Author Topic: Shrien Dewani to be extradited on 7 April 2014.  (Read 7870 times)

Offline Amanda3266

Re: Shrien Dewani to be extradited on 7 April 2014.
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2014, 08:30:12 AM »
As regards his state of mind.....he looks a tortured man to me.

I am convinced he is guilty.

I am equally convinced he cannot cope with this fact in his own mind....hence he is tortured.

Be interesting to see what other mental heath assessments show.....especially if I am proved wrong in this respect.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2014, 09:54:01 PM »
A fair trial which answers many of the questions outstanding is the only way Anni will get justice and her family some measure of closure. 

I’m not sure that the police chief’s remarks describing Shrien Dewani as a monkey, allegations of torture and the plea bargaining of the taxi driver Zola Tongu are indicative a fair trial will be possible. 
How much of a coincidence is that - a man allegedly desperate to murder his wife exits an airport in a foreign country - meets a taxi driver allegedly having financial difficulties, and within a few hours an alleged deal is struck with each man trusting the other to carry out his part?
If that was the opening chapter of a book you would put it back on the shelf and look for a story which was not so incredible. 

I watched the Panorama documentary, and was impressed with the CCTV they uncovered. 

So many aspects of Anni’s death need to be examined – the accepted wisdom is that Shrien Dewani is responsible – I hope that if he is found fit to stand trial Britain will watch carefully to ensure it is a fair one.

http://www.dailymaverick.co.za/article/2014-04-06-the-killing-of-anni-more-than-just-shrien-dewani-in-the-dock/#.U0MDv5VOVjo

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/africa/anni-dewani-murder-third-south-african-man-found-guilty-of-killing-honeymoon-bride-8328932.html
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Tim Invictus

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2014, 12:10:20 AM »
When the first rendezvous in the township failed to materialise, Dewani had to take his new bride to dinner while a new plot was hatched! There were many text messages between Dewani and Tsonga that night even though they were together with Anni! Just another example of the damning circumstantial evidence!

Just like Dewani changing sterling for dollars in some back street flea market when there was a perfectly good bureau de change in his plush hotel! Just like Dewani using an airport freelance taxi driver when his hotel ran an airport transfer service and an in house taxi service! Etc. etc.

There are just so many aspects of Dewani's behaviour that cry out guilty, I would be truly shocked if he is innocent.

Offline Tim Invictus

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2014, 10:31:13 AM »
I just heard that if Dewani is not fit to stand trial after 18 months, the South African authorities have agreed to return him to UK and drop all charges! What a joke ..... Dewani will be outdoing Oscar for mental anguish acting!

Offline John

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2014, 12:03:25 PM »
I wonder who paid for the Learjet and why such expense?  Would no other airline carry him   >@@(*&)
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Lindyhop

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2014, 08:46:45 PM »
I wonder who paid for the Learjet and why such expense?  Would no other airline carry him   >@@(*&)

I wondered too. Someone may have been trying to spare the public the discomfort of sitting next to an alleged murderer for 12 hours. First class passengers would not have wanted him in their midst ruining their £4K flight, and it would have been tricky having him in a regular economy seat with all the required security around him.

Or maybe his family thought they ought to give him a fitting send-off seeing as he may be out of the country for a long, long time?

Offline Tim Invictus

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2014, 12:32:50 AM »
Unbelievably Dewani flew to SA on a private, chartered Lear jet. The cost of $100,000 was met by the SA government .... ie taxpayers! Who paid for his own private doctor and shrink who accompanied him, I do not know! There were also police officers from both SA and interpol on the flight!

Dewani will have his own private room and personal chef in the psychiatric hospital where he will be staying to be assessed.

Heads of state get worse treatment!

Offline John

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2014, 05:00:08 PM »
I laughed yesterday when I heard that his brother had commented that Shrien was 'committed' to clearing his name.  If that was the case why has he fought extradition through every court in England for the last three years.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.