Author Topic: Why now?  (Read 30242 times)

Offline John

Re: Why now?
« Reply #465 on: December 02, 2021, 03:53:14 PM »
Unless you can point it out - NO they were not!  They were blamed on NO evidence whatsoever.

No I strongly disagree Brietta and on hindsight maybe you could reconsider the post. There was indeed a lot of evidence, albeit circumstantial, that the McCanns were involved thus why they became the focus of the investigation at one point. Indeed, their conduct was not conducive to a claim of innocence so they did themselves no favours there.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline barrier

« Reply #466 on: December 02, 2021, 04:59:37 PM »
By virtue of the simple fact that the man the Smiths saw has never come forward despite all the appeals to do so and the police enquiries.
Pathfinder and myself have said this for years, identify Smithman it'll go along way to solving the mystery.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #467 on: December 02, 2021, 05:30:15 PM »
By virtue of the simple fact that the man the Smiths saw has never come forward despite all the appeals to do so and the police enquiries.
And how do you know a) he didn’t come foward at the time as Totman did but got filed in the bin along with Totman’s statement and b) that he hasn’t come forward since the Crimeatch appeal?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline John

« Reply #468 on: December 02, 2021, 05:39:57 PM »
And how do you know a) he didn’t come foward at the time as Totman did but got filed in the bin along with Totman’s statement and b) that he hasn’t come forward since the Crimeatch appeal?

I would think that had he come forward the McCann publicity hound would have been on it straight away.   8((()*/
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #469 on: December 02, 2021, 05:43:27 PM »
And of course you know them both so well.

About as well as anyone else here.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #470 on: December 02, 2021, 06:25:15 PM »
I would think that had he come forward the McCann publicity hound would have been on it straight away.   8((()*/
Why?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Brietta

« Reply #471 on: December 02, 2021, 06:26:01 PM »
No I strongly disagree Brietta and on hindsight maybe you could reconsider the post. There was indeed a lot of evidence, albeit circumstantial, that the McCanns were involved thus why they became the focus of the investigation at one point. Indeed, their conduct was not conducive to a claim of innocence so they did themselves no favours there.

I seldom make a post without having taken as much care as possible to substantiate everything in it and if there has been one iota of verifiable evidence against the McCanns for any one of the slurs made against them, I have yet to see it.

What is it about the propaganda that it outweighs the fact that the Public Prosecutor did not find any evidence to prosecute one or other or both.

THE INNOCENCE OF THE MCCANN
MP thinks it's likely Maddie died. But you don't know what happened. Parents were careless, although they did not abandon their children
2011-08-05
The Public Prosecutor's Office (MP) admits in the document that ends the investigations into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann, that the most likely scenario, for what happened on the night of May 3, is a dramatic end - maddie's death.

A fatality that, despite the thousands of diligences, remains without guilt and at the same time a mystery.

Maddie's parents were charged in the course of the investigations, but now the MP explains why he does not accuse them of any crime and attributes them innocence.

According to the document, consulted by PortugalDiário after the case has been made public on Monday, it is not possible to impute to the McCann any crime because, for example, at the time of the facts, they were not inside the apartment;  the couple's behaviour was also taken into account and their stance, up to the date of the facts and subsequently, was considered normal, according to the testimonies.

However, one of the most important factors for the couple's innocence were the results of the trace analyses, found in the apartment of praia da Luz and in the trunk of renault rented, more than 20 days after the
disappearance.

The tests proved inconclusive, meaning it was not possible to determine that the fluids found are maddie's.

In explaining the non-accusation to the couple, the MP explains that the analysis of the phone calls also revealed no evidence and that the advance warning, which allegedly was made to the media [in an alleged call to Sky News] instead of the police, was not confirmed.

To be true... Where's the body?
The final order of the process even puts the hypothesis that eventually the McCann are responsible for the death of the child.
However, he considers that many questions are lacking:
how,
where,
when,
by what means,
with the help of whom
and what they have done to the body in such a short time?
Questions that are difficult to answer, especially if we take into account, according to the MP, that the McCann only knew the vicinity of the village and had no contacts or friends in Portugal.

Despite the manifest innocence of the couple, the MP considers that the crimes, equated at the beginning of the process, are not to rule out given the degree of probability, namely, homicide.
However, there is no evidence to bring it to conclusions beyond the assumption.

Heavy penalty for the carelessness of the children About the McCann weighed even the cross of having neglected the safety of the children.

Evidence of negligence or abandonment was considered, but after 14 months... Disregarded.
The Prosecution Explains Why.
This type of crime has to set up deed for the victim and danger to life.
Now, according to the MP, Maddie's parents did not act in bad faith, since it was not predictable that when they came on holiday to the beach of Light something bad could happen.
The MP also claims that it was not required to put the possibility of kidnapping, since there is no history of such a crime at the scene.
It is also pointed out that, despite the carelessness of the parents, the minors were always watched: the document stresses, moreover, that the McCann are already atoning for the penalty of their sin with the disappearance of their daughter.

Case prescribes in 2022 The MP argues that its decision does not correspond to a definitive and/or irreversible closure of the investigation.
The case should not be prescribed before May 2022.
Little past 4.30pm on Monday when more than 40 journalists - half Of British - who had already requested consultation of the case, received the DVDs with about 30,000 pages, divided into 67 volumes, with ades, reports, letters rogatory, exchanged emails and translated documents.

With no evidence that the McCann couple committed any crime, the MP ordered the filing of the case.
On July 21, Kate and Gerry, along with Robert Murat, were raised as defendants.

https://tvi24.iol.pt/sociedade/maddie/a-inocencia-dos-mccann

It is not possible to subscribe to the existence of evidence against them (innuendo and misrepresentations just do not count) when the Portuguese Prosecutor has stated publicly that there is no evidence against them. 
It has to be one or the other.
The Philpott's https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2013/apr/02/derby-house-fire-evil-philpotts did themselves no favours;  the McCanns didn't seek favours their prime concern has always been doing their best to find their daughter which seems to have been sufficient to keep sceptic hounds snapping at their heels.  Causing the reports "The parents of Madeleine McCann say they believe there are people in Portugal and Britain who do not want their daughter to be found, ahead of the third anniversary of her disappearance.
Madeleine's mother Kate says some people would be "greatly embarrassed" if her daughter was found."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8653794.stm
I think there is plenty of evidence to justify that thought.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #472 on: December 02, 2021, 06:26:22 PM »
About as well as anyone else here.
So not at all then, but you still feel qualified to assess the strength of their mental health.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #473 on: December 02, 2021, 06:48:06 PM »
So not at all then, but you still feel qualified to assess the strength of their mental health.

I was replying to someone who likened them to butterflies having their wings pulled off. I reserve the right to disagree.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #474 on: December 02, 2021, 07:00:12 PM »
I was replying to someone who likened them to butterflies having their wings pulled off. I reserve the right to disagree.
And I reserve the right to point out that your observation is not based on personal experience and is therefore quite irrelevant.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #475 on: December 02, 2021, 07:13:03 PM »

Few are more vulnerable than the parents of a missing child.  There is something decidedly odd about sceptics who sought to to exploit the fragility of those who are at their lowest ebb.

Did sceptics really think nothing of toying with the vulnerability of bereft parents ~ or was it done with malice a forethought.

I think pulling the wings off a butterfly is a pretty apt analogy of what they were about ~ glad you picked up on it.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline John

« Reply #476 on: December 02, 2021, 07:53:38 PM »
I seldom make a post without having taken as much care as possible to substantiate everything in it and if there has been one iota of verifiable evidence against the McCanns for any one of the slurs made against them, I have yet to see it.

What is it about the propaganda that it outweighs the fact that the Public Prosecutor did not find any evidence to prosecute one or other or both.

There's a very wide gulf between having circumstantial evidence as against having a sufficiency of evidence which could sustain a guilty verdict in any court of law. There is a lot of inculpatory circumstantial evidence in this case ranging from the Smiths sighting to the dog alerts. There's no denying it and as most of us here have spent over ten years discussing it all in depth, I'm certainly not going to dissect it all again.

One final point. It could be argued that Kate McCanns refusal to answer questions when interviewed as an official suspect did her no favours. I don't know many mothers of missing children who would behave in such a manner unless they had something to hide and/or were protecting someone.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 08:07:13 PM by John »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #477 on: December 02, 2021, 07:56:07 PM »
Few are more vulnerable than the parents of a missing child.  There is something decidedly odd about sceptics who sought to to exploit the fragility of those who are at their lowest ebb.

Did sceptics really think nothing of toying with the vulnerability of bereft parents ~ or was it done with malice a forethought.

I think pulling the wings off a butterfly is a pretty apt analogy of what they were about ~ glad you picked up on it.

Unlike fragile butterflies the McCanns had weapons which they used spread their message and to silence and intimidate those who disagreed with it.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #478 on: December 02, 2021, 08:03:19 PM »

The most probable reason he hasn't come forward imo is because there has never been an appeal in Portugal... Can you believe it.

We also know the average Portuguese doesn't trust the police and would be reluctant to get involved for fear of getting batterd into a confession
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 08:13:34 PM by Davel »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #479 on: December 02, 2021, 08:18:15 PM »
There's a very wide gulf between having circumstantial evidence as against having a sufficiency of evidence which could sustain a guilty verdict in any court of law. There is a lot of inculpatory circumstantial evidence in this case ranging from the Smiths sighting to the dog alerts. There's no denying it and as most of us here have spent over ten years discussing it all in depth, I'm certainly not going to dissect it all again.

One final point. It could be argued that Kate McCanns refusal to answer questions when interviewed as an official suspect did her no favours. I don't know many mothers of missing children who would behave in such a manner unless they had something to hide and/or were protecting someone.

I think you are talking absolute rubbish.. The dog alerts are not evidential and the so Smith I D is totally unreliable.  He said he wouldn't even recognise the man again.

The PJ said the main evidence against the McCanns was the dogs.. Amaral said the alerts proved Maddie died in the apartment.. What an incompetent bunch of fools