Author Topic: Corona Virus; Tips and info  (Read 25705 times)

Offline Carana

Re: Corona Virus; Tips and info
« Reply #165 on: May 04, 2020, 12:27:40 AM »
I've been reading discussions between medical staff swapping tips on work arounds.

A potentially promising one from the UK was when they'd run out of ventilators, they nicked the little machines normally used for sleep apnoea. So far, it seems that it has offered a better outcome than intubation.

Another from the UK was to "prone" patients on ventilators, i.e. put them on their tummies.

Another make-do solution originated in Italy, by adapting a full-face diving mask.

Offline John

« Reply #166 on: May 04, 2020, 01:08:35 AM »
I've been reading discussions between medical staff swapping tips on work arounds.

A potentially promising one from the UK was when they'd run out of ventilators, they nicked the little machines normally used for sleep apnoea. So far, it seems that it has offered a better outcome than intubation.

Another from the UK was to "prone" patients on ventilators, i.e. put them on their tummies.

Another make-do solution originated in Italy, by adapting a full-face diving mask.

Seen then doing this in Italy Carana some weeks before the virus hit the UK proper.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #167 on: May 08, 2020, 08:24:32 PM »
im not saying he is right but i think its too early to start judging which country did the right thing

Swedish Covid-19 expert says other Scandinavian countries will be hit just as badly when they lift restrictions and New Zealand faces DECADES of quarantining foreigners if they wipe virus out
Swedish expert Johan Giesecke believes coronavirus lockdowns are 'futile'
Lack of a vaccine means that everyone will be exposed eventually, he argues
That means strict measures are only delaying mass infection, not preventing it
He defended Sweden's lockdown-free strategy, saying other countries will catch up with its case and death tolls whether they went into lockdown or not 

Offline Carana

« Reply #168 on: May 09, 2020, 06:40:50 PM »
Don't know, Davel.

Maybe that solution seemed sensible to them in the light of their society: Swedes seem more personally responsible, 50% live alone, 40%+ work from home... They do seem to have the usual precautions in place, but as long as their hospitals could cope, they didn't to go as far as a lockdown.

A criticism in Sweden has been that not enough was done to protect the elderly... as in so many countries.

From what I can gather, a lockdown isn't a long-term solution: it's an emergency measure to prevent hospital saturation, and to give authorities time to ramp up, once they overwhelmed by containment attempts.

Offline Carana

« Reply #169 on: May 09, 2020, 06:45:34 PM »
This seems to be the study on UVC that got drowned out by Dettol Don's ruminations:

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20200327-can-you-kill-coronavirus-with-uv-light

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #170 on: May 11, 2020, 03:21:19 AM »
If it gives you pancreatitis drink fresh milk.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Carana

« Reply #171 on: May 15, 2020, 07:13:59 AM »
The elusive Exercise Cygnus report (of the pandemic preparedness simulation that took place in October 2016).

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/may/07/revealed-the-secret-report-that-gave-ministers-warning-of-care-home-coronavirus-crisis

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #172 on: May 15, 2020, 10:21:37 AM »

Fluids are required, but not necessarily milk imo.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline John

« Reply #173 on: May 15, 2020, 10:52:00 AM »
It has been brought to my attention that some posters are still using inappropriate comments and remarks towards other members on the boards. Forum rules dictate that all responses should be amicable and constructive, there is no need to express any opinion or respond to any question aggressively.

Please keep this in mind guys when posting. TY
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #174 on: May 17, 2020, 12:53:46 PM »

Cows Milk?  How does this make sense?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #175 on: May 17, 2020, 04:49:13 PM »
Cows Milk?  How does this make sense?

I don't know but from what I've read since having the acute pancreatitis is that it is not actually a bacterial infection yet the doctors were giving me antibiotics 4 times a day for two and a half days.   So how do the antibiotics work?

In pancreatitis the enzymes that the pancreas produces start attacking the organ itself.  It was the reaction in my gut to food that was continuing to cause flatulence (burping etc), and the consumption of the milk seemed to stabilize this process.
I'm continuing to drink milk at bedtime since then.  I don't know if you have it in the UK but about 7 years ago I switched to drinking A2 milk.  So it is not just any milk but A2 milk for me.   I never asked the nurse for A2 milk so I'm not sure of the type but it tasted like A2 milk.

Now, remember I had been taking Berocca for about a week prior to my attack.  Looking up side effects of Berocca for the first time "Berocca Side Effects by Likelihood and Severity" https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-167620/berocca-folic-acid-guarana-caffeine-oral/details/list-sideeffects

they include "gas" and "Swelling Of The Abdomen"  both symptoms I had.  I noticed the milk reduced the gas.

Milk doesn't seem to help with pancreatitis as such but if the gas pressure was causing the pancreatic duct to malfunction there maybe a connection.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #176 on: May 17, 2020, 06:26:42 PM »
I don't know but from what I've read since having the acute pancreatitis is that it is not actually a bacterial infection yet the doctors were giving me antibiotics 4 times a day for two and a half days.   So how do the antibiotics work?

In pancreatitis the enzymes that the pancreas produces start attacking the organ itself.  It was the reaction in my gut to food that was continuing to cause flatulence (burping etc), and the consumption of the milk seemed to stabilize this process.
I'm continuing to drink milk at bedtime since then.  I don't know if you have it in the UK but about 7 years ago I switched to drinking A2 milk.  So it is not just any milk but A2 milk for me.   I never asked the nurse for A2 milk so I'm not sure of the type but it tasted like A2 milk.

Now, remember I had been taking Berocca for about a week prior to my attack.  Looking up side effects of Berocca for the first time "Berocca Side Effects by Likelihood and Severity" https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-167620/berocca-folic-acid-guarana-caffeine-oral/details/list-sideeffects

they include "gas" and "Swelling Of The Abdomen"  both symptoms I had.  I noticed the milk reduced the gas.

Milk doesn't seem to help with pancreatitis as such but if the gas pressure was causing the pancreatic duct to malfunction there maybe a connection.

I am not in UK.  I buy Raw Milk from the local farm.  But I am not sure if humans should be drinking Cows Milk.  Probably not.  Although I can't think of an alternative, apart from Goats Milk.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #177 on: May 17, 2020, 07:03:39 PM »
I am not in UK.  I buy Raw Milk from the local farm.  But I am not sure if humans should be drinking Cows Milk.  Probably not.  Although I can't think of an alternative, apart from Goats Milk.

What are the advantages/disadvantages of non pasteurised milk?

What about soya milk? 
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #178 on: May 17, 2020, 07:10:38 PM »

What about soya milk?

Or rather soya? 
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #179 on: May 17, 2020, 07:14:32 PM »

What about soya milk?

Raw Milk tastes better.  It tastes like Milk, which most people have forgotten.

The Cows are Tuberculine Tested.  And it is half the price.

I have no idea about Soya Milk.