Author Topic: Why now?  (Read 29213 times)

Offline jassi

Re: Why now?
« Reply #75 on: June 06, 2020, 09:07:06 AM »
The police now know the exact spot where he was when he took that call, and it wasn’t where he lived. He was our lurking...

And why do you insist on saying “supposedly” when things are FACTS?  You do the same with Psychopath Bamber.

There’s no “supposedly” about it: the police have the LOGS which PROVE he took a call at 7:32pm and exactly where he was. That’s not supposition

Had he burnt out the car that would have looked HIGHLY suspicious! Besides, he lived hand to mouth, so wouldn’t want to get rid of the few cheap assets he had.

You tell us why anyone would reregister their car into someone else’s name who lived in a different country the day after Maddie was killed? If you don’t think that’s highly suspicious you’re the only person on the planet who doesn’t.

Just give me one reason why he would do that?.

How do you know that ?
The limited number of masts restricted location accuracy to a broad area around PDL, rather than the greater accuracy possible today - or so I've read.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Billy Whizz Fan Club

« Reply #76 on: June 06, 2020, 09:14:48 AM »

It’s also strange that the little German girl who went missing five years ago from a holiday complex in woodland in Germany, and who’s never been found either, dogs never traced her scent either. The abductor obviously carried a case or large backpack coated with some kind of substance to prevent/disguise aromas from seeping out for digs to pick up. He sounds far more sophisticated than Bamber in his evil doings, but almost ALL murderers come unstuck somewhere because nothing is predictable.

Do you trust in scent tracker dogs but not cadaver and blood scent dogs?

I certainly agree that the circumstantial evidence is credible and needs following.

Offline Billy Whizz Fan Club

« Reply #77 on: June 06, 2020, 09:18:51 AM »
Eh?  Why not?  Someone knows what happened to Madeleine therefore someone has successfully evaded detection for 13 years, why can’t it be this guy?

This guy hasn't evaded detection though. Detectives were aware of him in 2008. There was a reporter yesterday who wrote "over the years...his name kept cropping up".

Offline jassi

« Reply #78 on: June 06, 2020, 09:32:24 AM »
This guy hasn't evaded detection though. Detectives were aware of him in 2008. There was a reporter yesterday who wrote "over the years...his name kept cropping up".

Certainly Grange knew about him early in their investigation. They spent a huge amount of effort on 600 persons of interest. Surely they didn't pass him by without thorough investigation?
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Lace

« Reply #79 on: June 06, 2020, 09:51:57 AM »
It doesn't ring true imo.

A guy in the area with, we are told, a very dodgy past.  He supposedly made/received a tel call in the area some 2 hours before MM went missing.  Why is this surprising when he lived in the area?  And supposedly told a friend in a bar he knew what happened when MM appeared on TV. A bit like me and others thinking they know what happened then.  Oh and he re-registered his car to a.n.other but was still driving around in it.  Could be loads of reasons for doing this.  If it incriminated him then why not abandon or torch it?

None of it makes sense.

What about his twitter messages,  saying he wanted to abduct something small to keep for days?

They have all this evidence against him,  but unless they get some solid proof that he was there near where Madeleine went missing they don't have anything that will stand up in court.  He'll deny everything,  he'll say he didn't carry out what he said on twitter, that he was lying when he told his friend he knew what happened to Madeleine.  Unfortunately none of this will get him convicted.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #80 on: June 06, 2020, 09:52:46 AM »
He has avoided being arrested for the crime of Madeleine’s abduction for 13 years though hasn’t he?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #81 on: June 06, 2020, 09:54:16 AM »
Certainly Grange knew about him early in their investigation. They spent a huge amount of effort on 600 persons of interest. Surely they didn't pass him by without thorough investigation?
Grange have questions to answer IMO as do the PT police who could have nailed him in the early days meaning there never needed to have been an Operation Grange.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Brietta

« Reply #82 on: June 06, 2020, 10:09:45 AM »

There is a good explanation for that excellently posted by Eleanor on another thread ...

This is a Portuguese Investigation.  As we have been frequently reminded.  Operation Grange had No Jurisdiction.  They weren't even allowed to interview anyone.  So how could they pursue anything independently?

Meanwhile, this supposed Suspect was locked up in Germany and only Portugal had the Legal Right to approach this person.  Who will charge him if there is sufficient evidence and where will he be tried?  Will he be made Arguido with a right to refuse to answer any questions?

It's not looking good, Folks.

God, what a mess.  Portugal had tabs on him in the beginning and decided that he wasn't involved despite 12 Years of criminal activity.  Did Portugal even interview him?

And I think we can kiss goodbye to any Forensics after all this time.

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=11585.msg596817#msg596817

Says it all really.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline jassi

« Reply #83 on: June 06, 2020, 10:14:13 AM »
There is a good explanation for that excellently posted by Eleanor on another thread ...

This is a Portuguese Investigation.  As we have been frequently reminded.  Operation Grange had No Jurisdiction.  They weren't even allowed to interview anyone.  So how could they pursue anything independently?

Meanwhile, this supposed Suspect was locked up in Germany and only Portugal had the Legal Right to approach this person.  Who will charge him if there is sufficient evidence and where will he be tried?  Will he be made Arguido with a right to refuse to answer any questions?

It's not looking good, Folks.

God, what a mess.  Portugal had tabs on him in the beginning and decided that he wasn't involved despite 12 Years of criminal activity.  Did Portugal even interview him?

And I think we can kiss goodbye to any Forensics after all this time.

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=11585.msg596817#msg596817

Says it all really.

So how did Grange manage to reduce '600 persons of interest' to 'one last lead'?

Or maybe not -

Offline VIXTE

« Reply #84 on: June 06, 2020, 10:42:40 AM »

Don’t be daft, Holly

He wouldn’t have pulled up in his car/van in the same street !

He’d have had it parked roads away...and wheeled her off inside his suitcase he used to collect cash, cards, cameras, phones, laptops, iPads, jewellery, clothing, documents

It is possible that he was in the apartment before.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8660431/madeleine-mccann-mother-kate-abduction-kidnapper-previous-attempt/

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #85 on: June 06, 2020, 10:53:45 AM »
It’s interesting how some people here like to pick and choose which bits of these latest revelations to believe in, in order to hold on tightly to their own theories about what happened.

Talking of picking and choosing you appear to believe  everything in the tabloid about Christian P?  I bet you didn't feel quite the same when the tabloids claimed the McCanns sold MM to pay off their debts?

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12461601.mccanns-win-pound550k-payout-and-apologies-for-libels/

The latest revelations?  You mean a lot of unsubstantiated claims in the tabloid pres? 
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #86 on: June 06, 2020, 10:56:50 AM »
Talking of picking and choosing you appear to believe  everything in the tabloid about Christian P?  I bet you didn't feel quite the same when the tabloids claimed the McCanns sold MM to pay off their debts?

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12461601.mccanns-win-pound550k-payout-and-apologies-for-libels/

The latest revelations?  You mean a lot of unsubstantiated claims in the tabloid pres?
Perhaps you could provide the cites I asked for instead of asking me stupid questions?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #87 on: June 06, 2020, 11:09:36 AM »
Guess what VS ... he is appealing on a technicality regarding his European Arrest Warrant.  If his appeal is successful he could get out.

And if charges are ever brought against CP over MM's disappearance, and I can't see a scrap of evidence for this, his defence lawyers will rightfully assert a fair trial is impossible based on all the press reporting:

https://www.jstor.org/stable/4507991
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #88 on: June 06, 2020, 11:10:45 AM »
And if charges are ever brought against CP over MM's disappearance, and I can't see a scrap of evidence for this, his defence lawyers will rightfully assert a fair trial is impossible based on all the press reporting:

https://www.jstor.org/stable/4507991
He won't be tried in the UK.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #89 on: June 06, 2020, 11:21:20 AM »
He won't be tried in the UK.

I doubt he will be tried period.  Article 6, HR, right to a fair trial.