Author Topic: Why now?  (Read 29856 times)

Offline jassi

Re: Why now?
« Reply #105 on: June 06, 2020, 02:01:01 PM »
Alcohol also fuels boasts and BS!  If they know what happened then why haven't they recovered the body?

I've no doubt he did 'know all about her'
It's no secret that he was in the area and  would have seen and heard about what was going on. Everybody and their cat in PDL 'knew all about it'.
Doesn't mean he had anything to do with it though.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #106 on: June 06, 2020, 02:01:31 PM »
There is no evidence of anybody going through the bedroom window that he reportedly used. I want new DNA tests - now that is relevant!
Direct your demands at the police, not me.  How do you think DNA tests are going to help bang up your chosen suspect anyway?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Lace

« Reply #107 on: June 06, 2020, 02:12:51 PM »
I think a committed paedophile will always strike again, given the chance. It’s a compulsion they have no control over.

If he is freed no doubt he will strike again.   

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #108 on: June 06, 2020, 02:19:40 PM »
Direct your demands at the police, not me.  How do you think DNA tests are going to help bang up your chosen suspect anyway?

Nobody knows what it will reveal until it's actually done. Less gossip and more action is required in this case!
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline kizzy

« Reply #109 on: June 06, 2020, 02:24:51 PM »
makes you wonder why it was ignored all those years ago - before the german girl went missing.

Why you can trust Sky News
German authorities reportedly ignored warnings from their own police seven years ago that suspect Christian B could have abducted and killed Madeleine McCann.

A report from detectives monitoring Christian B identified him as a key suspect in the Madeleine mystery, but it was ignored by Germany's Federal Criminal Office, according to news magazine Der Spiegel.

The 2013 police report was triggered after British detectives made a new appeal in the Madeleine case on a German Crimewatch-style TV show.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #110 on: June 06, 2020, 02:26:13 PM »
If he is freed no doubt he will strike again.

No doubt.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #111 on: June 06, 2020, 02:49:19 PM »
Nobody knows what it will reveal until it's actually done. Less gossip and more action is required in this case!
. Think about it.  You want DNA tests done to prove the McCanns dunnit, yet the McCanns DNA would have been all over that apartment anyway so what do you think it would prove? 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #112 on: June 06, 2020, 03:14:20 PM »
They will be required to do new DNA tests if they are going to charge this German. They need evidence!
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #113 on: June 06, 2020, 03:17:31 PM »
They will be required to do new DNA tests if they are going to charge this German. They need evidence!
That is why the police have gone public with this information - to gain more evidence.  Not all evidence is DNA related and a conviction does not rest solely on DNA evidence.

Offline Carana

« Reply #114 on: June 06, 2020, 03:24:20 PM »
But the case has nothing to do with the UK legal system..

The victim is a British citizen.  The suspect a German citizen.  The crime was committed in Portugal.  Its the responsibility of the Portuguese to put together a case and arrange extradition.

How come we're not hearing from PJ?  Why a German prosecutor?

Where's the defence lawyer?  'My client denies any involvement' or 'My client does not wish to comment at this stage'. 

Defence lawyers might argue any trial has been prejudiced by media reports.

It doesn't ring true.

In Portugal??

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #115 on: June 06, 2020, 03:31:10 PM »
That is why the police have gone public with this information - to gain more evidence.  Not all evidence is DNA related and a conviction does not rest solely on DNA evidence.

New DNA tests are required. Bring it on  ?>)()<

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #116 on: June 06, 2020, 03:33:57 PM »
Yes dear, I don't know why you're being all smug about it.

Offline jassi

« Reply #117 on: June 06, 2020, 03:35:26 PM »

According to the media holes are being dug at his former residences, presumably in the expectation of finding some incriminating evidence. I expect they dismantling the properties with the same aim.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Carana

« Reply #118 on: June 06, 2020, 03:46:32 PM »
There is no evidence of anybody going through the bedroom window that he reportedly used. I want new DNA tests - now that is relevant!

New DNA tests of whom and where?

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #119 on: June 06, 2020, 04:36:15 PM »
Obviously you start with evidence at apartment 5A where the child went missing from if they believe the German abducted her.