Author Topic: White House Farm - Floor plans and photos  (Read 145796 times)

Offline John

Re: White House Farm - Floor plans and photos
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2012, 07:53:11 PM »
If you look carefully on the plan which Jeremy drew out for the police on the morning of the murders you will see the word "RIFLES" and two marks shown just above the word scullery.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 08:00:10 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Tim Invictus

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2012, 07:59:32 PM »
I notice there are two large bricked up windows on the front of the kitchen entry side of the house. I guess that goes back to when property taxes were calculated on the number of windows. Silly tax!

Offline Myster

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2012, 08:24:22 PM »
Thanks again John!

That was another word that confused me until you pointed out what it was..., it looks like "BE2LTs"

That plan is also misleading in that the Laundry/Back Office extends across the whole width of the back extension when on the police plans it shows the actual width.

It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline John

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2012, 08:29:14 PM »
Thanks again John!

That was another word that confused me until you pointed out what it was..., it looks like "BE2LTs"

That plan is also misleading in that the Laundry/Back Office extends across the whole width of the back extension when on the police plans it shows the actual width.

Those stairs which are beside the gun cupboard, do you know how you access them on the ground floor.  Are they by any chance accessed via the gun cupboard?     8-)(--)

« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 08:35:11 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline Myster

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2012, 09:05:20 PM »
Thanks again John!

Those stairs which are beside the gun cupboard, do you know how you access them on the ground floor.  Are they by any chance accessed via the gun cupboard?     8-)(--)

If you mean that room on the right with the open white door, then you would have to climb over all that rubbish inside first!... unless those stairs were not used at all.

The stair winders do seem to rotate towards the inside of that room.

I always thought that the gun cupboard was that with the little door with the visible underside of the stair treads and risers... the one that Bamber claimed wouldn't fit a rifle with telescopic sights and/or moderator fitted.

There is a photo somewhere of it with a rifle placed just inside.

Offline Myster

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2012, 09:18:56 PM »
I notice there are two large bricked up windows on the front of the kitchen entry side of the house. I guess that goes back to when property taxes were calculated on the number of windows. Silly tax!

If you think about it the main bedroom would have had two draughty, rattling sliding-sash windows at one stage..., no fun trying to get to sleep on a cold winters night, with the wind blowing down your neck.

Offline John

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2012, 09:39:47 PM »
Having looked at some of the photos again Myster I can see that this raises a very interesting possibility.  I don't think they used the second or third staircases at all.  If you look at the picture below of the second staircase you can see that it is really a storeroom and nothing more.  I can't see Sheila or anyone else using that staircase that morning.

Offline Myster

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2012, 09:53:01 PM »
Where have you been hiding all these marvellous clear photos, and letting us amateur sleuths suffer!  @)(++(*

I don't think that the stair to the cellar, under the main staircase in the hall was used much either.

Didn't one of the raid team put is foot through one of the rotten treads?

So that probably leaves only the one functioning staircase in the property.

Offline John

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2012, 10:00:29 PM »
Where have you been hiding all these marvellous clear photos, and letting us amateur sleuths suffer!  @)(++(*

I don't think that the stair to the cellar, under the main staircase in the hall was used much either.

Didn't one of the raid team put is foot through one of the rotten treads?

So that probably leaves only the one functioning staircase in the property.

That's what I was just thinking...sort of shines a new light on Mike Tesko's wild theories yet again.   @)(++(*

Offline Tim Invictus

« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2012, 10:02:36 PM »
Nice to see someone else with as messy and untidy a house mine!

Offline Claudia

« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2012, 11:51:18 AM »
The farm house in that picture and the one I saw of the pantry appear to be in a state of disorder. Old fhouses are sometimes like that but its not as if they couldnt afford a bit of maintenance is it.   Do you think June didnt take an interest in the appearance of her home ??

Offline Matthew Wyse

« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2012, 11:59:48 AM »
The farm house in that picture and the one I saw of the pantry appear to be in a state of disorder. Old fhouses are sometimes like that but its not as if they couldnt afford a bit of maintenance is it.   Do you think June didnt take an interest in the appearance of her home ??

You are correct about old houses with back stairs and pantries being left in a bit of a mess.  My grans house was like that, I don't know how she was ever able to find anything.  Mind you us boys found it a bit of a treasure trove at times and many a useful item long discarded was found to be of some use to us.  In many cases Claud it is a case of out of sight - out of mind.

The public areas of the house were neat and tidy though which leads me to believe that poor June was house proud in many ways.
Most people suspect the truth but few are able to admit it.

Offline abs

« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2012, 05:42:09 PM »
I see Roch is pinching my photos again...naughty boy Davey.   @)(++(*

So do I, nick wherever I can.   8)--)) I have quite a collection. Made the picture thread on the blue forum, but I have many photos which are not added, since I am not there any longer.

Offline Andrea

« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2012, 05:54:12 PM »
I see Roch is pinching my photos again...naughty boy Davey.   @)(++(*

So do I, nick wherever I can.   8)--)) I have quite a collection. Made the picture thread on the blue forum, but I have many photos which are not added, since I am not there any longer.

I still have the pictures i put on the blue forum, abs. I might upload them here if i can find them!

Offline abs

« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2012, 05:59:52 PM »
I´ll nick´em if I don´t have them!