Author Topic: Joana Cipriano - A sorry story of poverty and neglect.  (Read 32447 times)

Offline Carana

Re: Joana Cipriano - A sorry story of poverty and neglect.
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2016, 10:51:50 AM »
So everyone who had to care for Joana over the years including social workers, teachers, neighbours and her own husband are liars?  Not to mention the time a neighbour had to take the poor mite to hospital when she contracted pneumonia, effectively abandoned by a mother who couldn't care less.

There was no need for ‘Tó Gordo’ to testify, Leonor was facing a murder charge, not a neglect charge.

I'm aware of that, but proving neglect / abuse would have lent more credence to the possibility that she suffered a violent death, so it seems a bit odd that they didn't call in "Tó Gordo"...

Offline John

Re: Joana Cipriano - A sorry story of poverty and neglect.
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2016, 12:50:56 PM »
I'm aware of that, but proving neglect / abuse would have lent more credence to the possibility that she suffered a violent death, so it seems a bit odd that they didn't call in "Tó Gordo"...

I think she signed her own fate the moment she admitted hitting the girl after she returned from the shop.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.