself and Brett Collins. Julie was still in London. Virginia agreed, and that evening Jeremy arrived at her family’s cottage near Colchester to pick her up. In the car, Jeremy complained about the behaviour of his surviving relations, saying they were forever in and out of White House farm and helping themselves to it’s contents. He told Virginia Greaves that he was getting no support from his family and that they only seemed interested in what they could get. On the way to dinner, Jeremy stopped off at Bourtree cottage where he telephoned Ann Eaton. ‘I don’t mind you having things,’ was the gist of the message, ‘but I’d rather you did it whilst I’m at the house.’

The three of them dined at the Caribbean Cottage. At the end of the evening they returned to Goldhanger. Virginia Greaves spent the night in bed with Jeremy. The seduction was pivotal, in that it rekindled an affair which had apparently fizzled out years before.
At the time, it seemed nothing more than the comforting of a bereaved and bewildered young man by a solicitous and affectionate former girlfriend. But it was to sow a seed of jealously in the troubled heart of Julie Mugford.

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=RSbCDwAAQBAJ&pg=PT129&lpg=PT129&dq=brett+collins+virginia+greaves&source=bl&ots=UKdsfPz1kf&sig=ACfU3U0uEfZ9E7s5AORDZHhMG8p52_-tnQ&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwijytbV75fwAhVVZxUIHWUtDtcQ6AEwEnoECAcQAg#v=onepage&q=brett%20collins%20virginia%20greaves&f=false

The ‘jealousy’ narrative was manufactured by Bamber, male lawyers and male journalists.

Why would Julie be ‘jealous’ of other females if she was starting to come to terms with the fact he’d conned her and had killed his family; ie: was a mass murderer and child killer?

I don’t agree with Scott Lomax’s misogynistic interpretation either
« Last Edit: September 18, 2021, 09:01:29 PM by Nicholas »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #362 on: April 25, 2021, 12:24:15 AM »
Brett and Jeremy's girlfriend? look for a lawyer... https://youtu.be/T2IWwUJXZ8g?t=2563

The first photo is of Brett Collins and Angela Greaves (according to Getty), the second of Anji Greaves. Compare and contrast...

Did both Angela (Anji) and Virginia Greaves attend Bamber’s murder trial?

https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail/news-photo/mr-brett-collins-and-angela-greaves-the-29-year-old-news-photo/830974720

Anji was in a hotel when the verdict came back

And the Sun newspaper stated she was 30 years old https://www.thesun.ie/tvandshowbiz/television/4959075/jeremy-bambers-deluded-cheerleaders-are-a-disgrace-he-is-guilty-of-monstrous-white-house-farm-murders/
« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 12:31:38 AM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #363 on: April 25, 2021, 12:52:04 AM »

The first photo is of Brett Collins and Angela Greaves (according to Getty)

Is this a photo of Virginia Greaves and Brett Collins as opposed Angela and Brett?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 01:28:36 AM by Nicholas »

Offline Myster

« Reply #364 on: April 25, 2021, 07:45:32 AM »
Is this a photo of Virginia Greaves and Brett Collins as opposed Angela and Brett?
According to BC latest interview (and Getty Images) that photo is of himself and Angela Greaves, Virginia's elder sister.  They both set out to find a lawyer for Jeremy.  Angela was thirty years old, six years older than Jeremy, had a previous affair with him, but it was Virginia, his latest squeeze who was at the Morshead Mansions flat when Julie rang and she answered the phone. Angela (Anji) posed as Jeremy's current girlfriend because Virginia was about to get married to another man and wanted to keep this info from the press.  That's how I understand it.
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline APRIL

« Reply #365 on: April 25, 2021, 08:29:20 AM »
"................so she left a message on his answering machine............". Interesting. There's been a dispute -elsewhere- about the existence of such, supporters preferring to believe there wasn't one.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #366 on: April 25, 2021, 09:33:15 AM »
According to BC latest interview (and Getty Images) that photo is of himself and Angela Greaves, Virginia's elder sister.  They both set out to find a lawyer for Jeremy.  Angela was thirty years old, six years older than Jeremy, had a previous affair with him, but it was Virginia, his latest squeeze who was at the Morshead Mansions flat when Julie rang and she answered the phone. Angela (Anji) posed as Jeremy's current girlfriend because Virginia was about to get married to another man and wanted to keep this info from the press.  That's how I understand it.

If they had a previous ‘affair’ - which one of them was in a relationship or married?

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #367 on: April 25, 2021, 09:37:15 AM »

Didn’t Brett say Jeremy was dating them both?

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #368 on: April 25, 2021, 09:41:34 AM »

Did the sisters split the money paid for the interview and does anyone know how much the newspaper paid?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 10:51:36 AM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #369 on: April 25, 2021, 09:59:32 AM »
If Virginia Greaves was 23 years old around the time of the murders - how old was she when she allegedly ‘had an affair’ with Bamber ‘years before Sue Ford’?

The three of them dined at the Caribbean Cottage. At the end of the evening they returned to Goldhanger. Virginia Greaves spent the night in bed with Jeremy. The seduction was pivotal, in that it rekindled and affair which had apparently fizzled out years before.
At the time, it seemed nothing ore than the comforting of a bereaved and bewildered young man by a solicitous and affectionate former girlfriend. But it was to sow a seed of jealously in the troubled heart of Julie Mugford.
Jeremy had arranged to meet Julie on the Saturday morning, so he called her with an excuse and and said he’d be there later. Then he drove Virginia home. Her mother was pleased to see him again, offered her condolences over the tragedy and invited him to stay for lunch. Despite his promise to Julie, Jeremy accepted the invitation, and sat out in the garden on his own while Virginia and Mrs Greaves prepared lunch in the kitchen. When Virginia wandered back outside, Jere,y took her hand and told her how much he still cared for her, even though their affair had ended years before. Jeremy added that he wanted to be around people who cared for him, rather than with his grasping relations. After lunch the pair returned to Goldhanger. In the car, Virginia turned to Jeremy. ‘Docyou want me to be sympathetic,’ she asked, ‘or would you rather I didn’t mention what’s happened?’
‘No’ Jeremy replied, ‘I just want to be around happy people, and I don’t want to be alone

So Roger Wilkes has the above wrong - as does Holly Goodhead ?

Although Holly seems to have known it was Angela ⬇️

He formed intimate relationships with Suzette Ford, Julie Mugford and Anji Greaves.  Noone came forward with any adverse comments about the relationship per se.

This was 29/30 year old Angela not 23 year old personnel assistant Virginia

I'm not sure what you mean by "highly paid defence"?  When JB was interviewed by EP under caution he was represented by the duty solicitor Bruce Bowler.  JB's girlfriend post JM, Virginia Greaves, secured the services of Kingsley Napley via legal aid and JB was represented by Paul Terzeon. This was Kingsley Napley's first case funded via legal aid.  As such they were unfamiliar with the funding of expert witnesses and it has been said this was to JB's detriment.  I understand with the benefit of hindsight JB regrets not continuing with Bruce Bowler.

Have you any documentary evidence for the "ring of truth".

It was Angela not Virginia

« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 01:37:15 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #370 on: April 25, 2021, 10:04:50 AM »

Was this ⬇️ Angela or Virginia?

JM wasn’t furious she actually stated she was annoyed  (top of page 29 of her WS)

I was annoyed with him about the call as he had told me he had asked out another women. The phone then rang again and it was Virginia. I walked out of the room and into the bedroom as I was so angry. I picked a Chinese box of Jeremy and threw it against a mirror which smashed. When that broke he came into the room with the phone, still on it to Virginia and then put it down.
He asked me why I did it and I said it was a cruel thing to do to ask out another women whilst I was there
He became very cross and I slapped his face. 
He then got hold of my right arm and twisted it up my back, pushed me onto the bed and then he raised his arm as if to hit me

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #371 on: April 25, 2021, 10:18:37 AM »
"................so she left a message on his answering machine............". Interesting. There's been a dispute -elsewhere- about the existence of such, supporters preferring to believe there wasn't one.

The answering machine argument has been done here on this thread too

How does it matter?

Yes, if he already had the AM prior to murdering his family, it could be queried why it didn’t kick in before he reached it when he claimed Nevill phoned him...but it’s all too late in the day now. The case is done and dusted (with/without queries the AM) so it makes no difference.

If it was proven JB had the machine BEFORE he killed everyone it would just reinforce his guilt. But he’d just say he hadn’t switched it on, so again, it’s all a pointless exercise.

Virginia Greaves certainly left a message on his AM at Goldhanger, she said so, and it’s in CAL’s book. But that may have been after the murders so doesn’t prove anything, except that he did have one at that time.

Was it Virginia who left the message on the answering machine or Angela it was after apparently Anji Bamber viewed as his girlfriend at the time?

And Bamber apparently asked Virginia to move in with him even though he knew she was getting married to someone else? ⬇️
And just because 2 days after the above he went to Angela Greaves flat in Kensington, made a pass at her and kissed her, discussed marriage with her and told her he was fed up with Julie (All supposedly whilst also dating and sleeping with her sister Virginia and had apparently asked Virginia to move in with him) doesn’t make him a murderer

Did Carol Ann Lee know Bamber’s ‘former girlfriend’ was 29/30 year old supposed personnel assistant Angela Greaves not 23 year old Virginia?

Who’s JM meant to be referring to here?

Occasionally choking on her words, she told the court about the night at Caterham Road, when she had begged him to remain with her, and the angry confrontation at Sheila’s flat when she discovered that Jeremy had begun dating a former girlfriend,”

(Courtesy of Carol Ann Lee from her book, ‘The Murders at White House Farm’)
https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=Rj14BwAAQBAJ&pg=PA317&lpg=PA317&dq=the+sun+anji+greaves+jeremy+bamber&source=bl&ots=h8PnNHTkTl&sig=ACfU3U1NpuMY9WW_GJ0UKEtiEAeZmVwONg&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwics4rWi4LpAhWEoFwKHYIID8oQ6AEwBHoECAoQAQ#v=onepage&q=the%20sun%20anji%20greaves%20jeremy%20bamber&f=false
And how did Julie know ‘at once’ it was Virginia and not Angela ⬇️ ?

Not read or seen any w/s of what either sister said.  Only CAL's interpretation of what occured...

'Brett called at the cafe to remind Jeremy that the antiques dealer was due, so they all returned to the flat.
While the dealer was looking through the items from the farm, the telephone rang.
Jeremy answered, speaking ‘in a friendly manner’ to the caller.
‘Who is it?’ Julie asked, growing suspicious.
‘Virginia,’ he said.
Julie knew at once that he meant Virginia Greaves, and asked him to put the phone down.
When he carried on talking, she cut the call herself.
They then began to argue and Jeremy admitted he was seeing Virginia.
When the telephone rang again and he answered it, Julie stormed through to Sheila’s bedroom.
‘I was so angry,’ she remembered. ‘I picked up a Chinese box of Jeremy’s and threw it against a mirror, which smashed.’
Still on the line, Virginia heard the splintering glass. ‘What’s that?’ she asked.
Jeremy replied, ‘Oh, Julie just smashing some plates up.’
There was another crash.
‘What’s that?’ asked Virginia again.
‘Julie’s just put her wrists through the window.’
Shocked, Virginia told him definitely, ‘I don’t want anything to do with that and I’ll speak to you some time.’

Was it Angela Greaves who had previously dated Mike Deckers? ⬇️

‘Marsden said that he had visited Jeremy at his cottage the previous Thursday night.  Brett Collins had cooked them a chicken dinner and the three had then repaired to the Caribbean Cottage at Burnham for drinks.  Jeremy had announced that he and Julie had split up the previous weekend.  While he didn't give a specific reason, Marsden had the impression that Julie had disliked Brett Collins.  In any case, Jeremy added, he now had a new girlfriend, Virginia Greaves, who used to go out with Mike Deckers of the Frog and Beans.  Jeremy also told Charles Marsden that he and Brett were going to sell Bourtree Cottage and move to Sheila's flat in Maida Vale.  Virginia would move in too, Jeremy added.

Who and what were Roger Wilkes sources for the above?

Didn’t Anji Greaves claim Bamber had proposed to her? Why then is Bamber claiming to Charles Marsden Virginia (Anji’s sister) would be moving in with his and Brett Collins?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 02:02:53 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #372 on: April 25, 2021, 02:04:20 PM »
What does Angela Greaves witness statement to police say and why is only Virginia’s statement referred to and not hers?

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #373 on: April 25, 2021, 04:55:30 PM »
Not read or seen any w/s of what either sister said.  Only CAL's interpretation of what occured...

'Brett called at the cafe to remind Jeremy that the antiques dealer was due, so they all returned to the flat.
While the dealer was looking through the items from the farm, the telephone rang.
Jeremy answered, speaking ‘in a friendly manner’ to the caller.
‘Who is it?’ Julie asked, growing suspicious.
‘Virginia,’ he said.
Julie knew at once that he meant Virginia Greaves, and asked him to put the phone down.
When he carried on talking, she cut the call herself.
They then began to argue and Jeremy admitted he was seeing Virginia.
When the telephone rang again and he answered it, Julie stormed through to Sheila’s bedroom.
‘I was so angry,’ she remembered. ‘I picked up a Chinese box of Jeremy’s and threw it against a mirror, which smashed.’
Still on the line, Virginia heard the splintering glass. ‘What’s that?’ she asked.
There was another crash.
Shocked, Virginia told him definitely, ‘I don’t want anything to do with that and I’ll speak to you some time.’

Bamber was gaslighting Julie and Virginia (Presuming it was her and not Angela who phoned?)

There was another crash.

But no mention in any of Julie’s statements she ‘put her wrists through the window’ or was ‘smashing some plates up’

I suspect this didn’t happen

But why did Bamber say this to Virginia?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 05:51:01 PM by Nicholas »