Author Topic: Irish teen Nóra Quoirin (15) disappears while on holiday in Malaysia.  (Read 60550 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Irish teen Nóra Quoirin (15) disappears while on holiday in Malaysia.
« Reply #300 on: January 08, 2020, 03:57:00 PM »
There could have been a cartel of crack dealers living nearby, that still wouldn't prove Nora was abducted.
What a stupid remark, IMO.  No one has suggested it would prove anything.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline The General

« Reply #301 on: January 08, 2020, 03:59:32 PM »
What a stupid remark, IMO.  No one has suggested it would prove anything.
I think Davros is suggesting a correlation between the prevailing crime rate and the likelihood of an abduction / murder.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #302 on: January 08, 2020, 04:05:32 PM »
I think Davros is suggesting a correlation between the prevailing crime rate and the likelihood of an abduction / murder.

Simply looking at the need for security... Obviously if there is little or no crime then security doesn't have to be so tight... If there was regular petty crime it's different .that's the sortbof question the police may have been able to avoid but will have to answer if called

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #303 on: January 08, 2020, 04:59:19 PM »
I don’t think he is tbh
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #304 on: January 08, 2020, 05:06:56 PM »
Simply looking at the need for security... Obviously if there is little or no crime then security doesn't have to be so tight... If there was regular petty crime it's different .that's the sortbof question the police may have been able to avoid but will have to answer if called

If there was regular petty crime at the Dusun resort, they'd have some security by now, the place has been running for 30 years.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline The General

« Reply #305 on: January 08, 2020, 05:27:40 PM »
If there was regular petty crime at the Dusun resort, they'd have some security by now, the place has been running for 30 years.
Monkeys. Most of the crime, I will guarantee, will be down to monkeys.
I befriended a pygmy Proboscis Monkey, who I named Terry, who eventually became my man-servant. I had to evict him forcefully from the tent as he turned out to be a very adept, duplicitous kleptomaniac.
And he was rubbish at cooking.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #306 on: January 08, 2020, 05:38:30 PM »
Monkeys. Most of the crime, I will guarantee, will be down to monkeys.
I befriended a pygmy Proboscis Monkey, who I named Terry, who eventually became my man-servant. I had to evict him forcefully from the tent as he turned out to be a very adept, duplicitous kleptomaniac.
And he was rubbish at cooking.
There are no Proboscis monkeys in the jungle of the peninsular.  Some gibbons though.  they're nice (though they've probably been wiped out by now).

Offline barrier

« Reply #307 on: January 10, 2020, 05:53:44 PM »
The police case is closed one wonders how a civil one can proceed.
Nora Quoirin death: Parents 'shocked' by decision to close case

The teenager's parents have now learned no further action is to be taken in the case. They said it would mean that no inquest would be held.

The Malaysian Attorney General's Chambers has classified the case as "no further action", according to the Lucie Blackman Trust.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-51065360
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #308 on: January 10, 2020, 06:02:57 PM »

The teenager's parents have now learned no further action is to be taken in the case. They said it would mean that no inquest would be held.

The Malaysian Attorney General's Chambers has classified the case as "no further action", according to the Lucie Blackman Trust.

Disgraceful, but not surprising.

Offline barrier

« Reply #309 on: January 10, 2020, 06:21:54 PM »
Disgraceful, but not surprising.

If they don't suspect foul play why is it either of those things.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #310 on: January 10, 2020, 06:30:53 PM »

OJ Simpson... Criminal case not guilty... Civil case... Liable

As I've said.   They can call police as witnesses and they will have to supply answers

Offline barrier

« Reply #311 on: January 10, 2020, 06:36:43 PM »
OJ Simpson... Criminal case not guilty... Civil case... Liable

As I've said.   They can call police as witnesses and they will have to supply answers

You've quoted the usa,is it the same in malaysia?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #312 on: January 10, 2020, 06:41:55 PM »
You've quoted the usa,is it the same in malaysia?

Malaysia law is very close to uk law... That's how it works in the uk.  I said from the start the civil case could be a way of getting answers... And that's what it's looking like

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #313 on: January 10, 2020, 06:51:15 PM »
If they don't suspect foul play why is it either of those things.
Did you actually read the article?  It sounds to me like the Malaysian authorities are very keen to brush this one under the carpet. 

Offline barrier

« Reply #314 on: January 10, 2020, 07:23:19 PM »
Did you actually read the article?  It sounds to me like the Malaysian authorities are very keen to brush this one under the carpet.

Two sides to every story we only have The Lucie Blackman Trust's opinion.,the Malaysians say, The Malaysian Attorney General's Chambers has classified the case as "no further action", according to the Lucie Blackman Trust.