Author Topic: Moderation queries.  (Read 93622 times)

Offline Eleanor

Re: Moderation queries.
« Reply #240 on: April 17, 2020, 03:48:32 PM »

I think that at all times Members need to remember that this is not a Democracy.  Only John decides in the end.

We, The Moderators do our best, which might be biased to some small degree, although not a lot on my part.  In fact if anything, I err in favour of people who are opposed to my opinion.  Not that I expect anyone to believe that.  Please your blimmin selves.

I have only ever been concerned with Abusive and Libellous Comments, and you all know when you are doing this.  You think I am stupid?  So don't do it.  And certainly don't fane outrage when you get dealt with.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #241 on: May 30, 2020, 01:04:19 PM »
When was G-Unit made a moderator and why was there no announcement?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #242 on: May 30, 2020, 08:11:28 PM »

This is nothing to do with you.  John decides.  This is not up for discussion.

Offline Billy Whizz Fan Club

« Reply #243 on: June 14, 2020, 08:10:20 AM »
Precisely.  John revues all deletions and reinstates where he thinks it is necessary.  Unfortunately, John is not able to be here all of the time.

What about posts that are modified by an admin. This has happened to me and it makes no sense. I was not libellous but had offered a scenario that could explain certain given facts. I don't even believe it happened that way myself but offered a scenario up for discussion. I have four warnings all close together and only understand the reason for one. I later added the line about the scenario that the mod had deleted - well I repeated the scenario and asked why it was deleted. I didn't know this wasn't allowed. I think such moderation is wide open to personal bias and there needs to be some review or appeal process by other mods should a user feel they are being unfairly treated.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #244 on: June 14, 2020, 08:28:51 AM »
What about posts that are modified by an admin. This has happened to me and it makes no sense. I was not libellous but had offered a scenario that could explain certain given facts. I don't even believe it happened that way myself but offered a scenario up for discussion. I have four warnings all close together and only understand the reason for one. I later added the line about the scenario that the mod had deleted - well I repeated the scenario and asked why it was deleted. I didn't know this wasn't allowed. I think such moderation is wide open to personal bias and there needs to be some review or appeal process by other mods should a user feel they are being unfairly treated.

Members can pm John or Admin and ask for moderator actions to be reviewed.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #245 on: June 14, 2020, 09:35:12 AM »

John decides in the end and reinstates if he thinks it is unfair.  And criticising Admin won't help.

Do you not understand this?

Offline sadie

« Reply #246 on: June 16, 2020, 01:08:14 AM »

G-Unit a moderator ?

But why wasn't it announced per the normal ?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #247 on: June 16, 2020, 11:34:05 AM »
Please stop accusing me of posting disinformation unless you are prepared to offer evidence upholding your accusations.
I certainly have no problem with gunit being a moderator...there is a feeling from sceptics that moderation has become one sided and this has now been addressed.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #248 on: June 16, 2020, 11:42:43 AM »
I certainly have no problem with gunit being a moderator...there is a feeling from sceptics that moderation has become one sided and this has now been addressed.

I hope no-one has a problem because I don't see myself as representing any group over another. My aim is to moderate all members if they break the forum rules regardless of their stance on any subject.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline sadie

« Reply #249 on: June 16, 2020, 11:52:26 AM »
Please stop accusing me of posting disinformation unless you are prepared to offer evidence upholding your accusations.

May your moderating be a long, fair and stress free one.  Good luck Gunit

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #250 on: June 16, 2020, 12:05:31 PM »

As was intended.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #251 on: June 16, 2020, 12:06:42 PM »

May your moderating be a long, fair and stress free one.  Good luck Gunit

It won't be stress free.  I can promise you that.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2020, 12:11:51 PM by G-Unit »

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #252 on: June 16, 2020, 12:49:46 PM »
G-Unit a moderator ?

But why wasn't it announced per the normal ?

Are you only catching up now Sadie?
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #253 on: June 16, 2020, 12:50:38 PM »
It won't be stress free.  I can promise you that.

I thrive on stress.  @)(++(*
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #254 on: June 16, 2020, 01:05:55 PM »
I thrive on stress.  @)(++(*

I have learned how to.  And it certainly does have it's moments.